Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / MOst rad haircut youve ever had..!!?
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 11:19 am

i had a bowl cut when i was 8
i also had one o' them tails too.
Oh, and a sweet "spike" cut. man i felt awesome all 15 yrs old, and ridin a pink/peach colored mountain bike. RULIN' !!
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 12:36 pm

Reverse mohawk
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 2:31 pm

i had a short-long and let the back grow for about a year and a half, that was pretty rad
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 3:30 pm

When I was in 2nd grade, I was in love with a boy on my baseball team (the coach's son and a 4th grader). He had a mullet, so naturally, I got a mullet haircut and had it permed in the back to impress him. I cannot believe my mom listened to a 7-year-old tell her all about how she wanted her hair cut.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 3:37 pm

tonsure
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 3:44 pm

Once the lady who cut my hair in 10th grade admitted to me that she was best friends with the bassist for Little Feet. That was pretty rad.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 3:52 pm

i had afro puffs
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 4:04 pm

Long hair that turned into an afro on humid days.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 4:19 pm

when i was 4 or 5 i was living in austria and was at the barber one day. she snipped my right ear lobe with her scissors and there was blood every where. punk as fuck.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 4:21 pm

I once had lines shaved into the side of my head a la MC Hammer.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 4:23 pm

I don't beleive that.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 4:32 pm

admitted to me that she was best friends with the bassist for Little Feet.

I like how you phrased it "admitted to me" like it was a shameful secret.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 5:50 pm

No. 2 blade, all over, on my 25th birthday - when I woke up, there'd been a power cut, so I sat there in a cold bath, and thought, "Fuck it, I'll cut all me hair off", and went down the barber's (after donning some clothes, obviously!) ... A 6'4" skinhead wearing a leather jacket and bike boots did not go down well in East London, circa 1992, oh no ... I even got refused service in our local shop!
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 6:59 pm

Growing up in small town USA, I would regularly get good, decent, short haircuts from Stan's barbershop. Businessman's haircuts. Conservative. Respectable. Fresh. Honest. Short back and sides with a number three buzzer.

In the summer months I would get the shorter crew type cuts. Even got a military mohawk once as a kid and wore a hat every day until it grew out. That sucked.

I hated kids with bowl cuts.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 7:01 pm

I hated kids with bowl cuts.

That's funny cuz that's what you have now.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 7:15 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

And what do you have now? A terminal dandruffy hat head?
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 7:24 pm

My hair is awesome. I just wear a hat cuz it's so thick and sexy that if I wanna show it I gotta spread a dollop of Royal Crown pommade in it, and I'm already greasy enough without it.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 7:29 pm

In 1988 I cultivated a Mark Arm cut, when most of D.C. favored the Ian MacKaye militant pacifist do. I was so hot.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 9:07 pm

Speaking of Mark Arm, he showed up at a Doo Rag show I was at in San Francisco some years ago and he had his hair short in the back and on top and incredibly long on the sides like dogs ears. It was strikingly bad hair.
My best was the skater do that I had in the late 80s made by shaving one side of one's head and flipping the top to the other.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 9:38 pm

I never had this haircut but I want it (it would be even better on a black gentelman) grow your hair and beard very long (at least a foot when extended from your head) then dye it all yellow and shave everything off except a two inch strip that frames your face all the way around

now pull the hair out in spikes (like you're GBH, all the way around again) and fix it like that...if you are not black paint your face black

now go out into the world, Mr. Sunflower
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 10:43 pm

Mullet w/whitewalls! I know what you're asking yourself, and yes, it was sexy.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 12:43 am

This post is anti-topic, but....
One time (this was unfortunate) I really wanted the fly-backs/butt-cut thing; tre hip for '83. I believe this was a few days before sixth grade began.
Mom decided I should go to a "stylist". Prior to that, I pretty much went with the bowl cut or I was hauled down to Dad's barber, because my hair was so straight and thick.
Well, the stylist said "Yes, we can do that.", and proceded with applying small, tight curlers to the front of my head, and sprayed some stuff on there that smelled similar to a home-perm kit.
The stylist forgot about me, and then remembered all-too-late.
No matter how much the blow-drying, re-wetting, re-blow-drying, the end result was the same.
I had a bowl-cut with straight, thick, brown hair, and a fashion similar to a toy-poodle stuck to the front of my head.
It was awesome, getting on the bus, for the first day of school in the sixth grade.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 1:25 am

Ive basically had the same haircut for about 10 years, but around jr. high i had one of those where you get a bowl cut basically, then shave it underneith so the top long part lays over the bald part.
Is that some considered some kind of come down???
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:31 am

In high school, I gave myself my own home-made shaved head, only with scissors instead of a clipper. Basically, a shaved head with patches of hair sticking out all over it a la a mental patient. Really, really bad idea.

I also had my hair dyed black and sort of shagg/Cobain-ish long at one point around age 15, which I guess now would be considered trendy, but at the time made me look even more like a tard'.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 9:22 am

as of now, i rock the close shaven "nazi skinhead" type look. PLUS mustache!!!

P.S. rides are free..!!
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 9:40 am

dutchboy haircut. circa 1979.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 9:07 pm

I've owned all kinds of cars. Right now I own a Ferrari.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 12:22 am

Mine is a real shit-kicker. I just fixed er' up last night... Lookin' damn sexy...

#1 fine mullet:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1525/img01826yz.jpg

Doing the Doo:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5792/img01800rx.jpg

Before:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8251/img01789oa.jpg
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 12:36 am

In high school, I gave myself my own home-made shaved head, only with scissors instead of a clipper. Basically, a shaved head with patches of hair sticking out all over it a la a mental patient. Really, really bad idea.

I had a similar haircut -given to me by a drunken co-celebrant at our annual April Fool's birthday party. When I woke up, I thought I dreamed it and did that thing where you touch your head, and I was shocked to find my hair was gone. I had to get my drivers license renewed and for 4 years, I had a 1/2 a shaved head photo on my license.

I was working at Island Records at the time, and everyone looked at me like I had 3 heads. I mean... it was so NOT a straight job but still they made me feel like a total outcast.... and I was like... a boss and stuff.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 12:55 am

I've gotten some funny looks too, before I had it cut...It's pretty rough...What'dya think? Before or after? Which do you prefer?
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 1:13 am

i had one of those ones where the bangs were long and the rest was short back in 88.when i look of the pictures now,i think it looks like the gay kid from who's the boss
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 1:16 am

Jonathan??? He's a stud.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 1:18 am

What'dya think? Before or after? Which do you prefer?

I would have opted for something other than a mullet, dude!

This is what I think a good dude's hair cut is: it helps to have a nicely defined jaw

Even if you do NOT have a defined jaw, short hair is good

But I should talk. It's hard to let go of length:

here's my bad hair day hippie chick hair

and here is me with a fresh hair cut and blow-out no pictures however, of mental patient hair cut. That you'd have to get from teh CA DMV
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 4:39 am

in high school, i used to run kind of a charity hair salon (aka, lawn chair + my dad's clippers in the garage) for my punker friends, and this one day my one bud asks me to shave his head with a razor. not a problem, only i had no shaving cream, but that crazy f'er had me do it anyway. i think we were both too stupid to even soap up his dome, so i just dry shaved it (maybe i wet it down, don't remember, but def no soap or shaving cream.) oh man. bad idea. plus, michigan winter was just coming on, so the air was really dry. that poor guy. ouch!

in other news, i was voted 'loveliest locks' in high school for my flowing half hellenic curls, long on top, shaved bald underneath. word.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 5:13 am

J shaved the word "vicious" in after he shaved off all of my hair except for the short mohawk down the middle wherest the lettering resided.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 6:20 pm

I had a very short pageboy with the back of my neck shaved halfway up my head, with short little bangs, my hair was strawberry blonde at the time. It was hot.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 6:22 pm

J shaved the word "vicious" in after he shaved off all of my hair except for the short mohawk down the middle wherest the lettering resided.

Excellent
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 8:23 pm

I gave myself a mohawk the year I was sent away to boarding school in upstate NY. It was bitchin', especially combined with the long rat tail I had to go along with it. The headmaster was gonna expel me. My mom told him that if he did, they'd have to reimburse her for the full year's tuition, as the school rules didn't specify anything about non-acceptable hairstyles. Go mom!

They wound up letting me stay there. A week later, I shaved off my mohawk, anyway, after I realized I looked even dorkier than before. At 16, it's cool to look rebellious, but it's even better to have girls wanna have sex with you.
Posted: Aug 17, 2005 2:32 am

i had a mohawk at 16,and the chicks wanted to have sex with me.
i put it up NOX gelatin and never washed it,and it dreaded,and the chicks didnt wanna have sex with me anymore.
SCAB SQUAD FOR LIFE!!!
Posted: Aug 17, 2005 9:41 pm

I just saw a pic of an old friend (my friend was taking the pics at a wedding he attended) and he has a purple mohawk now. Pretty smokin'.
Posted: Aug 17, 2005 9:43 pm

Joe, I didn't realize that you actually resemble your namesake til I found you on myspace. perty funny.
Posted: Aug 17, 2005 9:54 pm

around jr. high i had one of those where you get a bowl cut basically, then shave it underneith so the top long part lays over the bald part.

I had that same cut for about a year in jr. high.

In elementary school I had something similar, except that the hair on top was a little longer, and I had steps underneath, ala my hero at the time, Mike Patton.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®