Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bill Bennett asserts that aborting black babies would reduce crime
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 7:27 am

A caller to Bill Bennett’s radio show argued that there would be more money available in Social Security if so many fetuses had not been aborted. Because the aborted fetuses would have grown up to become wage earners. These wage earners would have contributed to Social Security.

Bennett replied that this was not necessarily true. There is no way to know whether or not the aborted fetuses would, in fact, have grown up to be wage earners. However, one thing that Bennett does know is this: If you aborted every black fetus… no wait, I checked the quote. He said “black baby” in this country, then the crime rate would go down.

Bennett clarified that to abort all the black babies would, in fact, be “a ridiculous, impossible, AND reprehensible thing to do.”

But the crime rate would still go down.

Sep 30, 2005, 7:00 AM ET
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 7:58 am

What about the ensuing civil war that would result from such a policy? Seems like alot of crime and murder would be expected in that scenario.

It's a stupid argument. You know what might calm things down in the middle east? If we aborted all the jewish babys. You know what would turn China into a predominately homosexual country? Aborting all the female babys.

Just aborting the poor babys should do the trick.

Do you really think they'd leave all those nice, new prison cells empty if they had no black guys to stuff in them? Too much money in prisons in this great land of ours. Gotta keep Bob Barker stocked with skinny micrphones. White criminals might stop getting such a good deal.

fuck it, abort all the babys.
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 10:53 am

bradx
no way. dude.

Can you imagine having heard that live? Holy cow.

while it may not be politically correct, id say its a true statement. its obvious that its society's fault but i just enjoy being an asshole.
bradx

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&t o pic=9364
good one jack hole

bradx
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 6:05 pm

Yeah Brad you tell them how to be a message board master!!! Coming soon
a 3 part course hosted by brad on how to be a creative message board geek.
Get a life
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 6:12 pm

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Oct 2, 2005 8:04 am

I think he's misquoting a study that showed the relation between the drop in crime in the 90's and the Roe vs. Wade decision. abortion or lack of it and other forms of contraception have been a big factor in our crime rate... in other countries' crime rates too...that was just a badly distorted choice of words...but it's true...education, condoms, pills, magic spells, doing it in the voodoo position, and as a last resort abortion have all been effective in keeping crime rates low
Posted: Oct 2, 2005 9:49 am

the birth rate in countries like india far surpasses our own, so if we abort our babies to keep the crime rate down, who are going to populate our armies of the future when its the christians vs. the muslims???

Yah, except that India is predominantly Hindu (although they have a sizable Muslim pop.). The Christian vs. The Hindis is the next war, scheduled for 2013 but given how the first stage of the current one is going...the apokolips is more likely to make an appearance first...
Posted: Oct 3, 2005 12:05 am

left wing hogwash here, taken completely out of context. http://www.freakonomics.com/2005/09/bill-bennett-and-freakonomics.html
Posted: Oct 5, 2005 11:53 pm

if pat robertson ran for president again with bill bennett as his running mate i might actually get off the couch and vote for them
Posted: Oct 6, 2005 12:22 am

CALLER: I noticed the national media, you know, they talk a lot about the loss of revenue, or the inability of the government to fund Social Security, and I was curious, and I've read articles in recent months here, that the abortions that have happened since Roe v. Wade, the lost revenue from the people who have been aborted in the last 30-something years, could fund Social Security as we know it today. And the media just doesn't -- never touches this at all.

BENNETT: Assuming they're all productive citizens?

CALLER: Assuming that they are. Even if only a portion of them were, it would be an enormous amount of revenue.

BENNETT: Maybe, maybe, but we don't know what the costs would be, too. I think as -- abortion disproportionately occur among single women? No.

CALLER: I don't know the exact statistics, but quite a bit are, yeah.

BENNETT: All right, well, I mean, I just don't know. I would not argue for the pro-life position based on this, because you don't know. I mean, it cuts both -- you know, one of the arguments in this book Freakonomics that they make is that the declining crime rate, you know, they deal with this hypothesis, that one of the reasons crime is down is that abortion is up. Well --

CALLER: Well, I don't think that statistic is accurate.

BENNETT: Well, I don't think it is either, I don't think it is either, because first of all, there is just too much that you don't know. But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky.CALLER: I noticed the national media, you know, they talk a lot about the loss of revenue, or the inability of the government to fund Social Security, and I was curious, and I've read articles in recent months here, that the abortions that have happened since Roe v. Wade, the lost revenue from the people who have been aborted in the last 30-something years, could fund Social Security as we know it today. And the media just doesn't -- never touches this at all.

BENNETT: Assuming they're all productive citizens?

CALLER: Assuming that they are. Even if only a portion of them were, it would be an enormous amount of revenue.

BENNETT: Maybe, maybe, but we don't know what the costs would be, too. I think as -- abortion disproportionately occur among single women? No.

CALLER: I don't know the exact statistics, but quite a bit are, yeah.

BENNETT: All right, well, I mean, I just don't know. I would not argue for the pro-life position based on this, because you don't know. I mean, it cuts both -- you know, one of the arguments in this book Freakonomics that they make is that the declining crime rate, you know, they deal with this hypothesis, that one of the reasons crime is down is that abortion is up. Well --

CALLER: Well, I don't think that statistic is accurate.

BENNETT: Well, I don't think it is either, I don't think it is either, because first of all, there is just too much that you don't know. But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky.
Posted: Oct 6, 2005 12:55 am

Message Board Etiquette 101
By: Brad X
Posted: Oct 6, 2005 7:25 am

From the above link junior supplied

2) Race is not an important part of the abortion-crime argument that John Donohue and I have made in academic papers and that Dubner and I discuss in Freakonomics.

So one of the dudes who wrote Freakonomics, the book Bill Bennett is supposedly referencing, posts that he and his writing partner don't think that race is important when abortion and crime are brought up. Bennett also asserts that it would be horrible to abort black babies, but the crime rate would go down. That's not out of context.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®