Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / 3" Vinyl Record?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:51 am

In other Stripey news, Jack and Meg recently recorded a brand new song, "Top Special," which was released only on a limited edition three-inch vinyl record, and available exclusively on their just-completed American tour. Gotta love those Stripes and their weird-ass merch. The teeny tiny single, which is probably long gone by now, was sold as part of a set that also included three inches for "Hotel Yorba," "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground," "Fell in Love With a Girl," "Seven Nation Army" and others, and came with a miniature record player.

Jack White wrote on the White Stripes website, "I just wanted you to know that we are keeping all of our campaign promises to our fans. And we will never forget the promise we made that we will always do our best to provide our true fans with items of merchandise that they can get from no other band and cannot get on the internet, and cannot be used for any practical purposes."
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:18 pm

Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:25 pm

Maaan, now I wish I woulda seen the white stripes the last time they were in town.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:27 pm

I dunno, those are pretty gay. They'd be hard to play on a "real" record player. Even 5" records can be tough to handle.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:33 pm

I'd only wanna play em on the lil' player anyway...it'd just be a cool little thing to have....not to mention if you got sick of it you could sell it for 10 times what you paid for it.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:35 pm

the white stripes suck

but the idea of a 3" record is interesting
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:54 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

I dunno, those are pretty gay. They'd be hard to play on a "real" record player. Even 5" records can be tough to handle.

Your the gayest queer faggot cocksucker on earth. That thing is fucking cool as hell! Who gives a shit if it plays on a real record player? That special player is amazing. Go gargle a load and quit pretending you can't handle 5 inches.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:00 pm

Those aren't flexis, are they? Hip-Pocket Records flexis were only three inches.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:17 pm

No, not flexis. I know what theyre talkin bout:

I have a 3" record put out by The Vindictives in the 90's.

In reality, everytime I tried to play it, my record players arm wanted to automaticlly retract (as it thinks its at the end of a record).

It would play on shittier record players, but whats the point.

Also, it's kinda hard to keep up with. It doesnt go with my LP's, my 45s, or my 10"s (which are even dumber). So I think I just sandwiched it in with some cd's somewhere and forgot about it. As I should.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:26 pm

i say it's pretty cool.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:30 pm

In reality, everytime I tried to play it, my record players arm wanted to automaticlly retract (as it thinks its at the end of a record).

Hip Pocket records do the same thing. Thise had a special player too didn't they? Like, under the dashboard of a car?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:58 pm

Didn't Estrus put out a couple of 3" records? I think Man or Astroman had one and maybe Supernova?

Just sold two White Stripes 7"s on ebay , $49 for one and $46 for the other. Don't like the band but love their stupid fans.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:05 pm

I got a Man Or AStro Man 5". Is that what you're thinking of? I think it's on SFTRI too. They also did a RFTC doing Music Machine songs.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:15 pm

I have a 3" record put out by The Vindictives in the 90's.

Ouch.

10"s (which are even dumber

10"s are sweet!

I've got a couple 5"s. They are a bitch to play. And I've got 3" CDs, but a 3" rekkid? Gadzooks!
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:20 pm

I got a Man Or AStro Man 5". Is that what you're thinking of? I think it's on SFTRI too. They also did a RFTC doing Music Machine songs.

You are correct sir. I need coffee.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:21 pm

Drink my coffee piss.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:36 pm

Depends , what kind of coffee did you have?
sorry , coffee piss snob.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:38 pm

The kind from the Mexican bakery. Eez good, holmes!
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:53 pm

What's so cool about a record that doesn't play? How's that rare coin collection doing, Jewca?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:56 pm

I was at my Phillipino friends' parents house the other day, and they had this little jar of coffee beans that had a picture on it of what looked like a rabid ferret or something, so I started reading the jar and it turns out it's coffee beans found in the shit of the crazy animal on the jar (a Phillipine civet). And the stuff is like $300/lb!
Check it out: http://www.ladylaila.net/blog/archives/000588.html

We're gonna grab some beans next time we're out there and make some.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:56 pm

What do you mean they don't play? Am i missing something? They're real records, right? The player plays 'em, right? You need to take some LSD and hang with the Jewca.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:58 pm

jack white created the jack white industry! what a marketing genius..
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:01 pm

wouldn't they play on one of those fisher-price record players?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:10 pm

I'm not buying a fisher price record player so I can play novelty White Stripes records. If it doesn't work on the average player, it's garbage to me.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:12 pm

Toys are fun, dipshit.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:12 pm

You need to take some LSD and hang with the Jewca.

I am totally down for this.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:17 pm

Is anybody still making the 3" CD's? I got a promo from a Coka-Cola 12 pack. I remember having a hard time playing it. You can only play it in the center spindle type of CD players.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:18 pm

Come on over with a tab for you and me! I got the Syndicate Of Sound "Little Girl" 3" Hip Pocket record. We'll play it backwards!
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:20 pm

You want my "Legends of Guitar" cardboard record I cut off the back of some granola bar box when I was a kid? It features Eddie, Crapton, and Hendrix, I think.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:21 pm

Yeah, my band made a 3" CD last year (before I was in it). They're pretty prevalent in the noise underground right now. I've never had a problem playing them. They hold a little over 20 minutes of music.

Is anybody still making the 3" CD's?

Come on over with a tab for you and me!

Wait, I goota supply? Man, I had some shit, but ate it earlier this summer and gave it to friends cuz I'm so fucking nice.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:25 pm

You want my "Legends of Guitar" cardboard record I cut off the back of some granola bar box when I was a kid? It features Eddie, Crapton, and Hendrix, I think.

Does it look funny?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:33 pm

I'm not buying a fisher price record player so I can play novelty White Stripes records. If it doesn't work on the average player, it's garbage to me.

I would re-think my options on that one. I mean, good luck trying to hear "Seven Nation Army" or "Fell In Love with a Girl"! Nearly impossible to track down! Now if you will excuse me, I have a check to write....
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:33 pm

Sorta funny. You can play "army" with it, or put it on your record player, or cut lines on the back of it.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:35 pm

I have nothing against the White Stripes, as I've made around $200 on ebay for 2 singles I never liked in the first place. I do, however, like the Dirtbombs/White Stripes Multiball single (both sides).
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:41 pm

Yeah, that is a great single and one of the best White Stripes songs.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:43 pm

it's hard to tell the size of those records, but they look like they may be at least 3" widthwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FISHER-PRICE-MUSIC-BOX-RECORD-PLAYER-995_W 0QQitemZ6003359134QQcategoryZ50306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohostin g
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:57 pm

I have nothing against the White Stripes, as I've made around $200 on ebay for 2 singles I never liked in the first place. I do, however, like the Dirtbombs/White Stripes Multiball single (both sides).

I was real bummed when i sold my copy and even more bummed when I couldn't offer it with the magazine cuz I couldn't find it. It is a great song and everytime I've dj'ed it somebody wanted to know what it was. I woulda kept mine but 16 has it too so I figured one was enough.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:57 pm

the record player is super sweet
fuck the white stripes
i could give a fuck what kind of marketing genius jack white is
i don't buy records based on how good a business man the artist is
the guy selling that shit on ebay should hold on to it a little longer
and the more famous the stripes get, the more valuable my italian hentchmen with jack on the cover gets.
then i can sell it and buy a house in mexico or something
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:59 pm

it's hard to tell the size of those records, but they look like they may be at least 3" widthwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FISHER-PRICE-MUSIC-BOX-RECORD-PLAYER-995_W 0QQitemZ6003359134QQcategoryZ50306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohostin g

I think that item actually functions like a music box. I was looking at those recently for some asshole who's gonna have a baby soon.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:59 pm

It is a great song and everytime I've dj'ed it somebody wanted to know what it was.

Which side?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:07 pm

The WS side. It's a very unique song.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:10 pm

Yeah, it's good stuff. The Dirtbombs song is one of my favorites of theirs, too. I thought about listing it on ebay, but it actually doesn't go for that much (or didn't) and I still play it occasionally. Plus, I can't find the mag, either.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:10 pm

I was looking at those recently for some asshole who's gonna have a baby soon.

congratulations bazooka! if it's a boy will you name him clubber?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:11 pm

Yeah, it is.

It's just whenever I play it people are always like "WTF?" and not usually in a good way. Guess I'm running with the wrong crowd.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:12 pm

i have the moa? 5" "postphonic star exploration" released in '94. it plays at 33 and a third. you can't play it on a regular automatic arm return player 'cause when i would attempt to set the needle down, it would trigger the end of record que
and shut off. i have to use a crappy old mono player w/o the return thing. i think i'll try to play it as i haven't heard it in years.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:18 pm

It's just whenever I play it people are always like "WTF?" and not usually in a good way. Guess I'm running with the wrong crowd.

I doubt it. I bet if you said, "it's the White Stripes" people would be saying, "oh it's really cool!"

I've played it and had someone love it, and when they asked what it was and heard the answer, they had to think about whether or not they still liked it. Fuck people, they make me sick.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:26 pm

Fuck people, indeed.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:28 pm

you never know trickknee, i sold that mag with 7" for $150 on ebay, late 2003 when WS fever was over the top
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:31 pm | Edited by: sixteene

i sold the flying bomb 7" for $275. i couldn't freakin' believe it.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:32 pm

yep!
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:33 pm

i sold the aussie tour single for $325. it was just a regular single with a different sleeve, too. stupid people make me happy.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:37 pm

sold upholsterers single for a little over $200 and then made a goner order.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:43 pm

Jesus Christ, can one of you guys buy me dinner? C'mon, Lane, I got you high.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 11:06 pm

i got that upolsters single too
kept that, the first single, and the first lp to be sold later
i also had megs boots in my closet for 6 months
wonder what those would be worth?!
thanks blackjack. all that bitchin and the white stripes wont come back to play the kraftbrau. i woulda at least bought you a growler
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 11:17 pm

Posted: Oct 4, 2005 11:18 pm

I sold this Hentch/Stripes Italy Records for a nice price a few weeks ago
first time i sold anything on Ebay (my step mother's account)
made out fairly well.
Posted: Oct 5, 2005 1:50 am

Shit, I'll have to dig for that mag! I do like that record, though, so I dunno.
Posted: Oct 5, 2005 5:51 pm

only till some dipshit rips it to mp3
Already been done.

Oh, and I saw a link where you could buy that little record player direct from Japan and save yourself some bucks.
Posted: Oct 5, 2005 6:16 pm

Oh, and I saw a link where you could buy that little record player direct from Japan and save yourself some bucks.

Post that shit!
Posted: Oct 5, 2005 6:25 pm

That's what I'm sayin'!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®