Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / What's the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a record store?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 2:00 pm

guy was embarrassed, confused, kinda bummed.

then somebody came in asking about captain & tennile records.

what is it about today?
Posted: Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Posted: Jul 21, 2013 8:59 pm

eye know
Posted: Jul 29, 2013 4:58 am

being the bill gates business cunt I am I thickly chose my NZ store premises just around the corner from the fuckhead needle exchange. Location, Location, Location, Cunthead.

Used to get the same alky mongo methhead cunt come in every week asking if we had any major accident ("nah mate but I can order it for you if you l"... but by then he'd already shuffled off) en route to his needle top-up. anyway one day he comes in sporting a motherfucking purple pastiche of a shiner, staggers in, drops 2 of his syringes by the fuckign counter then plonks down on a chair and proceeds to pass out with his head tilted back at a fycking impossible angle. I was too chicken to rouse him, or touch his needles, so he sat there for 2 hours. 2 fucking hours!

When he woke up, I was chatting with some other cunt but could see him out of the corner of my eye shadily fingering the DK's shirt hanging on the wall. Then I was sort of aware of him leaving, but saw my 5 yr old daughter walking out behind him. Looked over to the wall, DK's shirt gone, I ran outside and there's my daughter, who'd been watching the whole thing unfold, chasing the cunt down the street. She ran for all her little dwarf legs were worth for about 50 metres then gave up.

Poof!

Don't give up!
Posted: Jul 29, 2013 12:02 pm

I fucking love Sprague.
Posted: Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

cunt I am I thickly chose

love the antipodean lingo!!!
Posted: Aug 4, 2013 3:21 pm

U know u want summa daddy's dingaling. It may not be all that thick but it's hard & spunky and it'll slobber all up enya. You'll waddle off thoroughly ravished! The Royal Baby luvs to ride him sum derby whoresees.
Posted: Aug 4, 2013 4:17 pm

dumbest thing i've ever seen in a record store? stuff that's not for sale.
Posted: Aug 7, 2013 6:10 pm

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 6:42 pm

I worked the Nirvana Nevermind record release in-store. 'nuff said...
Posted: Aug 7, 2013 7:48 pm

What about record store messageboards?...yeah I'm with you on the stuff that's not for sale....come on.
Posted: Aug 7, 2013 8:53 pm

"I don't think I want these, so I'm just going to shove them wherever!"

Exactly.
Posted: Aug 7, 2013 10:52 pm

That link Jesse posted was great. The guy talks about how people watch shows like Pawn Stars and think their old records are worth tons of money. I watched an old guy get really pissed at the poor guy working at The End of All Music in Oxford for not wanting to buy his awful and in awful shape record collection.
I once went to a flea market and was delighted at buying a nice copy of Road to Ruin for 4 bucks. I saw a very crappy White Album for 50. I was telling my not really giving a crap wife what a rip that was. Then some dude bought it.
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 6:56 am

There's a small door on the 13th floor of the Sears Crosstown building where you can enter John Hoppe's mind. It's balefully miserable to endure the neverending gauntlet of gold-digging morons and crackheads that come in with their stacks of pissed-on 80s R&B albums that once belonged to "their uncle." But it also gives deep insight into the ascerbic wisdom of this Academy Award winning actor. And in the end, you get pooped out onto Brooks Rd.

PS Jaz Coleman lives in Iceland?
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 7:37 am

Here is the one dumbest conversation I remember.

"I am looking for Vivaldi's Four Seasons"

"OK. Sure, no problem. Did you know which Vivaldi's The Four Seasons you wanted?"

Looking at me like I was the biggest idiot on the fucking plant.

"Yeah the one by Vivaldi. I want Vivaldi's Four Seasons. BY VIVALDI"
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 10:59 am

There is so much dumb shit talking done in record stores...that trumps all the goons trying to sell their Perry Como and Michael Jackson 7 inch box sets that they "found" at Salvation Army drop off boxes.

It's usually some twenty something nobody shit in a half way okay band, targeting a more established musician in their 40s....the shit talking clerk or loiterer probably has no reasonable context to even realistically asses the musician in question...they just know that their band is way better, but so as not to be so obvious they go on an on about how some other nobody local shit band is so much better...

At this point in a perfect world the Kook-Aid man bursts threw the wall and gives the whiny nag an atomic wedgie and goes, "OH YEAH!"

I just call 'em like I see 'em...those nagging shits are my friends also....
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 11:25 am

Did you know which Vivaldi's The Four Seasons you wanted

at least he didn't say "Winter"...
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 12:37 pm

Did you know which Vivaldi's The Four Seasons you wantedat least he didn't say "Winter"...

Trying to explain that there was no recorded music when Vivaldi wrote The Four Seasons = good times...
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 2:57 pm

I once went to a flea market and was delighted at buying a nice copy of Road to Ruin for 4 bucks. I saw a very crappy White Album for 50. I was telling my not really giving a crap wife what a rip that was. Then some dude bought it.

Yeah, I had to explain to my stepdad once that his Stones LPs were never going to be valuable because there are still probably a million copies in circulation. There are two sides to the equation of supply & demand...
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®