Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / anyone heard from ALEX CHILTON, RENE COMAN, DOUG GARRISON?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:39 pm

anyone heard from ALEX CHILTON, RENE COMAN, DOUG GARRISON?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:29 pm

i read on the internets that jody talked to alex on monday after the hurricane but hasnt talked to him since then. it was on the posies msg board.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 8:21 pm

maybe this clears up Alex's whereabouts:

The pictures of devastation are unreal. Houses and neighborhoods completely flattened. Lives and now some families completely destroyed.

No contact whatsoever. Weve tried every public resource we could try, Alex Chilton said.

From his Augusta office, a worried and frustrated Chilton waits for any word on how his grandmother and family in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi, fared the storm.

Chilton fears the worst knowing his family lives only 54 miles from New Orleans.

Weve tried cell phone numbers. Ive even called Bay St. Louis Police Department. Cant get any contact whatsoever in that area, Chilton said.

And something that scares Chilton even more was what he says he saw on the news just a day ago.

The street his grandmother once lived on in her brick home.

The entire street was just wiped out, gone, just like a bomb had gone off. It was gone, Chilton said.

A desperate Chilton says he plans on driving down to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, with other family members in the next few days to try and locate his loved ones. Its a trip he says hes dreading.

Im in retrieval mode right now. Ive resigned myself to the fact that we may be on a retrieval mission just to bring back bodies, Chilton said.
August 31, 2005 6:52 PM
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:24 pm

^^^
Where'd you get this?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:36 pm

Doug, Laura and kids are here in Memphis.
Rene and Doug were in the Northeast when the storm hit, so I'm sure he's okay too.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:37 pm

As far as I know, he didn't have family there. I don't know...
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:41 pm

I just found the news story here:

http://www.wagt.com/news/local/1711866.html

and watched the video. It's not "our" Alex Chilton.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:59 pm

hmm....i didnt see the video link. well....thats even more frustrating.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:17 pm

and watched the video. It's not "our" Alex Chilton.

an independent record store alliance dude who has been setting up a lot of my photo shows tells me that OUR alex chilton is fine. someone spoke to him yesterday. no details. sorry. mesg below - if their names ring a bell - go ahead and inquire away...

Theresa- I passed your message on to our record store alliance's group and someone responded with this info.-
Alex Chilton is fine. Jon Auer spoke to him on the phone yesterday.
I don't have any specifics...but i do know that he's fine. One less person to worry about...now for the other thousands...-Eli
www.sonicboomrecords.com[/i]
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:25 pm

PS... the guy followed up w/ me when i thanked him for the info so i asked him if he talks w/ alex again to have him call peg.... ok? i also left the number for the goner store
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:28 pm

Theresa, would that guy be named Nabil or Jason?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:33 pm

No - neither of them - I don't know those guys. Individual store owners have been checking in with me however. AND they've been great about passing on messages, including directing donations to our fund.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:38 pm

donations to our fund

???
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:40 pm

donations to our fund

???

the one Paddy Bullocks's dad's church is collecting for the NOLA Goners displaced by the hurricane? Where ya been? I say "our fund" because its for the DIRECT benefit of "our" musician friends, rather than the general fund of the Red Cross or Salvation Army. Sorry if my semantics confused you or whatever.
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Can anyone provide contact information for Doug Garrison?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®