Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / black lips (the band)... fan or not?
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 12:39 am

im not.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 12:55 am

Is it because they stole your girlfriend or because you have lousy taste?
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:05 am

probably both! how could someone not like the black lips?
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:09 am

fan. they bleed for you
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:12 am

luv 'em. if you listen to the second album or the live on wfmu lp and aren't into it, you're hopeless.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:18 am

I've seen these guys twice live, and I honestly didn't really like them. Sue me.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:33 am

i've seen them at least 20 times, and i'd pay to see them 20 more.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:37 am

i've seen fire, and I've seen rain.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 1:37 am

I've seen the best minds of my generation ruined by...
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 2:43 am

I've seen them three times and can't believe how good they are each time. It's between them and The Spits for best live band around right now.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 2:47 am

BLACK LIPS RULE!!!
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 2:53 am

they is goood!
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:15 am

I think you should join this Myspace group! http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&gro upID=100173540&Mytoken=20050828190359

Retard Club

group for lovers of retarded music, retarded movies, retarded books, retarded etc. for those who dont take themselves seriously and get down and get stupid.

RETARD FUEL: ramones, goner(s), oblivians, burgers, moto, dictators, monks, pizza, beer, pot, funny commercials, supercharger, persuaders, lost and found video night, sleeping/naps, hasil adkins, black randy, psychotronic video guide, spits, zombies, cheap monsters, keith moon, bill hicks, marx brothers, rodney dangerfield, ugly things, terminal boredom, horizontal action, monkey buddy movies, (old) mad magazine~snappy answers to stupid questions, cartoons, comic books, firecrackers, angry samoans, (real) losers, funbangers, troggs, crypt, rip off, the queers, rev. norb, farts, burps, drooling, people tripping/falling, back from the grave, killed by death, stupid faces, devo, chicken wings, milkshakes, jerry mccain, pranks, asian trash cinema, low budget sci fi, pharcyde, biz markie, kool keith, mummies, loli and the chones, king coleman, dancefloor boogaloo romp, primitive bashing, electric eels, penguins, absurdity, sillyness, making fun of people/stuff, rockin' out big time, moronic pleasures, and anything/anyone else that appeals to the fun loving simpleton in all of us. DOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and yeah, BLACK LIPS ROOL!) Let's start a post for every band that's ever existed!!!!
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:15 am

I once read on this board the following quote: "I play the Black Lips to judge new acquaintances" or something along those lines... I totally agree. If someone isn't open to the Lips, I'm not open to them.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:29 am | Edited by: peepstemple

I like em but some of you sound like the biggest fuckin snobs "oh my taste is so fuckin great that if someone else doesnt like what I like they must be totally uncool and a bad person "give me a fucking break. you sound like a bunch of gawd damn christians
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:35 am

been 2 years and folks on the goner board still talkin that shit
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:58 am

No kidding. I like the Black Lips too, but you guys sound like a buncha' retarded fan boys. It's kind of disgusting.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 4:02 am

i'm a fan boy
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 5:57 am

I'm drunk.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:05 am

Any group that brings back and does justice to the Swell Maps sound gets my thumbs up. Definitely not just another boring "but we're really an R&B combo" sort of garage band. The WMFU recording is my fave.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:33 am

i agree with peepstemple and pauljerkface...they're goodl, but jesus you guys are a little out of control. 'If someone isn't open to the Lips, I'm not open to them', open minded i see.
i've always thought they sounded EXACTLY like the earliest dwarves records. i'm drunk too
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:22 am

I've seen them several times and like them. Anyone who judges acquaintances on whether or not they like the Black Lips is a fucking douchebag.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:24 am

They sound like the Keggs "To Find Out" sometimes. It's an awesome song. I want to fuck it.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 12:53 pm

I'm gonna see them 4 days in a row this week, we probably share rooms too!
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 2:42 pm

You people take things way too seriously. Do you really think I judge everyone based on the Black Lips? I was just expressing my gratitude for a band like the Black Lips making the music they do amidst much OBVIOUS scrutiny. In my town, nobody shows up for bands like them, and it makes me sad. No, actually, most of my friends could give a shit about them.

Jesus Christ.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 2:51 pm

i like the pee pee
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:13 pm

You people take things way too seriously.
I wouldn't worry about it. I think all Goners, myself included, are some of the biggest music snobs in the world. And the losers of all losers who would get upset enough to call you a douchebag for it, must have just been fired up from the booze- I mean it was after 1 AM and all...
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:18 pm

I like em but some of you sound like the biggest fuckin snobs "oh my taste is so fuckin great that if someone else doesnt like what I like they must be totally uncool and a bad person

No kidding. I like the Black Lips too, but you guys sound like a buncha' retarded fan boys. It's kind of disgusting.

i agree with peepstemple and pauljerkface...they're goodl, but jesus you guys are a little out of control. 'If someone isn't open to the Lips, I'm not open to them', open minded i see.

I've seen them several times and like them. Anyone who judges acquaintances on whether or not they like the Black Lips is a fucking douchebag.

I see who the fucking know-nothing faggots are over here. Boring booger picking double ended dildos. Go die.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:53 pm

Bazooka Joe, you are now officially on my list of top five favorite music snobs.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:57 pm

I think diversity in musical tastes is what makes us all special! There's plenty of room for Black Lips fans and Green Day fans in my group of friends. After all, it's all just punk rock, right?
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 3:57 pm

I don't give a fuck if anyone likes 'em or not! It's really funny to see these nerds (especially lastname) get worked up over some fans gettin' ornery. It's obvious who the people with dicks up there asses really are. I'll still be lastname's friend too, but he's gonna hafta get dealt with.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 4:07 pm

i am too old to like the black lips. that type of joie de vivre just confuses me.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 4:14 pm

I don't give a fuck if anyone likes 'em or not!

And you know, I really don't expect most people to like 'em - I think that's kinda the point... I usually can count on the people on this board to do more than say "what is this shit" and turn their noses up at it, and that's why I post here. That's why all of us post here, I think. I think I would like Mr. Lastname if he didn't call me names when he doesn't even know me. Well, maybe not.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:28 pm | Edited by: paulyjerkface

I don't give a fuck if anyone likes 'em or not! It's really funny to see these nerds (especially lastname) get worked up over some fans gettin' ornery

Looks like yer the ones gettin' worked up over our ornery-ness. I'm just chillin'. Here's another zinger!: I like the Spits, but they're not my favorite band.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:33 pm

I like the Spits, but they're not my favorite band.

The Spits are a novelty band compared to the Black Lips. No offense, but Black Lips are musical genius... Was that supposed to piss me of?
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:42 pm

i'm more into Coq Roq these days
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:44 pm

Same.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:46 pm

I see who the fucking know-nothing faggots are over here. Boring booger picking double ended dildos. Go die.

i think i want your day job! wow. i bet you are gettin paid by The Man and you still have time to think about other stuff. i am definitely doing something wrong because i am paying for my own time
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:51 pm

It wasn't supposed to do anything.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:52 pm

Well it pissed me off! FUCK! I know I'm gonna hafta take this out on dan_gerous.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 6:53 pm

fan!
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:08 pm

i would like them even better if they performed a rock opera of R Kelly's 'Trapped in the Closet'
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:14 pm

It really is true though. All BL non-fans are pussy dorks.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Can you be a fan without being a retard? Because that's the route I'm trying to take.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:38 pm

This topic is stupid.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 7:45 pm

They were a lot of fun live but I don't play the record all that often at home.

But then, I'm old.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 8:08 pm

You guys smell like raccoon pussy.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 8:09 pm

try a little harder there, todd.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 8:13 pm

they were more crucial back when trickknee was a h8er
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 9:36 pm

When was I "a h8er?"
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 9:39 pm

When they played in Kalamazoo i don't remember them pissing in mouths or vomiting. That's like the Go-Nuts showing up with no snacks.
Posted: Aug 29, 2005 10:29 pm

Posted: Aug 30, 2005 12:01 pm

I POOPED A HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 31, 2005 3:50 am

still watchable

www.thespits.com/blacklips.wmv

i'm 45 minutes into the movie and its totally horale! yepa yepa
Posted: Aug 31, 2005 5:10 am

Ernie when will this be available?! I can't wait for that shit.
Posted: Aug 31, 2005 7:01 pm

it'll be done before the new album comes out. i woulda already had it done but i keep getting distracted by drogas.
Posted: Aug 31, 2005 7:09 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

still watchable

<a href="http://www.thespits.com/blacklips.wmv
" target="_new" rel="nofollow">www.thespits.com/blacklips.wmv[/i]

Why is this the first time I've seen this?

Pho Bich Ngr... that's gotta top top Fu King Food Shop and Hung Far Low Cock
Posted: Aug 31, 2005 7:12 pm

I'm not gonna answer that.
Posted: Aug 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Unfortunately, Pho Bich Ngr is no more.
Posted: Sep 1, 2005 4:08 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®