Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hurricane jitters
Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3
Posted: Sep 1, 2005 11:58 pm

shit don't know about dale...he's still takin' lots of ACID (even though he's fiffty somethin) so let's hope he grew wings and flew away too safety...

I know it's a long shot, but my husband emailed Tim Lucas (editor of Video Watchdog, to which Dale sometimes contributes) to see if he has heard anything from Dale. I'll let you know.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:44 am

Rocks Off will remain open regardless of how hard hurricane Katrina smashes into Mexico...

In retrospect, I am truly an idiot......
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:47 am

Good to hear folks are safe! Any word on Curtis,Brain Turd, AP or Louie Hernandez? And for that matter AP's mom,sister,or Guzzi...?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:49 am

Thanks Melva. Mom sis and bro-in-law are safe,other sis and bro-in-law and neice w/ her husband and kid still on the Coast,as far as i know...
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:49 am

louie call me on that # you called last night.....i think we need to go back down and grab some high heels! i saw some in a broken window on cnn last night...theys was tight.
loverde get in touch
fucking MC Gregory..i am still missing you
Lord George? i heard talks of nola but still no word
sounds like that deeejaaaay has a touch of white guilt....no one gives a shit about takin' groceries. we been makin'em so you could take'em for years.
much luv to my niggazzzzz
chad
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:51 am

oh yeah....neil and brooke byrne
why don't you answer your phones?
i would like to talk to ya'll, CHEESBRO, and Castanza(Can'tStandYa)
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:55 am

louie, J'nette left on Saturday and is in Huntsville Al. She tried to get me to get out with Scott, but ya know catagory 3, yeah right. Someone just forwarded us a picture of what looks like Canal street with Alex there. We forwarded it to Eric and he's gonna try and blow it up, It sure looks like him, hand in front of the camera and all. Hope so. Come on up
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:11 am

Couldn't tell from the damn picture- too small & blowin it up in photoshop just made it worse. Hope it's him.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:23 am

snipers on the ramp (charity hospital emergency room)....Jezus fuking christ someone get some balls and make an example out of one these fuckers.
chad
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:26 am | Edited by: colbito

Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:32 am

I don't know where Bobby Charles is, but I can assure you his swamp house is gonna be GONE. He is in very poor health and living in the middle of nowhere.

Matty- Kristen Z. is coming into town and will be at the Buc to say bye to New Orleans friends... she's then flying to Austin 4 school. Come up or call her or something if you're not still in Memphis.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:33 am

Argh! I am to be logged in at all times, Lacey. Don't believe a word she say.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:38 am

Barry-glad to hear Bernie and your mom are safe!

Just got off the phone with my dad finally. I begged him to go Sunday, he wanted to say behind and protect the house from looters. He thanked me today fro making him go up north. My mom is up in Monroe helping with getting the foster kids what they need. My niece is fine-she's at Daryl's with Roz. What a way to celebrate my birthday.

I called Stephanie's (you remember her?) bro in AL. Waiting for his call back.

I hope the rest of your family is ok. Everyone up here in WI really wants to help. It is amazing.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 2:57 am

alright, my uncle marty's buddy just found his mother sister and her son dead in bay saint louis at the hospital with five houndred bodies stacked...there is no town left on the gulf coast!!! houses that made it through cameal back in 69 are splintered...louisiana govener blanco just did a press conferance and is PISSED!!! she said that troops are flown in from iraq and have orders to shoot to kill...finally!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 3:01 am

goublah!!! this would have never happened if you still lived in NOLA...loomis
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 3:41 am

Paul Webb?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 3:50 am

My great aunt Becky made it in Pass Christian and somehow there is very little damage to her house (no electricity or water tho), but no more trees exist for miles. She is 76 years old and lives on this farm alone and is refusing to leave, Scarlett O' Hara-style. She is a trip...the two old farmhands who have lived there their whole lives wouldn't leave her. It is like a fucking movie.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 4:32 am

Paul Webb is in Lafayette...bitter as ever
and refuses to go back to NOLA ever again...
lalso the Mustang is totaled...

Lord George is in Memphis..i believe.
he called me but i was on the other line so i
couldn't have a long conversation with him...

No idea where Gregory is...he had told me before
the storm he "ain't scared" and wasn't leaving....
i'd bet he's in one of the Domes by now

Where's Bree-ann and MC Spanky? Brian Turd? Crackhead boxer?

i'm coming back down south as welll....tentatively leaving
Seattle sometime after next weekend..will be flying
to Memphis for gonerfest then making my way down to Atlanta
gonna work with my old boss in ATL then maybe help out
rebuilding NOLA if possible...can't wait to so see ya nola fuckheads again
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 4:33 am

Chad please text me a number to call you back
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 4:40 am

my girlfriend got this info on one of her nerd-political message boards, who knows how reliable this is. I don't know, maybe the same person who posted there is on here. for what it's worth:

"I can confirm that Alex is missing.

The last anyone spoke to him was on Saturday. Messages were left on his phone Sunday with no reply. We still aren't sure if he decided to ride it out with his sister or if they went to an evacuation center.

I've gotten unconfirmed info that the house was checked and nobody was there, so it looks hopeful that they at least left the house before the hurricane it. But we still don't know anything for sure.

Hoping for the best."

----

"Correction on one point:

His sister is safe and was not with him. Sorry about the bad info. I've had a few phone calls about this and it's hard to keep things straight.

He did get the house boarded up before the storm, and it was his intention to ride it out, but he may have gotten out before the storm or after the storm but before the worst of the flooding. We just don't know for sure and even if he's safe I'm sure he can't call out to let anyone know for now.

If I learn any specifics I'll share them."
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 4:57 am | Edited by: The Driver

For what it's worth the nola.com missing persons board has been useful in verifying the safety of some non-Goner type acquaintences.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 5:43 am

King Louie, I am so sorry about your loss. I'm going to listen to your record now, and drown my sorrows in moderately priced wine.

Love,
Billy Ferguson
(we met and hung out a couple of times when I still lived in NOLA, but it's okay if you don't remember me. I'm William on myspace and I'm still really worried about MC GREGORY.)

P.S. You are the best band ever.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 5:53 am

Does anyone know if Pauley Walthers is ok?

I wish I was still living in Nashville so I could put some of you guys up. I'm in Toronto now and we're still willing to help anyone out that can make it up here.

David and Erin
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 5:53 am

Oh my god! Please! Does anyone know if Anne Rice made it out okay! She is diabetic and needs insulin!

Ha ha haa! I'm priceless.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 5:59 am

louie will you call us at misty's when you get in town? we got something for yew!!!!
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:15 am

Good News New Orleans!

Welfare, unemployment benefits to Katrina victims
Thursday, 9:20 p.m.

Federal welfare and unemployment benefits are being made available to victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The Louisiana Department of Labor announced that federal Disaster Unemployment Assistance will be available to residents or workers in 31 parishes if they can prove they lost their jobs or self-employment income as a result of Katrina.

The Labor Department began accepting claims Thursday at its job centers throughout the state and will continue doing so until a 30-day filing period ends Oct. 30.

To qualify for benefits applicants must have worked or been self-employed in one of the affected parishes, prove that they have lost their main source of income because of the storm and that they do not qualify for regular unemployment insurance from another state. The program will run through March 4, 2006.

Additionally, the state Department of Social Services has received federal permission to establish an emergency food-stamp program for people displaced by the hurricane. Applications are being accepted starting Friday through Sept. 9 at 49 different DSS Office of Family Support offices across the state
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 8:12 am

The personal stories and first hand reports going up around the internet are getting down right terrifying. If you know anyone in town still and you can get in touch with them, PLEASE make sure they formulate a solid plan for escape. People are being killed almost indiscriminately at times. The cops and National Guard there are without evidence of functional leadership and many are turning into death squad thugs themselves. It is confirmed that corpses are everywhere. Things are degenerating VERY quickly and I urge those that remain to flee, but do so safely.

I've been calling Shasta all day, but his phone just rings and his answering machine don't pick up no mo'.

Also, if you know anyone in the Garden District that can check on John Fields' dog at his gf's place (trashy diva store) near Juan's, that'd be great. He was on tour and couldn't get back to his dog. The chick that was watching the dog had to evacuate and did not take Cash (the dog) for whatever reason.

Any body know if that shithead that busted my head open at that Mangina show at the Hi-Ho is dead yet? That big goofy skinhead guy? Can't remember his name. Pretty sure it rhymed with PIG-FUCKER. Anyway, I hope he's been kidnapped and is getting hot meat injections at gun point from a black man named Molly. Fuck you and I piss down your throat.

Please excuse my outburst. Emotions run high these days.

Billy Ferguson
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:09 am

I know a lot of Goners went to Memphis. I am in Jackson MS, we should all have power by now. Gasoline is still hard to come by. But if there is anything we can possibley do to help you guys out. Please let us know. You can get in touch with me at gimmesopor@hotmail.com or 601-503-6655

Billy V.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 11:44 am

mayor Nagin live on CNN just a few minutes ago....to Bush, FEMA, etc. "get off your asses and do something....send some aid to the biggest goddamn crisis in US history!" he's fucking pissed.

billy ferg...skinhead that opened your head up,Derrick. loved your thor's hammer comment so much it has been added to my daily conversation.

muscle...can't text out on my nola phone...borrowed a bamacell 334 318 2397

would love to somehow get in touch w/ ADAMN (scripts drummer) if anyone has seen or heard from him please lemme know. had a missed call from him right in the thick of things.

heard last night that CHEESBRO has been deployed back to NOLA...poor guy......
WAderS UP!
Chad
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:02 pm

RE: LX

From Jon Auer's wife, Michelle, on the Posies forum:

"OK, I am updating this. The last I had heard when I wrote that first post was that he was fine. So that is why I posted.

That was the last word anyone had in Seattle when I wrote this. After I got home from work, I saw all of these messages, I asked Jon because I started seeing all of this other stuff and got an email. He called Jody for follow up to the conversation from a few days ago and now the word is, chances are he is OK, and that is all we can hope for but NO, no one has talked to him in the last couple of days. It is the same as what everyone was saying, they talked to him after the major storms and he was fine the, but now there has been little to no communication with anyone in those parts since then. I never posted that Jon "spoke to Alex" which I have read somewhere, but that is how this whole grapevine thing goes.

So the "official word" is, the same as what his friend was saying on here. Jody talked to him Monday after the hurricane and no one has been in touch since. So I am sorry if I said he was "OK" too soon. That is how I understood it, and we are on the other side of the country.

I won't post anything else about it unless I hear that someone actually spoke to Alex himself OK."

http://theposies.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134&postdays=0&postorder=as c&start=0
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 1:13 pm

Joe or Prep. X (who is at your house-do you have power?) , have you heard from Brian and Tiffany Turd? His mom lives in Gulfport? I haven't heard anything about them.

Stephanie
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 2:28 pm

JUDE MATTHEWS: News from his childhood friend Wes in New York. Jude was at Savannah Strachan's house (aka his wife). Her entire family stayed, they live in Coliseum Square. There were looters, so they boarded up the downstairs, nailed the door shut. He's drinking beer, guarding their upstairs balcony with a gun. They have a ladder that they can climb down on, and they put the ladder across to other balconies to visit other neighbors who stuck it out. Typical Jude style.

As a side note, Jude went to go loot whole foods, but there were too many other looters there, so he got overwhelmed and left!!!!

This is from spasticrobot.typepad.com, friend of Jude (see comments on newest entry):
did speak to jude yesterday, he said he was having fun now, but he thought it might get old in a week or two. he sounded good and was stocked on beer and food, and yes, guns. we told him we could pick him up in houston if he gets transported there.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 2:33 pm

We're willing to help out with records and maybe even with some turntables (some portable battery powered, some not). We can also burn CDs and make tapes of anything in our collection (6000+ records). When we got married and merged our collectons, we ended up with lots of doubles and in some cases, triples and quadruples! We have LPs, 45s and 78s we're willing to donate, even if Goner wants to sell them in the store. We also have some clothes and shoes that we want to send. Just let us know where to send stuff and we'll get 'em out.

Having been in several tornadoes and losing a house to one when I was 5, I feel for all of you. No one, absolutely no one, hesitate to ask for anything. We'll do absolutely anything we can do to help.

David and Erin (Toronto)
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 2:48 pm

Info Map on NOLA....read directions...
http://www.scipionus.com/
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 3:24 pm

OK, Lisa, understood, no more posts from across the big pond about Mr Chilton! Many apologies for any problems caused by my hasty posting ...

HOWEVER, this just in from NOLA man John Broven:

"New Orleans Update

With the unspeakable tragedies occurring in New Orleans, and the ensuing mix of fact, rumor and hyperbole, I thought I would give this “round robin” update based on various communications received – notably from Alan and Pat Warner.

* Fats Domino has been rescued from his flooded house. He is safe but exhausted.
* Dave Bartholomew and his family escaped with the ‘clothes on their backs.’
* Allen Toussaint was reportedly seeking a bus to Houston….
* The Nevilles are in Memphis but their homes are a mess.
* Just had an unconfirmed report that Irma Thomas is safe.
* Connie LaRocca is with her family in Las Vegas but her house, which is near the broken 17th Street levee, is under water.
* No news of Chuck Carbo except that his house is submerged.
* Still awaiting to hear news on Clarence Henry, Frankie Ford, Harold Battiste, Cosimo Matassa etc.
* Writers Jeff Hannusch and Tad Jones both evacuated safely, but acknowledge it will be ‘months’ before they can return – and they have no idea what they will be returning to.

There has been almost no mention of the music culture in the media except for an Alan Warner quote on the CNN website.

That’s it for now. There are so many other friends/musical heroes that we await to hear from. Our thoughts are with them all.

JJB

2 September 2005"
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 3:26 pm

NOLA people join this list....
http://www.stoffaproductions.com/community/
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 4:38 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Memphis Work:

A friend is looking for 2 people for immediate hiring, as in tonight or this weekend, for tiling work. Experience and tools are not required, he'll show you what to do. He has many jobs lined up, and this could become permanent.

He's a real good ole boy, and wants to give stranded NOLA people first dibs, but he needs to fill the slots FAST. If this is up your alley, contact:

Marc

901-581-2162

or

mr.marc@gmail.com
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 4:46 pm

If anyone wants to take a vacation in beautiful Orlando, Florida. You're welcome to come. Maybe we can even scam some free disney tickets. This whole thing just sucks so bad. Ive been through my share of hurricanes, and Ive never taken them seriously. Its really hard to take the seriously because the media makes each one sound like its going to be the apocalypse, and besides Andrew they have never really been "that" bad, but even Andrew doesnt compare to this. I know if I lived in N.O. or Biloxi I wouldnt have evacuated. This is some scary shit.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 5:56 pm

Chad n Steph. No power, no phone, okay though. Call our cell if you need to get in touch. 251-604-5454. If yall hear from anybody that needs a spare floor or couch to sleep on, we gots sum room. No word on Brian and Tiff. Guess I need to get in touch with Dean to see. Brooke.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:10 pm

Oh, and Matt P. and Damy are with us.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:32 pm

just got word from Bevis, a friend of mine who rode it out:

I am alive, arguably tougher than any of you all...

I got out today, Sept. 1st, from the worst of all possible worlds. If any of you that don't know me personally saw the tattooed freak on CNN days ago, that was me.

Yes, I rode out the storm, that was the easy part. The hard part was living through the hell that New Orleans became after the fact. MAKE NO MISTAKE, WHAT THE NEWS IS TELLING YOU IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE RAMPANT ANARCHY AND CHAOS THAT IS AND WAS NEW ORLEANS.

Some reasons why:

Roving packs of weapon weilding marauders killing and looting everything in sight.
No power, making the French Quarter wonderful for the first night, a TOTAL NIGHTMARE the next.
Destruction on a level only rivalled by Iraq, SERIOUSLY.
Corpses floating in most parts of the city.
The heat, good lord, the heat...
Police essentially forming gangs of their own, sleepless and out of control.
The military having turf wars in every parish, leaving yet more corpses and scaring the shit out of everyone.
Crazed militia-type behavior from people that you always knew were on the verge, turning them into assholes too ready to kill than help their fellow man.
The stench of organic rot and the imminent threat of diseases long thought extinct.
And many more things I can't bear to tell you all right now for fear of giving you all the cold sweats, I mean it.

Imagine "Apocalypse Now", mix in a generous portion of "28 Days Later", it doesn't even come close. This is something that you will never undestand unless you were there. I am in serious shock, yet somehow calm in the knowledge that I LIVED THROUGH IT.

Yeah, I didn't even know I was that crazy... But I'm not stupid, so I am in Lafayette for a couple of days in sanctuary, then possibly to Texass, who knows....

I kept a storm journal, the results of which will be posted as soon as I have enough p.c. time and the stomach to relive it that long.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO THERE UNTIL IT IS UNIVERSALLY AGREED THAT IT IS SAFE.

Death rules that place and all that dared to stay any longer...

I am deeply and sincerely touched by the communication I have received as a result of my descent into madness, much love to you all...

in other news...
Jheri Magillicuddy and Sunshine are safe in Texas...
running outta money and need a place to go...
who can help?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:33 pm

I heard RL Burnside died in the hurricane. Anyone else heard this?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:37 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

in other news...
who can help?

Matt. Where in Texas? I'm in Austin.
People in Austin want to help.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:40 pm

Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:41 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Uptight, just and FYI.

Marc really didn't want his phone number printed and was hoping to help Goner refugees that were interested first.

I was hoping the (kind) Goner hosts hosting ANDY ROTZZ could pass this info on to him since I understand he has construction experience (but NOT required) [and not opposed to manual labor] and Marc said had TWO immediate jobs available for an approximate 2-week duration.

I sent the info to Eric/Zac so that they could hopefully get it to the folks who need it.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:41 pm

What about Greg Easterly & fam? I just remembered about him; I haven't talked to him since moving to Portland so have no idea if he is even still there.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:49 pm

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO THERE UNTIL IT IS UNIVERSALLY AGREED THAT IT IS SAFE.

shit, i just volunteered to go down there. maybe they won't need me.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:54 pm

Sherry, don't sweat it. I just wanted to get the info out there ASAP, so I don't care if my number is on here. Nobody called last night and I wanted to speed things along, so I posted it myself.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:01 pm

Holy shit! Sorry Marc, I thought you posted under a different name/didn't knwo it was you!

I'm out.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:03 pm

shit, i just volunteered to go down there. maybe they won't need me.

they need you, but they'll turn you away, sad to say.

here in NY during 9/11 ground zero excavation the first week or two, i knew a bunch of guys w/ construction and demolition experience who so desperately wanted to help that they just went to the site and said, "can we help?"

the army corps of engineers were there and did not want any outside assistance. the cops ARRESTED people who went down there to lend their bonafide, needed trade skills. it was a chaotic mad house and supposedly, we had all the support in the world AND martial law below 14th st.

its more of a risk to you if you do it. i know its hard to stand back and watch your skills go unused... but you'd be no help to anyone if you got fucked up while trying to help
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:11 pm

who can help?

I can. Let me know how much they need for bus fare to get to Austin or elsewhere in TX, and I'll hook them up.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:16 pm

they need you, but they'll turn you away, sad to say.

my day job is with the federal government, this is being organized by them. not sure what i'll be doing though the phrase "assist in medical response and recovery" (italics mine) was used. i've done some hazardous materials clean up before and got some training after 9/11 to respond to nbc attacks so i'd imagine i'd be doing that. or administrative stuff like i'm doing now. don't know really but i want to help somehow.

I'll find out sometime after 2 pm CST if i'm going. i'll be down there for 2 weeks if i go.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:16 pm

Jessica and Manny called and said they made it to Texas. Also told me that if NOLA peeps go to an unemployment office they will give you food stamps and hook you up w/ jobs if you need some $$$
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:20 pm

Anybody know if Big Daddy Jay Pendleton's okay? He was still down there, right?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:23 pm

my day job is with the federal government, this is being organized by them.

good luck, man. if you go, i hope the crazies don't hate on you. be safe.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:25 pm

If you're traveling back to hometowns and you'll be crossing Nebraska you can crash with us. Real beds !
http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=8788
LizHitt
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:33 pm

I'm pretty sure he posted to the NOLA Refugees Board on MySpace as Dr. A Go Go. At the time I assumed it was him but maybe I'm wrong.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:33 pm

Hey- if Peg's reading this: Tim Warren called the Goner store looking for you, and says to call Crypt headquarters as soon as you can.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 7:57 pm

I'm pretty sure he posted to the NOLA Refugees Board on MySpace as Dr. A Go Go. At the time I assumed it was him but maybe I'm wrong.

Cool, thanks! Dr. A Go Go's MySpace site sez all members are safe and accounted for... Hope everybody else down there is alright!
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 8:30 pm

Jessica and Manny called and said they made it to Texas. Also told me that if NOLA peeps go to an unemployment office they will give you food stamps and hook you up w/ jobs if you need some $$$

FYI:

www.hhs.state.tx.us
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 8:31 pm

i heard no one is going to shows in Austin, is this true?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 8:32 pm

I volunteered too. Currently waiting on some guy named ed to call me back and tell me when to start training.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 8:54 pm

melva; glad your family's ok...hope your dad shoots to kill.
Louie...sorry about your family in missisippi; i'll call tonight.
Joe, glad your family's ok...the Clickem Brotherhood's gotta look out for each other.
i talked to mom last night; 2 trees took out the living room, but didn't effect the rest of the house..a friend is going to get the pics and paperwork out...sounds like they stayed dry, thank god. too much structural damage to rebild, though. Mel's gonna come in from fla. and help out.
Bevis, lemmie know if you need any help if you're moving up north.
No true Conservative president would pull the National Guard out of a disaster-prone state, in order to fight for abstractions like "democracy" in the Middle East...alot of other Conservatives are pissed, too. If the GOP want my vote in '08, they've gotta clean the stench of the Bush administation out of the party, and I dont see that happening.I may even(holds back vomit) vote Dem. if they nominate a pro-defense, old-style Democrat.
sorry for the political harange;this week has shown how meaningless this shit is in the long run...again,if there's any way i can help anyone out, lemme know.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:25 pm

Colby(Rocks Off) and the three kids that are Mythical Beast, Corinne (1 Eyed Jacks), Jeremiah and Aaron have found our new home....the "compound" is two houses on one piece of property with a fenced yard for the Chihuahua....there is a swimming pool filled to the rim with dirt that we are going to turn into a badminton court....we have nothing, well less than nothing now that we paid rent, lol.....our adress for those concerned...
4808 Ledesma Rd
Austin, Texas
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:35 pm

Reading this thread is surreal, especially being up here in Canada where the worst we get is a bit too much snow sometimes. I'm just glad to hear that NOLA Goners' have made it out ok. I'll be making a donation to the Goner relief fund and if any of you find yourself up north I've got a large basement thats recently been outfitted with a de-humidifier so its more than liveable now.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:46 pm

Louie,i am terribly sorry about your family's loss. My prayers are with them,and all of you.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 9:48 pm

Anyone know the whereabouts of 2 folks who moved to NOLA from Sacto about a year ago. Their names are Chris McKay & Corina. Chris is tall, lanky, quiet and a hell of a guitarist. He goes by McKay. Corina is a bit loud but good people. Dont know if they intigrated themselves in with the NOLA punks or not but any word on them would be appreciated.
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 10:08 pm

paul web just turned up in lafayette...gonna go hang with him soon...
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 11:06 pm

i know Chris and Corina and yes they aligned w/ the NOLA punx. i used to work w/ him and he would usually come to Kajun SS shows. i know that has no relevance right now. anyway i know nothing about their where abouts, but would really like to know if they are okay. please post if you hear anything.

paul web (mangina drummer) just text and said all is well and to shoot all looters...they tried to steal his 2005 ford stang.

how about Mitchell, Liberty and their tiny baby?

i saw mike bevis on cnn before all the levee and looter bullshit...he looked quite happy.
over and out
Cjihad

louie can't make it to mempho this weekend (gas prices) but ill see you at gonerfest.
to all the SS how bout we do a late oct. early nov. tour.....ya'll aint got shit whaddya think?
Posted: Sep 2, 2005 11:12 pm

i saw mike bevis on cnn before all the levee and looter bullshit...he looked quite happy.
over and out

I'm glad Mike got out. I haven't seen him since 97', but he is one of the coolest people I've ever met. Small effing world. I'd love to see the CNN interview he was in. Is it online anywhere?
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 12:52 am

Melva, and everyone else who has asked. . .a very kind stranger (to me, at least) on MySpace emailed me to say he heard Chris Kirsch got out Sunday and is in N. Louisiana, and he also heard Tony Kirsch is possibly in Atlanta.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 1:52 am

AndreaH- whew! Thanks for the info. I'm glad they are ok.

My best friend, Stephanie Stennett (for those who know her) calle me from AL a few mintues ago and said she made it out of NOLA early Monday. She went to MS for refuge and ended up right into the storm. Her boyfriend Tom is missing.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 3:40 am

According to Art's myspace profile, Art Boonparn & Brian have escaped the American Can Company building and are in Baton Rouge as of today.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 5:37 pm

So, has anyone heard from 9th ward's Dale Ashmun yet?
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 6:53 pm

melva; glad stephanie's ok; fran and jack's house was wiped out.
everryday i think of new people to worry about...I'm hoping for good news on dale and alex.
glad chris and art got out...
laura posted on myspace for nola folks looking for jobs in philly/nyc; if anyone of you are coming through chicago, i can let the double door/metro owners know...
and Kanye can suck my ass.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 7:19 pm

I saw Dale 2 weeks ago today at a mock trial study for 150 bucks so I know he was as broke as me, I don't think he had a car
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 7:55 pm

I'm worried about Dale too.

My husband has a few friends from here that moved to NO and we have not heard about any of them. There are so many people to find.

Spoke to my mom- I'm going down to NO when it's ok and helping them move their stuff. They are not going to move back.

If anyone needs a place to stay in WI (no snow yet!)- email me. I can put you up at my house or at a hotel.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 9:40 pm

Posted: Sep 3, 2005 10:55 pm

Bad shit. I checked in yesterday to see if Michael B. was okay... Glad to hear you're out / sorry 'bout your stash and thanks to everyone else for the inside story. Gotta figure there's going to be some amazing hiphop lyrics coming out of this as soon as anyone's got a place to record...

I tried to send Michael an e-mail to offer replacements for his soggy H2Ds but the bellsouth address I had no longer works. Drop me a line whenever you can.

But also --being aware that I may have to renege on the offer at some point in the future-- I'd like to offer Hyped to Death, Homework, Teenline, or Messthetics CD-R comps to anyone who had to leave their music behind. Drop me a line when you're settled and I'll mail'em out.

There's also a number of 70s/80s NOLA musicians on H2D that I'm concerned about if any Goners know them/have seen them. Jeri Cain Rossi (Black Cat Bone / Red Wine Moan author), Steve Picou (Bas Clas, LA Music Commission), Spencer Livingston (Ballistics, SPACEgallery), Dave Gostl (Buns), Mark Bingham (Piety Street studios, Social Climbers/MX80/etc.), Rick Connick, John Stich, Darius Kalil etc. from the Men in Black/Wayward Youth crew; and given his lifestyle/life-story I should probably be wondering about Jerry Scruggs (August Sons) on his tube-amp farm over in Wiggins MS.

No need to bother any of them to get in touch, but if you've seen'em...
Thanks.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 10:57 pm

Also Jason Craft from th'late Metropolis shop.
Posted: Sep 3, 2005 11:02 pm

Friday, Bush , Inc. used the cover of the hurricane to launch a Fallujah-like assault on Tall Afar.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 12:39 am

Here is a Houston perspective from Preston Long, formerly of Wig/ Mule/PW Long. It was forwarded to me by a friend.

Subject
RE: Fw: Gulf Coast

Jess(girlfriend) is way closer to it then I am cause she's photo-ing the
Houston refugee situation for he Houston Chronicle and Associated Press
everyday. She's gonna pull an 8 hr shift at the Astrodome today after doing
a couple hours at the VA Hosp. I don't know. Nobody knows. The NOLA
situation is nowhere near stabilized with armed marauders and guerilla war
type conditions so there's no helping anybody there until the explosions and
toxification, etc subside. This is the best thing that could have happened
for Bush. Cindy Sheehan will never be heard from again, etc...I'm sure
donations will go to good use but what the situation needs desperately is
leadership and all that its gettin' is posturing from that grinning little
monkey. Most of the people showing up here are obviously the neediest and
most destitute and they're bringing this embittered sence of entitlement.
Houston offered the Astrodome for 23,000 people but the fire marshall
declared it at capacity at 11,000 as the busses were rolling up to the door
leaving 300 busloads of people in the parking lot last night. The peole who
were turned away from the 'Dome started wishing a hurricane on Houston, etc.
Ugly shit. The first bus that showed up was a 40 or 50-seater schoolbus
jacked by a twenty-year kid with 70 people in it. He said the cops in NOLA
told him to go ahead and take it...It's turing into an international
disgrace and anybody whose ever spent two weeks in NOLA outside of Mardi
Gras could have told you that this is exactly the way those peole would act
in this situation. I'v heard from a couple friends who are nowhere near
there right now. I don't really know anybody there who wouldn't have had the
means to evacuate early, only old neighbors that I never talked to again
after leaving there, etc. They say Fats Domino is missing. He rode the storm
out, was last seen on a balcony. Aaron Neville says his neices are
missing...fuck the media and their ability to make us all so dependent on
them for these episodic dramas that we gobble up to fill the yawning,
chasmatic voids in our barren souls....
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 1:10 am

I finally talked to my mom and sister this morning! My immediate family has made it out OK. My mom confirms her house was flattened and that she had insurance and some possibility of financing from FEMA might help her get a place pretty soon,she thinks.right now her and her boyfriend Bobby are staying at a motel 6 in Mobile. I still haven't heard from my Dad's side of the family yet,they also live in Gulfport.

I don't think this crisis is gonna be good for Fearless Leader-- a whole lotta people down there are pissed at him for taking his sweet time in adressing problems there,as well as doing too little too late by the time the shit has long since hit the fan and has stunk up the room. I worried about Cindy Sheehan (among other things!) being swept under the rug and this tragedy being used to prop up a big Dubya Hero Moment but i don't think it's gonna happen. I heard they didn't even broadcast his photo-op visit to Biloxi,that's how pissed folks are about him. Or so i've heard...
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 1:15 am

Other Coast News:The Sharkhead Souvenier Shop on Biloxi Beach has been total totalled,which means Marlon Seal (anyone know him?) is at the very least w/out a job at this time.

Still no word on Curtis.Marlon S.,Chip Lechner,Mozart Mark Dedeaux,Alex Feming,Jerry Paradiddle; the list of the absent grows.
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:34 am

Corrections:

"I heard they didn't braodcast his photo-op visit to Biloxi in New Orleans,that's how pissed folks are at him."

Alex Fleming,not "Feming".

That should clear things up.
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:55 am

Hey Chuck! Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know after I can get back into my home 4 months from now... if the H2D CDs are still there. It's too much to replace. I had 'em all!!!

Jason's alright and up in Memphis too.

I don't where all them other old fogies are at.
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 5:54 am

Joe- that is great news about your mom and sis. I will keep your dad's side in my prayers.
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:42 pm

IT ALL GOT LEFT BEHINDmyguitar collection,my studio gear,my gomputer
my late dads 1913 washburn improved 5 str banjo+guitar
(my first axe)+instrument collection ,and also hispapers+manuscripts+
priceless books,and my moms chalmette(also charbonnier,gardere+ duvic ) famlly hierlooms.
with my broken back+ma's 70yr oldness we couldnt carry much
more than andy the dog+thecat
im sleeping in a family members poolhouse+insect refuge w/the dog,
while 12-15 others are crashed in the big house'
if anyone has a spare guitar thry can lend to the cause;
writeme noizerus@juno. com for my sisters address
canned goods are neded s/a CANS A BIScuts
thanks georgy
/u]
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:50 pm | Edited by: george reinecke

[i[i]Bush to shoot all looters
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:56 pm

considering bush looted funds to repair the levees, shouldn't he be shot first?
Posted: Sep 4, 2005 8:36 pm

Good news on MC Gregory (From Kristen on MySpace):

He called me last night and told me he was in a shelter in Austin, TX. I'm not sure if he is alone, but i am going to try to find out. I want to make sure he gets into school. Anyone in Austin that could help would be amazing. I don't think a young child should be in a shelter alone.
He sounded fine, but said that he has never been surrounded by so many dead bodies. so sad.

Pat & Helena from the Mermaid Lounge are safe too.
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 4:25 am

Times-Picayune's Open Letter to the President:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/04/times.picayune.editorial/index.html
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 5:08 am

that editorial will most likely run in papers across the nation. fucking right on.
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 5:11 am

Pat & Helena from the Mermaid Lounge are safe too.

great news.... thanks for letting us know.
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 9:00 am

Jesus George Reinecke! That was downright painful to read. This whole damn mess has made me downright ill. Seriously, I haven't had a solid shit in 3 days... and I'm going ALL THE TIME. Are they pumping the city's swamp water into L.A.? Is that the next step in Bush's masterplan? Jaysus!

Billy Ferguson

SUPER P.S.!!!!!!!

SHASTA IS SAFE AND IN KENTUCKY WIT HIS MUDDA! He escaped with some neighbors Wed or Thur morning. He can't remember - says he hasn't known what day it is for what seems like a real long time. Lot's of people are glad to know one of New Orleans' best is standing tall.
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 11:45 am

i talked to MC GREGORY yesterday....he was in Austin laughing like crazy kid. told me got there on a big ass bird. look out Austin coffee shops....this kid will charm the pants off any and all yuppie whites. take care of my boi!
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 1:21 pm

Corner of Jackson and Magazine... steps from Winky's, Juan's. I still can't belive this.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/

Jay Morris and his girlfriend, Ester, are leaving this morning to try and set up a satelite Juan's location in Baton Rouge, so they can get back to work. Employee's get in touch to find out more prob. in a few days.
Love ya'll - Stephanie
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 2:06 pm

Corner of Jackson and Magazine... steps from Winky's, Juan's. I still can't belive this.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/[/i]
Two blocks from my old house on Magazine Street!

Right on on the Times-Picayune article.

Both Dubya and Michael Brown of FEMA should be drawn and quartered.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 12:51 am

Any word on John L. (Lacomb, I think). He's longtime New Orleans scenester. A friend of mine is worried about him.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 1:38 am

If anyone cares to come way up to the northeast, there's a cheap (for Cambridge!) apartment 2 doors down from me. 2 brs for $1K. Yeah, that's cheap for Cambridge, MA, especially after New Orleans. But the 'hood is pretty great.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 2:06 pm

brs for $1K. Yeah, that's cheap for Cambridge, MA

andrea, where in cambridge? my sister is paying more than that for a 1 br in davis sq. and had mentioned that she was looking to move.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 4:43 pm | Edited by: cococomas

Hey - I got this bulletin on MySpace -- don't know the person, but I know there's some NOLA folks looking here, so....

Body: Date: Sep 3, 2005 8:18 AM
Subject: Myspacer looking for family in Louisiana

I have family in the New Orleans area and Baton Rouge area of L.A.

We cannot get in touch with some memembers of our family and i need everyone who reads this to re-post and hopefully someone from around that area with internet acess can get back with me.

Im looking for a CJ and Mike Delise

They were located in the St. Bernards Parish when hurricane Katrina hit and were moved to the Shalmate Highschool shelter, which was LATER moved to te Fredric J Sigur Civic Center.

If anyone knows anything about anyone in these areas , shelters or anything about whats going on down there...

PLEASE CONTACT ME ON MY MYSPACE.

( <a href="http://www.myspace.com/todayismurder" target="_new" rel="nofollow">www.myspace.com/todayismurder</a> )

This is seriously not a joke

Please even if you dont know anyone re-post cause im pretty sure someone in LA has a freggin myspace.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPOST!!!!!
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 6:23 pm

andrea, where in cambridge? my sister is paying more than that for a 1 br in davis sq. and had mentioned that she was looking to move.

East Cambridge, right down the street from the CambridgeSide Galleria Mall. The area is where Boston/Cambridge/Somerville and Charlestown meet; it's pretty easy to get anywhere from there.

Rents are still generally outrageous in the Boston area, but my landlord spoke of going thru a realtor to rent out the place. There's at least four places for rent (including this one) on my street alone. People are going to have to come down in price if they want tenants.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 6:42 pm

my last apartment in boston was the last year of rent control. you might not believe it but a little more than a decade ago you could live on comm. ave in alston for less than $500 a month. prices were already through the roof when i left town 5 years ago.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 6:48 pm

evacuated via shark...now currently in hong kong meeting with officials to reduce the exportation of chinese crawfish to the united states. also, a big "fuck you" to the american red cross who pulled out cos' all the affluent folks were rescued and left us to burn, drown, get shot or commit suicide. me and brian are starting the hot pink cross to save people the next time disaster stikes. becarefull...the tsunamicane is next!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 12:48 am

this hurricane was totally gay!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 1:12 am

glad you made it ART! DAMN!
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:51 pm

glad you made it ART! DAMN!

I second that, brah! I was getting worried when I found out you had stayed in town, then I got MORE worried when I found out you were STILL in town (and in mid-city, no less) when all the aftermath shit was going down.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 11:59 pm

Anyone know if the Rock & Bowl is under water? So many memories...
Posted: Sep 8, 2005 3:17 am

finnark-Saw a photo of Rock&Bowltaken on 8/30. Water was up to the doors, email me and I will send the photo I have to you.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 5:30 am

BOONPARN docudrama photos:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/justlike_a_cat/

whoah.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 10:36 am

Louie was supposed to appear in Memphis Saturday, anyone seen him? I know he's okay, I just wondreed about his plans.

Alicja
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Louie's due in Memphis TODAY!
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 7:18 pm

like a muthafukin libary book!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 5:38 am

now the gore is getting sensationalized by the media
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 7:08 pm

Fucking ghouls.
Posted: Oct 7, 2005 9:19 pm

Hey Womb Raider--have you heard from Jess Goldfinch since your last post on this board? I'm a friend of her's and I am trying to find out if she is okay.
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm

please reread this.

FOUR YEARS.

I am so glad our friends made it, and hope you are doing well, wherever you are.

NEW ORLEANS WILL NEVER DIE.
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 10:39 pm

I reread it earlier. Still sad remembering.
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 3:24 pm

The worst part was watching my daughter scanning the faces in the Superdome on TV...looking for some of her kids she taught at McDonough 15...she knew they couldn't get out.
Although I'm glad her and Leh (and now my Grandson ) are living here, they sure left behind a cool life and some great friends.
Posted: Sep 1, 2009 11:38 am

sending love to nola :)
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 12:49 pm

please reread this.

FOUR YEARS.

I am so glad our friends made it, and hope you are doing well, wherever you are.

NEW ORLEANS WILL NEVER DIE.

Indeed
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 6:35 pm

Earl. Fiona. Gaston. Here come the jitters.
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 7:28 pm

Don't forget about I-gor! African Wave Train is in full effect!

Stay safe and know your coverages.
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 9:22 am

Yup, Earl's hitting Mass in the ass today.
Posted: Aug 29, 2013 10:44 am

You, know, because I re-read it every year...
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 12:27 am

Harrowing every time.
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Wow!! Seems like it was just yesterday.

Here comes Erika!! Florida, you're about to get wet.

Category-Comedy??? This is supposed to be funny?
Posted: Sep 29, 2015 10:17 am

eric o:
Harrowing every time.

Re-read this thread this morning - couldn't bear to do it on Katrina's 10 year anniversary. It's total insanity - I don't see how you New Orleans folks lived to tell the tale. King Louie had the hair standing up on the back of my neck recounting his Katrina experience last weekend at the closing ceremonies of Gonerfest 12.

Where is everyone now?

So...just crazy..that everyone was so worried about Alex, and he went through all this to die mowing his grass.

I've only been back twice since. LONG LIVE NOLA is about all I have to say.
Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®