Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / punk rock situations
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 5:48 am

check out what these skaters in cali are doing w/ this skatepark:

http://bordertownskatepark.org/

click on news coverage and watch the videos
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:09 am

that place is fucking great. currently on lockdown...i don't know, people are sounding optomistic that it's going to stay open, but when cal trans first found out it was there it sounded like they were gonna shut it down for sure.
the whole situation is very similar to burnside...all the local businesses/homeowners think it's great and are trying to help.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 7:24 am

There's a skatepark under the freeway in Battle Creek, Michigan. It's been there for years, and the city even permits grafitti down there...It was built by a cop who thought the kids needed something like that. It's a pretty cool spot.
Posted: Sep 26, 2005 4:01 pm

That park was built by Canderson's krazy cuzzin Sloppy Josh!
Posted: Sep 27, 2005 9:18 pm

Don't know how the story goes, but apparently Austin was working on the same kind of endeavor and (I think) the City was all cool about it and donating (I think) the cement and shit (??). They had a couple benefits and many people were very excited about it. Then one day when the builders showed up, it had been bulldozed.

Damn kids having fun. You KNOW thatís not allowed!
Posted: Sep 28, 2005 1:55 pm

Jesus Sherry, we played a benefit for that thing. So NOTHING came of it?

WTF?
Posted: Oct 2, 2005 6:01 pm

"umm, it feels like somebody ripped the heart outta my chest and set it on fire , then crushed it..."

ha ha ha ha ha, ....classic.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®