Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / We Repel Each other
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 9:31 pm

If you haven't downloaded the 2 Reigning Sound Live at the Goner Store, you should! The version of We Repel & Tenn. are fucking great. I can hear the vocals alot better than the album version!
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 9:34 pm

Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:49 am

that album should be banned, for kicking too much ass.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 10:15 pm

anyone hear Home For Orphans LP yet...Greg had some at their last show.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 10:49 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Just posted one more here.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 10:53 pm

Great! Sounds fucking perfect. You should post "do Somethin" if you got it!
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 10:54 pm

I mean really, these sound better than the Maxwell's!
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 10:57 pm

I don't think it's better, at all. Just different.
Maxwell's is raw, unadulterated, really pulls you into the moment. I totally recommend picking it up asap.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 11:02 pm

Don't get me wrong, the Maxwell's is fucking brilliant, I have listened to it quite a few times already! (just as every RS show ever played is!) Hometown shows are always kick ass though.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 11:03 pm

True dat.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 11:50 pm

Black Sheep is great! Yeah, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

even if it's wrong!
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 12:01 am

Here you go...
Do Something
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 12:06 am

And, here's one from the Buccaneer, too...
You Got Me Hummin'
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 12:10 am

EWWWWWW WHEEEEEEeeee!
great tracks brother!
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 1:59 am

mudhoney was in black sheep
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 3:15 am

how did you record these?

good work.
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 5:53 am

how did you record these?

1. Eric and Zac let us.
2. The Reigning Sound played excellently.
3. Another guy that posts sometimes, Luke Warm, and I have worked together for a long time. He's been doing studio work in town for about as long as I've been doing live recording. Probably longer. Luke and I put our gear together. He mixed it, actually, taking some of my incessant insight grudgingly. We are hoping to do Gonerfest II as well the same way, if the bands allow.
4. It might have entered his mind, but, I'm not sure Greg entirely knew he would be recording when he walked the store. We mentioned it to him at the Buccaneer, as I had the small set up. But between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, I don't know that he gave it a second thought.
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 5:57 am

do it! i wanna hear more! I'll pay $$$!
good work!
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 6:59 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Cool, man. If you get an e-mail from master (at) thesonsabitches.com, be not afraid. For, it is not spam.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 1:07 am

i haven't read anything in my bulk mail for year, hopefully nothing important is ever in there.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 1:10 am

kind of odd. I noticed that the IN THE RED website didn't have the Reigning Sounds tour dates posted on the TOURS page...I had to email them the list of dates, Larry posted them right away. Seems like the record label would know these things!
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 8:20 pm

Thanks to an acquaintance who lives in Chicago, and who attended the Wicker Park show, I got a copy of 'Home for Orphans' mailed to me last week. Gotta confess I'm not big on vinyl anymore, so I spent a night making a cd burn of it, and then settled in for maximum enjoyment.

It is good, real good, and although I guess I'd probably be praising just about anything RS-wise, it's even better than I thought it would be.

'If You Can't Give Me Everything' and 'Funny Thing,' for example, make for rich listening. Not just subtler arrangements, but great experiences in and of themselves (speaking in comparison to the Too Much Guitar versions, which I love, incidentally).

The one track I'd love to know a lot more about is 'Find Me Now.' A gut-puncher of a lyric. My wife was in tears. What was that recorded for -- and, more to the point, why wasn't it released? Wow.

Also, the vinyl had a different Side B than what's listed on the Sympathy for the Record Industry site. Will the cd version be different?

Many thanks, indirectly, to Greg for making this early version available to RS fanatics like myself. My only gripe: not enough songs!

But I can live with it.

Tony
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 10:46 pm

The one track I'd love to know a lot more about is 'Find Me Now.' A gut-puncher of a lyric. My wife was in tears. What was that recorded for -- and, more to the point, why wasn't it released? Wow.

That song was recorded for the first version of TMG.
It was pretty much a case of it not hanging so well with the tracks which eventually came out. Otherwise, it likely would have wound up on there.

It's a favorite of mine. Maybe Greg will reapproach this song with Mach II.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®