Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Movie Quotes
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 8:58 pm

I am attempting to lighten up...
I am taking this from a BB post on MySpace - do you have a favorite movie quote? Mine is "Heavy drugs and big jugs" from "I'll Take Manhattan"...the hippie guy says it about Edie Sedgewick, post-implant.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 9:01 pm

"long way to mardi gras baby"
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 9:02 pm

"Damn son! If you gonna have children like me mutha fucka you gonna hafta get laid first!"

Pappa Pryor to son Pryor in Which way is up
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 12:25 am

The human torch was denied a bank loan.- Anchorman

Calmer'n you are.-The Big Lebowski
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 2:57 am

"What kind of guys do you normally like?"

"Oh, I dunno.......the kind that wear socks."

(Kirstie Alley to Mark Harmon in "Summer School")
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:12 am

"if the gas don't get ya..."
"...then god will."
"And don't you bloody forget it."

an exchange between bubby and his mom in "bad boy bubby."
anybody else seen this?
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:14 am

"Do people like you have parents?" Julie Christie to Laurence Harvey in "Darling"
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:54 am

"You have to tend the garden, Ben." - Chance the Gardener (Chauncey Gardener) - Being There
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 4:28 am

i'm a mushroom cloud layin' mutha fucka, mutha fucka!

sam jackson, pulp fiction
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:23 am

"a marriage a morning and you won't be mourning...in the morning!"---
sledge hammer!

(a t.v. show but what the heck! it was a great show! and i don't know any
other quotes!)
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 9:26 am

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!" Nightrider in Mad Max with help from some band.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 10:44 am

"This here the place I was tellin you about. It's REAL FUCKED UP."

--John Amos in "Coming To America"
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 2:38 pm

"You see what you get, Warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?"

-The Warriors
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:19 pm

"This here the place I was tellin you about. It's REAL FUCKED UP."

--John Amos in "Coming To America"

That wasn't John Amos, that was the lanlord, whoever played him... good line though!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:29 pm

"You see what you get, Warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Orphans?"

-The Warriors

I can't believe I sat through this fucking movie on recommendation from this board from another thread...
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:37 pm

In the moonlight, even the strongest wrist will go limp.

-Curse of the Queerwolf
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 4:02 pm

"We're racers, not rapists."

-Burt Reynolds to Farrah Fawcett in Cannonball Run
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 4:18 pm

an exchange between bubby and his mom in "bad boy bubby."
anybody else seen this?

I like this a lot. The band in it's great too. Well, when Bubby joins anyway. Lotsa really good quotes that could be quoted. Pop telling Ma that her tits are, "Great big whoppers o' things" is one I use quite often.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 4:20 pm

-The Warriors

I can't believe I sat through this fucking movie on recommendation from this board from another thread...

I can't believe it would take the recommendation of this board to get you to watch the greatest movie ever made.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 4:46 pm

I can't believe it would take the recommendation of this board to get you to watch the greatest movie ever made.

I think I had to have seen it when I was a kid...
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 4:55 pm

It is a pretty kitschy movie, you have to be in the mood for it. I love the fact that all the gang members are actually dancers so the fight sequences are choreographed. I just always remember that high pitched "Warriors, come out and play..." I saw it when I was in HS (Nick you probably were a kid!) and then Dana & I watched it again a few years ago. He loves it.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 5:06 pm

"Conversation like television set on honeymoon...unnecessary."

- Sydney Wang - Murder By Death.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 6:36 pm

"Greetings my friends. We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember, my friends, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable, that is why you are here. And now for the first time we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are giving you all the evidence based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incident, the places...my friends, we can not keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friends, can your heart stand the shocking facts about grave robbers from outer space?""
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 7:49 pm

Who's that dude?!

-Mitch (Norm MacDonald) Dirty Work
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 7:49 pm

and the best line from Coming To America is "Hey Stu, the rents due motha fucka"
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 7:53 pm

I saw it when I was in HS (Nick you probably were a kid!)

Yeah, I had never even heard of it before reading about it here.

But maybe I just didn't like it because I grew up in the country and wasn't exposed to the real story of day to day gang life. I mean, if I saw those guys where I grew up, I would have thought they WERE a baseball team and boy would I have been in trouble!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 7:58 pm

Ed Harris: "What's your name?"
Alec Baldwin: "Fuck you! That's my name. You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW. That's my name."

"We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."
Alec Baldwin

"You ever take a dump, made you feel like you just slept for twelve hours?"
Al Pacino

All of the above are from "Glengarry Glen Ross," possibly the most quotable movie ever.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:00 pm

"Who told you you could work among men?"
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:05 pm

Glengarry Glen Ross

We still haven't seen this one, that's one I have heard a lot about on Goner.

Who told you you could work among men

What's that from Jack?

Here's another one "I never TRY anything, I just DO it" - Tura Satana in Faster Pussycat, Kill! KILL!... I love how she just SPITS her lines through that whole movie...
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:08 pm | Edited by: nicks name

Glengarry Glen Ross

We still haven't seen this one, that's one I have heard a lot about on Goner.

Definitely rent that one! It does have great lines. I wish I could remember the speach Al Pachino gives about his steel balls...
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:08 pm

Who told you you could work among men

What's that from Jack?

Pacino in Glengarry Glen Ross. One of the best adaptations of Mamet's work. I love that movie.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:13 pm

Here's another one "I never TRY anything, I just DO it" - Tura Satana in Faster Pussycat, Kill! KILL!... I love how she just SPITS her lines through that whole movie...

Yet if you close your eyes and picture Rocky the Squirrel whenever she is talking, you can't tell the difference!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:14 pm

Rocky is a BOY, stupid!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:25 pm

Also from "Glengarry"....

"Put that coffee down! Coffee is for closers!" Alec Baldwin

"Only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fuckin' faggots?" Alec Baldwin

"What you're hired for is to help us... does that seem clear to you? To HELP us, not to fuck us up; to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man!" Pacino

"All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it." Pacino

I wish I could remember the speach Al Pachino gives about his steel balls...
This may be what you're referring to:
"I'm in bed the next day, she brings me cafe au lait, gives me a cigarette. My balls feel like concrete."
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:28 pm

I wish I could remember the speach Al Pachino gives about his steel balls...
This may be what you're referring to:
"I'm in bed the next day, she brings me cafe au lait, gives me a cigarette. My balls feel like concrete."

Yes, concrete, not steel!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:33 pm

It's not a life-changing movie or anything, but it is really, really good and certainly one of the most quotable. The Simpsons use it all the time.

"Fuck you, you owe me the car. See? 'Cause this is how we keep the score, Boubie!"
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:45 pm

Bitch, are you for real?

- Rudy Ray Moore as Dolomite in The Human Tornado
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 9:17 pm

The Warriors (and Scarface) are both in the process of being turned into video games....
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 9:26 pm

Rocky is a BOY, stupid!

yeah, but he sure sounds like he has been de-testiculed!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 9:27 pm

"YAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHH!!!"
- Wolfen
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 9:31 pm

"YAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHH!!!"
- Night of the Lupus
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 11:24 pm

Glengarry Glen Ross is on IFC tonight at 11pm (EST)
Posted: Sep 8, 2005 8:11 am

BB
Big Brother, the tv show?

lady- "This is what you've been wanting to do since we got here."
gent- "Uh huh."
-Shades of Sex
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:01 pm

I missed it- didn't see this til today... we watched a movie last night called "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys" which was surprisingly good. On IFC also... I think. I went to Catholic school, plus a lot of my childhood took place in the 70's so I related to it on both tips. Well it will probably be on again, cable seems to rotate a lot of the same movies, so I'll watch out for it. Jodi Foster plays a pretty convincing nun!
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:28 pm

One more for New Orleans.

" You know that I used to have a cousin that could open a bottle of beer with his teeth? And that was all he could do. He was just a human bottle opener."

- Stanley Kowalski
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 9:15 pm

"I learned long ago that the race of man is not to be trusted."
-Quest for the Mighty Sword
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 12:48 am

"my mom won't let me marry a nigger"
Teen Lust (its pretty funny in the context of the movie)

"Ever since you got hit by that laser at that Blue Oyster Cult Show you've been acting like a pussy! " The Stoned Age
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 12:50 am

"the royal penis is clean" is a good one fro CTA
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 1:19 am

I missed it- didn't see this til today... we watched a movie last night called "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys" which was surprisingly good. On IFC also... I think. I went to Catholic school, plus a lot of my childhood took place in the 70's so I related to it on both tips. Well it will probably be on again, cable seems to rotate a lot of the same movies, so I'll watch out for it. Jodi Foster plays a pretty convincing nun!

Yeah, bummer on missing GGR, it was my first time seeing it again in a long time and i forgot how much i liked it. Dangerous Lives Of Alter Boys was pretty good too. I go to catholic school still and although it doesn't compare much at the moment its still a quality film, I normally hate Jodie Foster too. but shes good in it.
Posted: Sep 10, 2005 1:33 am

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy" - Clint, Outlaw Josey Wales
another great movie that's a wellspring of quotes is 'The Sweet Smell of Success' with Burt Lancaster. great movie, too.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 8:11 am

"Let Jesus fuck you..." Linda Blair, Exorcist.

"Pssssttt... Act Act.." Bob McKenzie, Strange Brew

"You'll get nothing and like it..!!" Ted Knight, in Caddyshack
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 1:34 pm

'romeo where aren't thou romeo?' -romeo (the play)
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 4:15 pm

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 6:02 pm

"my dirty undies, dude....THE WHITES!" john goodman, big lebowski
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 3:30 am

"You don't piss on hospitality!!!"

-- the dad in Troll 2
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 8:57 am

" and i thought they smelled bad.... on the outside.." Han Solo, ESB.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®