Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Indian Mounds...
Posted: Sep 19, 2005 4:02 am

Hey, Indiana folks....

There's a really cool state park, several miles North up the interstate from Indianapolis that's got a huge, circle, indian mound and a few other burial mounds. Anybody know the name of the park? Went up there once. It was really neat, actually.
Posted: Sep 19, 2005 4:42 pm

Posted: Sep 19, 2005 4:47 pm

Thanks, Donkey. I looked at Angel Mouds, too, but I'm not sure that one's it.

I seem to remember circular mound in this place was in a bunch of woods (which could totally be the case with Angel Mounds now), with a diameter of about 50 yards(?); the rim was about 5 feet off the ground, maybe 10 feet wide. Dunno...
Posted: Sep 19, 2005 4:55 pm

Posted: Sep 19, 2005 5:00 pm

That's the one!

The circle mound at the bottom of the map is the one I was talking about...
http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/maps/mounds_trail.pdf

Thanks, Donkey!
Posted: Sep 19, 2005 9:24 pm

almond joy has nuts...indian mounds don't!
Posted: Sep 19, 2005 9:29 pm

Hey Jack , you still coming up this way or did I make it up? If you hit Louisville let me know.
Posted: Sep 19, 2005 10:38 pm

Nah, We're West Virginia bound first weekend of October. We still plan on hitting Louisville again soon. Need to go see Gordon and his wife. He's gonna flip when he hears all the stuff I've got for him. When we do I'll holler at you then, and we should get a beer or two.

Hey, what's the name of the crazy restaurant with weird statues of horses and nutty lamps all over the place, and I want to say there was a giant Gumby or something....? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Posted: Sep 20, 2005 2:48 pm

Lynn's Paradise Cafe? Was it near the Highlands? A beer or two for sure, just let me know.
Posted: Sep 20, 2005 4:45 pm

That could be it. In the Highlands, yes. My boy ate a big, late breakfast there, got high on chocolate milk, and threw it all up in the parking lot. I was just thinking about that place the other day.

I really like y'alls town. If I didn't need to stay in Memphis, I'd move there next.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®