Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Favorite brand bbq sauce?
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 4:38 am

My shout-out goes to Jack Daniels Spicy Western Chargrill. I eat a lot of chicken so I have 4-5 other brands of bbq in the cupboard 'cuz I get sick of things after awhile. That Jack though is my favorite. It's a wonderful spicy flavor just the way I think a bbq sauce should taste.
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 4:50 am

Posted: Oct 1, 2005 5:50 am

my mother's receipie that she gave me. Added garlic and more pepper to it! zing!
It really clings to the dish and your fingers.
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 11:11 am

SWEET BABY RAY'S

I have a bottle of that. Pretty fucking good! I always adda dash of this dollar-store hot sauce to the bbq sauce to give it some spicyness. Yum!
Posted: Oct 1, 2005 2:28 pm

Posted: Oct 1, 2005 11:50 pm

i have my own recipe in which i add different things depending upon the mood. at times, i had pineapple juice, other times real maple syrup (not the mrs. butterworth shit), and at times i add chipotle hot sauce (i practically abuse the shit out of this stuff. good in almost anything...). if i am looking for an easy way out and not having to make it from scratch, i grab a bottle of the corky's stuff and doctor it up a bit.
Posted: Oct 2, 2005 4:36 am

I second the Sweet Baby Rays. For a bottled sauce, it is really pretty good!
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:10 am

Stubbs.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 3:05 pm | Edited by: Windy

Head Country, then doctor it up a little
http://www.headcountry.com/
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 4:03 pm

Head Country, then doctor it up a little

It's true- Head Country is great. A little on the sweet side, but damn tasty. It's funny that this is an okie product, because with the exeption of what comes out of my backyard, there is no great BBQ in Oklahoma.

Pick up a copy of Mike Mills' (not of REM) "Peace, Love, & BBQ" a great read filled with killer recipes for sauces, sides, meats, even desserts.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:13 pm

piggy park mustard sauce.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:20 pm

I third the Sweet Baby Ray's. Douse some ribs in that shit pre-grilling & add some minced garlic, shewweeeee!!
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 5:29 pm

Salt Lick BBQ is the sauce of GODS.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 6:22 pm

Dancing Pigs
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:43 pm

Gotta go with the Sweet Baby Ray's. I heard it's regional and you can't get it down too far south. Is that the case?
There's a barbecue sauce/rib joint around here called Bone Daddy's. They say they have the "bone sucking sauce" and that makes me laugh.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:47 pm | Edited by: tim

you can get sweet baby ray's at all of the big grocery stores in atlanta.
good stuff and usually cheaper than the bigger brands.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 7:52 pm

I like Sweet Baby Ray's a whole lot. I like to put a dab on my finger for a taste treat.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:07 pm

i wonder if they have it in memphis...
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:12 pm

my favorite store-bought locals are Dancin' Pigs HOT (the BBQ Shop's brand, reasonably close to Cozy Corner's taste if you kinda forget how good Cozy Corner's sauce tastes) and (shame) Corky's HOT (pretty damn hot).

not that i've tried a whole lot of 'em...
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:20 pm

lunchamondo,

There used to be a place in OKC called, Fat's bbq, and it was amazing, also if you drive through Edmond to Guthrie there is amobile home converted to small BBQ restaurant. two tables inside, one table outside, and it was worthwhile. But, I haven't been to either of those in about 7 years, odn't know if they're still around.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:41 pm

Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:52 pm | Edited by: Windy

http://www.bbqpages.com/sauce_rub.html

here's a few more ideas. bray, er oink?
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:09 pm

One half Charlie Robinson, one half of the Vidala onion sauce I mastered this week and a couple of dashes of Valentina or Louisiana Hot sauce.

Sweet Baby Ray's is decent but seems to be a bit overboard on the molasess.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:38 pm

BRAY!@!

seeeee....whadddapurdycolor...
mmmmm...especially with the blackened end pieces....
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:29 pm

sweet baby ray's tastes a lot like mcdonald's bbq sauce. or vice versa. but it's true.
Posted: Oct 4, 2005 10:36 pm

perfect for when you're grilling up mcribs in the backyard!
Posted: Oct 5, 2005 2:21 am

I like McRibs™
Posted: Oct 6, 2005 5:00 pm

Posted: Oct 6, 2005 5:18 pm

Dancing Pigs!!!!
Posted: Oct 6, 2005 5:21 pm

here used to be a place in OKC called, Fat's bbq, and it was amazing, also if you drive through Edmond to Guthrie there is amobile home converted to small BBQ restaurant. two tables inside, one table outside, and it was worthwhile. But, I haven't been to either of those in about 7 years, odn't know if they're still around.

I think they're both gone now. There are a few decent places around, my 2 years in memphis just spoiled me for life.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 7:50 am

Just bought this today and it's the best-ever that I've ever had ever. The name of it is Trader Joe's All Natural Barbecue Sauce. A friend told me that that it's a seasonal item so sometimes you can get it sometimes you can't. It is super good though, smokey sweet with just the right amount of kick. Best bbq sauce I've ever had. That's for sure. Pick some up if you have a Trader Joes close by. I guarantee you'll think it's the best you've ever had ever.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 5:57 pm

Do you work for TJ's?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®