Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Joe Hill Louis --- Phillips 78 on Ebay
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 1:56 pm

Posted: Aug 10, 2005 3:16 pm

If there ever were a "rare" record, this is it. Never seen it in Memphis (or anywhere else).
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 4:01 pm

And this one was found in a box full of broken 78s in freakin' Maine, of all places.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 4:04 pm

I really dig the Q & A that people are using for rare items.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 4:39 pm

last week i was talking to some cool old dude and he said he had sold this for 3 grand to the guy from Bear Family in the 70s. Record dealer exaggeration, maybe. we'll see how high it goes.

Boogie in the park is KILLER.

I was looking at Teftellers "world's rarest records" yesterday and none of 'em come near this- and had starting bids at 7 grand.

this one's gonna go higher than a rare reatards 7" with an alternate cover, you watch.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 8:05 pm

The best part about public Q&A on eBay is seeing all the jerkoffs trying to get the seller to end the auction early with a lowball offer. The Gyppo single that just ended had one of these. Unfortunately sometimes it works, like the Screaming Urge 7" I wanted to bid on that got cancelled about a week back because the seller was a sucker.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 8:07 pm

he started it at 4.95! and the other 78s he has up are still at 4.95. why wouldn't he take 500 bucks for it... luckily (or not) somebody clued him into what he had there.

whoo!
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 8:08 pm

Higher than the MOTO test pressing with Chad's dog's footprint on the cover?
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 5:04 am

1500 with almost 4 days to go... i swear, this is one of thee BIG ONES.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 5:35 am

Higher than the MOTO test pressing with Chad's dog's footprint on the cover?

I can't believe Miss Dee sold that! I don't even have a copy.

Sam, is this really true?
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 1:54 pm

$2,550.00 and counting.........
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 2:14 pm

She's got a heavy Snausages habit to support.

Remember that big heavy pusfilled growth on her head? I popped that!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:48 pm

$2650 and folks be gettin' jumpy:

Q: hello, my questions about this Joe Hill Louis record are as follows: when the winning bidder is shipped this record will they be able to return it for a full refund if it is not authentic-one can only assume it was pressed off of the correct master and not labelled wrong.does it have any cracks-especially hairline cracks that can occur in storage.how did you find it-"IS IT STORE STOCK NEW" out of the box or has it been exposed to weight on top off it and temerature extremes.it would not hurt to get a little record player and play it for some bidders. I WANT ASSURANCE OF 100% OF MY WINNING BID TO BE REFUNDED IF I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECORD PERIOD. CAN YOU GIVE ME THIS ANSWER. I HAVE BEEN BURNED BEFORE ON E-BAY!! LET ME KNOW THIS AND CHECK OFR SCRATCHES AND NEEDLE DROPS, ETC.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:41 pm

Hilarious:

Q: Hi, Is this an original? is it the material the breakable kind (shellac) or is it a vinyl (same as the 45's)? Thanks, Hans
Aug-11-05
A: Needless to say, I am NOT going to bend the record to see if it is vinyl. It feels pretty stiff, I would guess, it is shellac and breakable.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 2:10 am

Tefteller got it --- a bargain at $8300.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 2:21 am

Who's Joe Hill Louis? How many made? How old? Where can hear these trax? Cumstains on record?
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 4:53 am

i really thought it would go higher.

i was talking to (actually, getting talked at is a better description) tefteller last week and he said he'd go after it unless it got too crazy. he said he already had one copy.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 5:36 am

the more copies you have of the same record, the more rare it becomes for everyone else.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 6:39 am

exactly.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 8:25 am

Cumstains on record?

I'm sure if Joe Hill Louis' spunk was on the record that it would go for more. You bet! You could create Joe Hill Louie clones. Ahh.. the possibilies of cloning!
Posted: Aug 17, 2005 8:47 pm

a guy that writes a songtitle like "She May Be Yours (But She Comes To See Me Sometimes)" has to be a fuckin' genius anyway
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®