Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / bands that are worse than Air Supply.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:34 am

is there such a thing..?

England Dan and John Ford whats his face..
Sawyer Brown
Seals n Croft
Zebra......?????

drop a bomb on me folks...!!
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:42 am

Yes. Dennis DeYoung.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:47 am

Hold Music (i.e. Telephone).

Some are Yanni(?), some are Weather Channel music, circa 1992.

Rarely, others are something crazy.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 8:55 am

Hall & Oates
Dog Star
shit like that is at least equal in it's shittiness
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 10:06 am

The White Stripes, Journey, Jon Spencer Bum Explosion, Dan Fogelberg & The Cock-Knockers, Primal Scream, Coldplay, Starsailor ... The list goes on ...
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 11:11 am

Come on man....Zebra rules! and HALL & OATES are no stinkers either.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 1:06 pm

air supply and hall & oates are ok by me
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 1:14 pm

Christopher Cross
Any band on my label
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:00 pm

When I was like 4 years old my parents stayed in a hotel in Cleveland and Air Supply was staying there. I guess they humored me by playing pool with me and let me hang out around them. And this was at the top of their game!

I know, you're all jealous...
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:10 pm

While there are many awesomely awful 70's bands- think of some other eras- Asia, for example- true crap from the 80's. And, of course, today.
John Mayer is disgusting. Jack Johnson blows heartily.
Though it is hard to think of Christopher Cross hitting the charts in this video era.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:10 pm

when did "all out of love" become not cool? that is a world i can not bare to live in.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:14 pm

I was in a thrift store a few weeks ago looking at tapes and this lady and her kid come lookin' at the 'em amd the lady notices Air Supply and she goes "oh, now I know where to go to replace your aunt's Air Supply tapes". Then she sees a Loverboy tape and shows her daughter and he daughter says "yeah, I saw that. It sounds gay."
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:17 pm

Hall & Oates are hilarious! There's no way the White Stripes are as bad as Air Supply - hope you're joking there. How about Hatebreed?
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:18 pm

Loverboy is also hilarious.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:25 pm

Jack Johnson
I keep hearing this guy's name. Dunno who he is. I always get his name confused with Daniel Johnston who I like. I saw John Mayer on TV talking about how he doesn't go all the way with girls, he just makes out with them. That guy's stupidly stupid if he's selling a millions of records and not banging at least several hot babes every night. Fuck, send 'em my way would you, John Mayer? YOU PUSSY!!!
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:36 pm

emerson lake and palmer, kansas, dig.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:43 pm

I always find New Kids on the Block and Madonna tapes. Neil Diamond too. I've never really heard Neil Diamond though. Is he alright? Let's not forget shit like Poison, Whitesnake, White Lion, Skid Row, Motely Crue, Celine Dion, Kenny G, Gloria Estefan, Barbara Streisand, Phil Collins.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:50 pm

Peter Cetera era Chicago
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 2:52 pm

christopher cross? also like that guy. all right is a smooth song. am i the only yacht rock fan around here? leave loggins & messina out of this
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 3:48 pm

I think the White Stripes are as bad as Led Zep, so shoot that poison arrow throught my heart! (Snigger, blows raspberry, in v.v. childish fashion)

Unfortunate/happy news on the 'Dan Fogelberg turned me into a pussy' front ... Barney Hoskyns, who's penned a great book on Southern Soul, and a real good one on mid-60s LA, has just finished a tome on (yikes, it pains me to tell ya) early 1970s AOR singer-songwriter bollocks from LA!!!! Aaaargh, just what the world needs, another examination of Jackson Browne and co.'s coke habits/love lives/soulfulness/relationship with David Geffen/charitable works ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007177046/qid=1126277282/sr= 8-7/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i7_xgl/202-0349442-4764638

I think I'm gonna be sick ...
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 4:59 pm

Peter Cetera era Chicago

Did he ever leave the band?

And if he did, is his replacement that much better?

What was the name of the guitar player who died? Terry Kath?
Shame he couldn't work a gun like he could a wah pedal.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:00 pm | Edited by: Agony Bag

Haircuts! debut two-song 7" on Sack o' Shit records. Two songs that add to this country's long tradition of disgust and disappointment.

$5ppd each. Only 300 copies, every sleeve is different except for one thing, they are all covered in slimy human hair.

paypal = ryan@pukeandexplode.com

Cuntpuppet debut 7" and Italian band, the Bad News also out now.
Zzzzzzzz........seriously.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:02 pm

michael bolton
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:19 pm

Shame he couldn't work a gun like he could a wah pedal.

it's sad that reading this sentence is probably the high point of my day. but it gave me a good schadenfreude giggle.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:22 pm

Gerry Rafferty perhaps.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:31 pm

<i>Peter Cetera era Chicago

Did he ever leave the band? </i>

ah, i guess my Chicago history is lacking - but i dont mind early 70's chicago (25or6to4 era) but the early 80's 'hard to say i'm sorry' - 'you're the inspiration' - 'hard habit to break' era is perhaps worse than air supply

peter cetera did leave to pursue his solo career to do splenderous things like the Karate Kid II soundtrack and a duet with Amy Grant
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:37 pm

Peter Cetera era Chicago

Did he ever leave the band?

And if he did, is his replacement that much better?

I HATE that I know this: Peter Cetera's replacement is a guy who's dad played w/ Elvis. Thankfully... I do not remember the guy's name, although you all probably want to know now. I think the guy's name is Jason? It starts with a J.... is his dad Jerry Scheff? Yep, he might as well be Cetera - sounds just like him. I know this because I had to interview them for VH1. I want to purge that knowledge from my brain
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:37 pm

How's about I just chop your head off?
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:39 pm

wait til monday
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:51 pm

Watching Kenny G & Michael Bolton perform together- incredibly bad.
Kenny blows a bunch of busy shit on the soprano and its like a multi-colored turd presented on a classy silver tray.
Ouch.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 6:45 pm

Bread.
Orleans
Alan Parsons Project
James Taylor - not technically a band but i'll bury that motherfucker in a coppermine
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 6:49 pm

Neil Diamond too. I've never really heard Neil Diamond though. Is he alright?
Neil Diamond rules! Especially his 60's-mid 70's stuff. He's the Jewish Elvis! The song "The Boat That I Row" is one of the greatest songs of all time. I saw him live "in the round" in 1993. One of the best shows I've ever seen. When they dropped Old Glory down in the middle of "Coming to America" there wasn't a dry seat in the place. His concerts are a great place to go scope out chicks your mom's age.

2 bands worse than Air Supply: Starship and Good Charlotte
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:15 pm

i've always had it in for jackson brown.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:21 pm

"I am a knight who will fight for your honour..." is that Peter Cetera? If it is, then that guy's great.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:22 pm

REO Speedwagon...
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:26 pm

supertramp also. how can people like that guys voice? makes my skin crawl.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 7:52 pm

"I am a knight who will fight for your honour..."

A friend of mine just proposed to his girlfriend by playing that song and walking out to greet her in a full suit of armor right as he sings that line. Cheesiest thing ever, but completely unforgettable, I guess. Even better, she was two hours late getting home so he was laying on the floor sweating in front of the AC.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 8:21 pm

Karate Kid Pt. 2, Danielson goes to Japan and tastes the local flavour. 3rd Greatest Ralph Macchio movie of all time.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 8:31 pm

He goes to Okinawa and catches yellow fever.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 8:36 pm

Led Zep and the White Stripes are worse than Air Supply? Duh!
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 8:49 pm

i'm all out of love.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 9:04 pm

3rd Greatest Ralph Macchio movie of all time

Up The Academy is by far number one on that list.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 10:40 pm

ah, i guess my Chicago history is lacking - but i dont mind early 70's chicago (25or6to4 era) but the early 80's 'hard to say i'm sorry' - 'you're the inspiration' - 'hard habit to break' era is perhaps worse than air supply

I wholeheartedly agree with this. In my formative years this is all my parents played and it was fuckin terrible. Because of that, I'm either gonna end up a serial killer or peter cetera enthusiast.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 10:51 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Jon Spencer Bum Explosion

Heresy! I wish I could argue the point, but you're right!

I vote Point Blank, Rossington Collins Band, Atlanta Rythm Section and second Sawyer Brown.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 11:06 pm

i was thinking 'outsiders' and 'kk pt.1' i completely forgot about 'up the academy,' 'teachers,'and 'crossroads.' christ, lightening boy martone battling for souls.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 11:41 pm

supertramp

And they were also HUGE in the late 70's too, absolutely gigantic. They started out as a super strange prog band (that a few on here might actually like) supported by a Dutch benefactor, but created a pop-prog cash cow when he pulled his funding after their second recording.
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 11:51 pm

Alan Parsons Project
" dont answer me.. pick up your garbage and throw it away..." i remember that video. Kinda like a comic book... sucked.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 12:34 am

Supertramp was still kinda weird around the time of the Crime of the Century LP, which does have some gosh-darned catchy tunes on it. The voice is definitely an acquired taste, though.

But I don't own this record anymore. Really. Honest.

Yep, I'm old enough to remember rock before there was punk...I mean, all we had were Bowie, Roxy, and Eno. Although we did have Iggy, too. I had Lust for Life and the Idiot but wasn't hip to the Stooges yet.

I'm gonna have to go with England Dan and John Ford Coley. It just doesn't get much worse than that.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 1:05 am

Mannheim Steamroller
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 1:38 am

jethro tull, worst music ever.
loverboy, 2nd.
my cousin vinny, best ralph macchio movie.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 1:48 am

jethro tull, worst music ever.

That is very funny!
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 1:49 am

Mannheim Steamroller

That too!
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 2:08 am

I found out last weekend that Grand Funk Railroad is worse than Air Supply. I swear I never even heard 'em before that I know of but got some 69-71 double lp and boy is it bad!
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 4:23 am

Bryan Adams. Bill Cosby.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 4:24 am

Bryan Adams. Bill Cosby.
singer/comedian.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 7:13 am

Hall & Oates
Journey,
Asia
White Lion
Motely Crue
Led Zep

wrong,wrong,wrong,wrong,wrong, and wrong.
now, let's see...
Micheal McDonald
Jason Mraz
Any new Santana+Douchebag
E'nuff Z'nuff
Bulletboys
Moody Blues(esp. newer stuff)
any newer west-coast white boy blues a la Tommy Castro
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 8:19 am

Don't say Britney Spears. She's my hero.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 7:32 pm

The kids (well not kids but some dudes in their early-mid 20's) must've just discovered STYX cuz they've been playing it loud and repeatly all morning. I think they're the kings of shitty rock though. The had a KORN tapestry hanging from their porch all summer. I don't know how you go from Korn then backtrack to Styx unless you are striving to have the WORST taste in music ever...
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 7:42 pm | Edited by: dale

The kids that live on the corner is who I'm talking about. One of my cousins hangs out with them..He just stopped by so see if I wanted to smoke a doobie with them. I said "Not if you're listening to Styx." My cousin said "I brought the Seether CD this morning. I can have them play that."

Good thing I got my own grass. I'm going to the basement and gonna start a game of Stereo Wars!
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 7:48 pm

Styx is Horrible. Thompson Twins should have been run over by something, too. And Spandeau Ballet...
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 7:53 pm

"Come sail away with me....LAAAADS!"
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 8:11 pm

Europe is pretty fly.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 9:36 pm

David Hasselhof - Looking for freedom........God I hate that fuckin song so very very much
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 1:41 am

Bill Cosby??? That stuff he did with Quincy Jones kicks ass. Check yo'self.

Santana sucks so bad now it hurts me. Dude was on the football game with Michelle Branch the other night, and some douchebag in sweatpants was singing Rob Thomas's vocal part on that one crappy song.

I've actually heard some old Spandau Ballet that is pretty good, almost like a blacker Gang of Four.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 1:57 am

the eagles, boston, toto, and I totally agree with styx, musical barf.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 1:58 am

I've actually heard some old Spandau Ballet that is pretty good, almost like a blacker Gang of Four.

when Tony Hadley started wearing the gold lame toreador outfit, it was a clear sign that he should have been prevented from creating music any further
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 4:47 am

there was some band on the craig scottish guy (???? opposite Conan) show the other night who qualified as THE WORST BAND I HAVE EVER SEEN/HEARD.

some lame "i'm leaning backwards and pretending to march frantically" dancing, some "i'm gonna sing falsetto even though i can't hit any notes" singing, some lame choppy "modern" rock. was it the bravery? was it someone who wants to be the bravery? i don't know and don't care except that i want to be able to know who it is that sucks.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 7:59 am

I HEART JETHRO TULL stickers availabble soon. (69-74) thats where the love stops.

Songs from the Wood,, WHOOO wee...thats a party stopper right there!!!

Tull is great for killing parties tho...!! no someone you dont like, and your at their party..?? slip on a little Tull. Its kinda like cheap cologne.

" TULL.. for men.." aux du toilette.

Tull rocks my mind.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 3:33 pm

Led Zep is a bad band? what!? and some of y'all call yourself rockers...if the sound of John Bonham's drums doesnt make your heart happy, then you are a cold cold rock hatin' nincumpoop.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 4:48 pm

Led Zep aren't terrible, but they're not good either...a handful of good songs...good drummer

Robert Plant is one of the worst singers in rock history plus they stole so many songs it's fucking ridiculous
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 5:06 pm

Robert Plant is one of the worst singers in rock history

Total. And what about that Jimmy Page guy? He knows lots of notes.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 7:05 pm

I am an unabashed lover of bad MOR rock pop of all stripes, but I can honestly say I hate all Eagles songs.

I read in last weeks NY Times that they played a Journey song on the last episode of last season's Laguna Beach and now Journey's Greatest Hits CD is FLYING off the shelves.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 7:09 pm

There's some new cover of "Dont Stop Believing" by a female vocalist. I have no idea who it is, but I hear it all the time in stores that play MOR radio. It annoys me to this day - the lyric, "Born & raised in South Detroit." There is NO neighborhood called "South Detroit" goddammit. East Side West Side. period. Canada is south of Detroit.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 8:31 pm

I am an unabashed lover of bad MOR rock pop of all stripes, but I can honestly say I hate all Eagles songs.

What about the Registrators's cover of "Hotel California"
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Never heard it, but the original is nausea-inducing...
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 9:16 pm

East Side West Side. period
South West! whoot whoot!
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 1:45 am

Has anyone said Green Day yet?

"Boulevard of broken dreams" -- it's like Shakespeare ...
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 6:11 am

it still cracks me up y'all hate on Led Zep...y'all are too cool for school. dont be afraid of rock music, it loves you.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:53 am

I can play guitar better than Jimmy Page.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 12:41 pm

"i'm leaning backwards and pretending to march frantically" dancing

i'm gonna try that the next time I go out.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 6:38 pm

maybe, but I doubt you could write as many tough and catchy riffs as him, but it is good you dont lack confidence..keep thinking that and perhaps people will still listen to your records in 30 years....
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 6:56 pm

maybe, but I doubt you could write as many tough and catchy riffs as him, but it is good you dont lack confidence..keep thinking that and perhaps people will still listen to your records in 30 years....

DUTCH ZEPPELIN! OOOUUUGGHHH!!!! YEAHHHHH!
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 7:03 pm

some lame "i'm leaning backwards and pretending to march frantically" dancing, some "i'm gonna sing falsetto even though i can't hit any notes" singing, some lame choppy "modern" rock. was it the bravery? was it someone who wants to be the bravery? i don't know and don't care except that i want to be able to know who it is that sucks.

I saw a picture of this band on the weekend. There was stupid black emo hair guy, pompadour guy, spiky hair guy, sensitive shaggy indie rocker guy, fancy ian curtis wannabe guy, and then some other guy(s). I think there were six in total, and I kept imagining a stylist tapping each one on the shoulder with a blowdryer saying, "I dub thee new wave-abilly, I dub thee 'punk rocker'"...etc. They were wearing a lot of makeup.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Is that the band that does the video where they're standing on the bows of speedboats and sounding like a more goth Duran Duran? I thought it was the Killers the first time I saw it.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:05 pm

SO, who is it?!?!?!?!!?
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:07 pm

I don't know, but I just heard the band eric mentions before, "The Bravery". They should get an award for suckiest 80's wannabes.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:12 pm

Yep, the Bravery...that's who I was talking about...What a bunch of fags.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:14 pm

What a bunch of fags.

The Bravery-not you guys...
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:17 pm

some lame "i'm leaning backwards and pretending to march frantically" dancing

the dancing was so retarded it was painful to watch. yet it was the best part of their entire schtick, better than the lyrics, better than the tune, and better than the execution. the amount of eyeliner was amusing however.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:31 pm

Remember when Sergio Mendes did "Never Gonna Let You Go?"

That must have been a shitty day for Brazil.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Anyone know where to get a video online of their shennanigans? I need a good laugh.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:52 pm

I can steal tough and catchy riffs just as good as Jimmy Page did.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:53 pm

The trick is to play them on 5-10 guitars on different tracks, so that you will never be able to reproduce it live.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:02 pm

Foreigner is up there somewhere.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:06 pm

One of the funniest things I ever heard was listening one time to an interview with Michael Bolten in which he claimed that his biggest influence was Otis Redding. I almost died laughing.
I know he was only talking about vocal technique or whatever, but how can one have been strongly influenced by something yet seemingly not have ever really heard it.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:07 pm

"Foreigner is up there somewhere."

Like within the top 20, at least.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:12 pm

Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:14 pm

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no......
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:20 pm

One of the funniest things I ever heard was listening one time to an interview with Michael Bolten in which he claimed that his biggest influence was Otis Redding. I almost died laughing.
I know he was only talking about vocal technique or whatever, but how can one have been strongly influenced by something yet seemingly not have ever really heard it.

I bet Kenny G's biggest influence was 'Trane.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:46 pm | Edited by: dale

There's this twee emo band from these part who paid some guy from the Used 5 grand to produce their DEMO who claim their heavily influences by Coltrane and the Kinks...yet they sound like a twee emo band who paid some guy from the Used 5 grand to produce their DEMO.

The Used are worse than Foriegner anyday of the week. I won't deny some Foriegner songs. They were the girl who babysitted me favorite band.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:49 pm

whatever dudes. whatever
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:57 pm

sweet, post some mp3s for us
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 9:59 pm

Records sound better when I play them.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 12:02 am

I thought it was the Killers the first time I saw it.

the Valentinos?
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 12:55 am

here's this twee emo band from these part who paid some guy from the Used 5 grand to produce their DEMO

I really do give up. Come on, where's Candid Camera
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 1:18 am

"This page is intended for those who don't know much about Led Zeppelin and want to know where to start with their catalog. If you're already a die-hard fan, this page probably won't be of interest to you; try alt.fan.jimmy-page.fuckin.rules.dude instead."
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:01 am

here's this twee emo band from these part who paid some guy from the Used 5 grand to produce their DEMO

I really do give up. Come on, where's Candid Camera

http://www.withrescuebreathing.com/
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:11 am

I really am giving up. goodbye!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:13 am

So what you're saying is that I found THE band worse than Air Supply, right?
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:18 am

keep thinking that and perhaps people will still listen to your records in 30 years....
tapes only.
c30 c60 c90 Go..!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:28 am

c30 c60 c90 Go..!

Goddamn I love the memory of that song from a K-Tell tape comp. I think Girls On Film was also on said comp.

Time to get the Led out of your collection. CCR is ok, I'm not a crazy fucking hater. And is that one album IV or Runes? Haven't had this question answered nor thought about since 1986.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:33 am

gary puckett and the union gap SUCKED !
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:36 am | Edited by: Shaun A

Air Supply I understand. Air supply I can handle. the Bravery, they must be stopped!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:39 am

Pop fact: The Bravery were called 'fakes' and 'poseurs' by which band???

A) - The singer of the Killers.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle......etc
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 3:20 am

Jesus fucking christ people, if you like rock n roll you ALREADY like/love stolen riffs!!!!! I dont think any garage band EVER stole any riffs, yeah right, neither did punk, neither did metal, whatever...ALL rock n roll is stolen!!!!!!!If you dont think so, you are , well, dumb.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 3:23 am

this is really getting to you, isn't it?

According to Zappa, Led Zeppelin stole the "fishing incident" from the Vanilla Fudge...
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 4:12 am

Truthfully, most of you little heathens sound like bad ripoffs of the Oblivians with the occasional bad interpretation of some 2nd generation punk bands even though you refer to yourselves as "garage" bands. Every now and then, one of you little bundles of joy will decide to completely lift the sound of a 60s garage act, but it's all recorded so intentionally poorly that it really all sounds the same...like a spoiled liberal taking a post marijuana binge crap. So basically, all of you sound worse than Air Supply. But you've seemed to make a somewhat viable scene out of your crap, so more power to you. Keep on writing lame songs, keep on not learning your instrument, and keep on selling those $4 limited edition 7"s on pink vinyl and maybe one day you'll be able to purchase a couch. Here's a tip: find a market with a little more discretionary income. I'll be listening to my Glen Miller, reading passages from Leviticus and thinking about my Microsoft and Atlantic/Swan Song stock. Re(a)gards (LOL for Jesus!), Ralphy (as dictated to Dennis Miller)
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 4:36 am

Look at my wobbly male tits! WOBBLEWOBBLEFLOBBLELOBBALOBBALOBBA! WOBBLELOBBALOBBALOBBALOBBA!!!!
Stick your head between them! A-FLOBBLELOBBLEFLOBBLELOBBLELOBBLE!
Flobba lobba lobba lobba lobba!!!!!!!!
Don't you just LOVE MY HUGE MALE TITS!!!!!!
FLOBBLE LOBBLE LOBBLE!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 9:25 am

i love you Memphis folks...!!!!

drunk hercules.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 12:57 pm

"theres a difference between borrowing and thieving"

Yup, you said it ...

"Talent borrows, genius steals" - Oscar Fuckin' Wilde

All my fave bands steal, the sub-Air Supply folks just borrow ... Don't matter how many chords you be usin' ...
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 2:13 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

Truthfully, most of you little heathens sound like bad ripoffs of the Oblivians with the occasional bad interpretation of some 2nd generation punk bands even though you refer to yourselves as "garage" bands. Every now and then, one of you little bundles of joy will decide to completely lift the sound of a 60s garage act, but it's all recorded so intentionally poorly that it really all sounds the same...like a spoiled liberal taking a post marijuana binge crap. So basically, all of you sound worse than Air Supply. But you've seemed to make a somewhat viable scene out of your crap, so more power to you. Keep on writing lame songs, keep on not learning your instrument, and keep on selling those $4 limited edition 7"s on pink vinyl and maybe one day you'll be able to purchase a couch. Here's a tip: find a market with a little more discretionary income. I'll be listening to my Glen Miller, reading passages from Leviticus and thinking about my Microsoft and Atlantic/Swan Song stock. Re(a)gards (LOL for Jesus!), Ralphy (as dictated to Dennis Miller)

this is really funny when you read this and listen to "Presence" really fuckin loud... I wanna listen to real rock music while I beat up an uppity garage rocker, anybody from the Makers in here?I heard they like to get their ass kicked. a lot.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 3:26 pm

After all those shitty records, hell, they'd probably feel left out if they didn't at least get a clip around the ear and get told "get a fucking haircut, pinko fag!"

I've never been called a "little heathen" before, it's kinda sweet, and a GREAT band name!

"Keep on writing lame songs, keep on not learning your instrument" - ach, who needs this aspirational shit, anyhoo?
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 8:53 am

Extreme... more than words.... that song.. jesus fucking christ.

OR TIme keeps on slippin- by steve miller....puts a black eye in the gang!!!
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Look at my wobbly male tits! WOBBLEWOBBLEFLOBBLELOBBALOBBALOBBA! WOBBLELOBBALOBBALOBBALOBBA!!!!
Stick your head between them! A-FLOBBLELOBBLEFLOBBLELOBBLELOBBLE!
Flobba lobba lobba lobba lobba!!!!!!!!
Don't you just LOVE MY HUGE MALE TITS!!!!!!
FLOBBLE LOBBLE LOBBLE!!!!!!!!!

YES!
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 4:50 pm

I can't stand that very crappy Obli-di Olba-da song by The Beatles....and Yello Submarine sucks big time to
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 4:52 pm

Ohh yeah I not saying the Beatles are worse than Air Supply, just can't stand those two songs
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 6:48 pm

Mister Mister or in Germany: Herr Herr

take these broken wings.....
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 4:49 pm

Posted: Sep 12, 2005, 2:53 am Quote

I can play guitar better than Jimmy Page

Now that's crazy talk and you need to listen better.I don't think the ears work properly or maybe your head has swollen over them.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 5:38 pm

By george, Dutch Hercules, you are right!
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 8:03 pm

louie
porch honks
headache city
detroit cobras
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 8:27 am

detroit cobras... ZZzzzzzzz....
Posted: Nov 21, 2005 6:26 pm

thin lizzy
Posted: Nov 21, 2005 7:58 pm

the black lips are gay boys
Posted: Nov 21, 2005 10:22 pm

the Whethermen..a bunch of drunken, stoner, assholes
Posted: Nov 21, 2005 10:26 pm

the black lips are gay boys

not like it's some kinda secret.
Posted: Nov 22, 2005 12:00 am

Ex-Models
Get Hustle

just about any band that ever opened for Gwar
Posted: Nov 22, 2005 7:53 am

fucking BUZZ OVEN.
Posted: Nov 22, 2005 9:56 am

The Dickies too? Ok, I guess penis puppet was a bit much.
Posted: Nov 22, 2005 5:31 pm

Jeff Evans
Syd Barrett
Ben Vaughn
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®