Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / sandwiches
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:22 pm

me and wabash trash were talking about good sandwiches over the weekend and i want some more sandwich ideas.

today i had cajun turkey with baby spinach, bread and butter pickles, a slice of cheddar, and spicy brown mustard. also good is green olives instead of bread and butter pickles and creole mustard instead of brown.

i want a sandwich that's good with horseradish.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:24 pm

oh yea, my sandwich was made with gold medal 12 grain bread. $1/loaf at kroger.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:26 pm

sandwiches...this is right up my alley. If you're talkin horseradish, I've always gone roast beef and horseradish, with melted mozzarella. A personal favorite is roasted turkey and provolone with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and spicy mustard, with sweet peppers on a potato roll. talk like this is enough to give me a hard-on.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:35 pm

There is an amazing italian deli across the street from my house that will make you a sandwich (on a small or large portugese roll, focaccia, or baguette) with any kind of deli meat (roast beef, fresh roasted turkey or turkey slices, roast or black forest or honey ham, multiple types of salami, prosciutto, capicollo, etc), cheese (edam, havarti, mozzarella, cheddar, etc), any of the regular veggie fixings, plus a selection of pickled goodies such as olives, eggplant, and peppers, for under $5. They've also got pesto, basil mayo, olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette, dijon, horseradish... pretty much anything you could ever dream of. THEN they ask you if you want it grilled!!!

Sandwiches... the perfect food (especially if you count burgers!). My favourite "classic" sandwiches are reubens and clubhouses, and sometimes I like a BLT for breakfast. Hard-on, indeed.
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 11:44 pm | Edited by: johnny guitar

Posted: Sep 28, 2005 12:02 am

I did have an AMAZING vegan meatball/parm sandwich delivered from Food Swings here in SOHO. I can't believe you can actually PURCHASE food & have it delivered for under $200 dollars! What a concept!

Buy my perfume!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 1:53 am

what's baby swiss cheese?
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 5:45 pm

i'm telling you, eat this: sliced bananna with mayo on white bread. wash down with cheerwine.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Make all your burgers with English muffins instaed of reg. buns.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm

No shit! The english muffin thing is a recent discovery of mine. This place in Portland makes the best burger I've ever eaten- premium ground beef, grilled onions, aioli, and applewood-smoked bacon, all on an english muffin. It's so fucking simple, and so fucking good.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 5:58 pm

Greatest sanwich-livener:

1 half-used jar of mayo
1 small jar of chopped chillies, from Thai/Chinese store

Mix! Spread thick on cheese, meat, veg, or your own arm!

EAT! IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 6:31 pm

mmm i just had an english muffin sandwich thing the other day...smoked turkey...smoked gouda...and a little bit of bbq sauce...on a toasted english muffin. shit was hella good.

i've been digging on these peanut butter and apple jelly with granny smith apple slices on wheatberry bread that i've been grabbing up from the cafeteria place at school. shit is good.

i make this amazing tarragon chicken salad sandwich that is pretty freakin' good too...grilled bread, cucumber shreds. good stuff.

and arman...do you have cheerwine around where you are? i want some!!!!! (i was drinking one when me and my friends knocked over the goalpost at mtsu one year...hahah.)
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 6:44 pm

Peanut butter and apple butter on wheat....simple pleasures.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 7:14 pm | Edited by: Mr E Action

Roast beef and swiss...nothin fancy but the best sandwich of all time.

The best sandwich I had was at this Italian place....roast chicken, spinach, mushrooms, mozarella and feta cheese on garlic bread....man that shit was fucking amazing.

Condiments suck.

Steve A needs to throw his 2 cents in soon.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 8:33 pm

do you have cheerwine around where you are? i want some

HELL NO! i have to go back to SC and pick some up or order it online.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 8:36 pm

This is a bit fancy but this cafe in the antique mall on Central used to have these insanely great brie, Braeburn apples and strawberry preserves toasted sandwiches. I can't remember what sort of bread they were on. Does anyone else remember this place and what sort of bread they used???
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 9:32 pm

2 - stone ground wheat bread slices
1 - large banana
a bunch of crunchy peanut butter

put gobs of pb on each slice
evenly distribute banana slices over both slices of bread
Presto! 2 somewhat healthy open-faced pb and banana sandwiches

serve 1 open-faced sandwich with a protein shake for a good quick meal for athletes or serve both sandwiches for an appetizer for fat asses
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 9:52 pm

Gourmet suggests mushing up the bananas to make a banana spread. I am trying it next PB & Banana.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 9:57 pm

one of my favorite sammys: a (fresh out of my dad's garden) beefsteak tomato (warm from the sun, NOT refrigerated. that's tomato blasphemy!) sliced & put on toasted white bread with lots of mayo & salt & pepper.

Sounds boring but a fresh garden tomato sandwich is transcendent. well for me at least.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 10:04 pm

I'll UNTOAST the bread, change it to sourdough and roger that with a slice of meunster!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 10:04 pm

And add half an avocado.
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 10:06 pm

I know what you mean. Sometimes I get Pedro to step and fetch some amazing tomatos from the Union SQ. farmers market. I would love to go myself, but they refuse to close it to the public for ANYONE! I am currently getting there board of trustees band from Daniel's as I speak for their rude, inconsiderate action. Tomatos are good tho...

Buy my perfume!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 10:07 pm

that's " banned" ! Sorry!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 10:28 pm

Bacon and grape jelly on toast. Best ever.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 12:49 am

this thread inspired me to go get some english muffins to use instead of regular bread for my sandwiches this week. :) got some smoked mozzarella and some turkey and tomatoes too. ooooh yeah.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 6:07 am

Ok, maserati, here's 3 tasty sammiches:

1: Meliz w/ Turkey.
I dunno why it's called that. I used to get it at a sandwich shop in Chicago. Here's what it is-Hard roll or Bagel with Cream Cheese, Turkey, Pesto Sauce and Sun-dried Tomatoes. Fucking great.

2: North Jersey Sloppy Joe.
Completely different than the rest of America's loose meat sloppy Joe, it's cold and has no beef. It's a double-decker, 3 slices of rye. Ingredients: Cole Slaw, Thousand Island, Ham, Turkey, Swiss Cheese, Rye Bread and Sweet Gherkin Pickles. Ya slather a lotta Cole Slaw on a slice of rye, put a good amount of ham and two slices of swiss, then, put thousand island on the underside of a slice of rye and put that on top. ON TOP of THAT slice of rye, more cole slaw, then turkey, 2 more slices of swiss, put thousand island on the underside of ANOTHER slice of rye, and put it on top. Now yer lookin at a big double decker sammich, reminiscent of a "club." Cut it in 3 parts, like triangles. Put a gherkin on top of each and put a toothpick through the gherkin and all the layers, to hold it together. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour to soak. That's a fucking sandwich.

3: Kim Chee Turkey/Roast Beef and Cheddar...
This is a Korean American sandwich and it fucking rules. Ya gotta get Kim Chee first, which is easy enough if you have a local Korean Deli. On a hero, put a good amount of Turkey OR Roast Beef, some Cheddar and a decent amount of Kim Chee. Slather on some Russian dressing, and if ya want it extra spicey, hot sauce. Put it in the toaster oven on medium.

Here's some things to add to tuna to make a great tuna salad sandwich:
wasabi and/or horseradish, curry, "Rooster" Vietnamese hot sauce, ginger, kim chee(cut in small pieces), basil, whole fresh dill pickles.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 3:20 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

this thread inspired me to go get some english muffins to use instead of regular bread for my sandwiches this week. :) got some smoked mozzarella and some turkey and tomatoes too. ooooh yeah.

Actually, you need a bagel for your turkey sammies.

See THE MELIZ above.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Here's some things to add to tuna to make a great tuna salad sandwich:
wasabi and/or horseradish, curry, "Rooster" Vietnamese hot sauce, ginger, kim chee(cut in small pieces), basil, whole fresh dill pickles.

I talked to Sarah about this the other day. I told her that maybe some chinese 5 spice might be nice. I ain't tried it yet, so don't blame me if it ain't no good.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 3:43 pm

I think if your gonna use the chinese 5 spice, it would be best to use it in a marinade on raw tuna, then grill it, and then make the tuna salad.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 3:58 pm

buk buk buk buk buk
BUK BUK! BUK BUK!

buk buk buk buk buk
BUK BUK! BUK BUK!

buk buk buk buk buk
BUK BUK! BUK BUK!
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 9:49 pm

Sawdust and fart on two napkins.
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 10:01 pm

Joe,

Where in Portland is this dream burger created?
Posted: Sep 29, 2005 10:36 pm

Ice cream sandwich, just ate one.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®