Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / plastic letters
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 11:03 am

fucking hell. this band blows. i downloaded their album tonight on slsk. no fucking good. i am envious that they know nikki corvette. i wanna know nikki corvette. she's such a fucking goddess! what's with the nerves association? nerves guy produced the album? nerves suck! i never was a fan. they're annoying. doin' blondie? c'mon. cheesy!
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 11:05 am

naming a band after blondie is even cheesier and WEAKer than covering.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 11:14 am

this band has the worst singing i've ever heard. i dare you to find worse.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 3:22 pm

People who download records off of slsk have no right to bitch about anything. Fucking freeloaders. Even if the record does suck, you can shut it. douche.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:35 pm

with that logic if you heard a band
A) on the radio
B) from a mixtape someone made you
C) at someone's house when they played the record
D) from a dj at a club
E) at a show where you got in free
F) on one of those comp cd's cd/record stores have at their checkout counter
G) at the mall while you were shopping

you have no right to say anything bad about said band (the jury is still out on whether or not you can say something good)

sit in your wheelchair and cry, bossman
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Your logic is flawed Mr. Beef. Those instances of hearing a band/song are either incidental (randomly hearing it) or under circumstances where it is not unusual to hear music for free (clubs, shows, radio, etc.). In this instance (slsk), someone is intentionally avoiding paying for music and circumventing any usual channel or avenue to hear said music. It's not the same and you know it. shitbags who download stuff off of slsk only hurt smaller independent bands who actually need to sell 500 or 1000 records, such as the Schmenge Brothers.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:24 pm

are you trying to tell me that hearing music off the internet for free is an unusal occurrence...how is downloading something off slsk different than downloading something off myspace or a band's website

the only way it's different is if said band doesn't have mp3s up

and I pretty much have bought everything I dug that I downloaded off slsk...and didn't keep anything I hated on my harddrive
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:30 pm

I'd argue that people who don't use their real names/otherwise identify themselves shouldn't be allowed to post opinions on the Internet.

I wish I had soulseek so I could listen to new music BEFORE I buy it. This way I could have avoided spending 14 dollars on a Sexareenos CD or bought the Leather Uppers CD last year.

hurt smaller independent bands who actually need to sell 500 or 1000 records

I thought Albini demonstrated that record sales don't = $hit and that any real money came from touring -in which case, I think that soulseek/file sharing is an incredibly efficient way to publicize your shows and generate local support in a town that doesn't have a decent record store.

ps. Anybody want Mangina mp3s? I'll send them to ya, but the 7"s have great fucking artwork.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 6:05 pm | Edited by: clubber lang

i paid 3$ for the plastic letters record and it sucks.
so does that terrible germs/ screamers "twisted roots"
something fucking amazing shouldve came out of that collaboration.
fuckin hippies.

but i do think its a little psycho to go off on a record you got for nothing.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 6:17 pm

Yes, you are totally ethically wrong. You should be happy to contribute financially to any band that you've bought the said CD of, whether they deserve praise or not. You should never offer your own opinion of a recording artists work. This is unfair to the mediocre bands who will not sell any CD's if the public finds out there work is bad. You should always buy CD's on the good word of MTV and never listen to anything before you buy it.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 6:31 pm

shitbags who download stuff off of slsk only hurt smaller independent bands who actually need to sell 500 or 1000 records, such as the Schmenge Brothers.

I don't completely disagree with this, but it's the smaller independent LABELS, not the bands who are being hurt. Anybody who has ever been on a label that pressed up 500-1000 copies of your record knows that you don't make dick from it except a little exposure, and probably a few dozen free copies to throw out at shows. Obviously, the guy who is running the label out of his bedroom is the guy who needs to worry about "recouping" the money, not the garage rock band. Anyways, I thought this was a thread about how much The Plastic Letters suck, not an Ethics class.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 6:33 pm

ps- obviously if the band is self-releasing their own 45's (i.e, people in the band are paying to put it out), then yeah, THE BAND needs to sell X amount of records.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 6:39 pm

I LOVE THE SCHMENGE BROS
and think this thread should be about that now

and about how Guy Caballero isn't really paralyzed
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 7:41 pm | Edited by: paulyjerkface

Blondie covered the Nerves, not the other way around.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 7:41 pm

fucking hell. this band blows. i downloaded their album tonight on slsk. no fucking good. i am envious that they know nikki corvette. i wanna know nikki corvette. she's such a fucking goddess! what's with the nerves association? nerves guy produced the album? nerves suck! i never was a fan. they're annoying. doin' blondie? c'mon. cheesy!
Yes the Plastic Letters suck ass. Blondie coverd the Nerves, not the other way around.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 7:43 pm | Edited by: paulyjerkface

Yes the Plastic Letters suck ass. Blondie coverd the Nerves, not the other way around.

Wow, we just said the same thing at the same time. Let's fuck.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 8:28 pm

Schmenge Brothers are way better than Plastic Letters, whose LP does suck, whether on vinyl or MP3. Just trying to kill time at the office...who told you I'm not really paralyzed? Bobby Bittman? I'll shit-can that no-talent hack...
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 8:37 pm

actually it was Harry, the guy with the snake on his face...he saw you getting down with Lola Heatherton and knew nobody with those moves could be a cripple
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 9:40 pm

The Plastic Letturds DO suck and they also love to spam the HELL outta myspace, garagepunk.com etc...horrible.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 9:45 pm

Yeah, they are pretty goddamn bad. But they dress to impress, so 1000 people friended them on Myspace.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 10:21 pm

I went around saying I love the Plastic Letters for a week before I found out it wasn't even their album that I had heard. It was Keen Monkey Work. And it was a good way to make me look like an idiot. I've never heard the Plastic Letters LP and don't want to hear it.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 11:06 pm

you should hear it
then you can say it sucks
its tons of fun
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 12:06 am

Matt loves the Plastic Letters.
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 12:41 am

whoever mentioned how shitty the vocals are has it right on, cause they are godawful. not that a real singer would make it that much better, but he gets extra negative points for calling himself wreckless derek while sounding like lint, which is only cool if you're 14 years old and living in 1993.
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 12:10 am

what does lint sound like?
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 12:24 am

He means Lint, the singer from that shitty band Operation Ivy
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 12:53 am

they seem like a total myspace band...all about posing and bullshit..beats me how they got on a fuckin record label, a decent one at that...'just another shitty band'....power pop!right on dude!...fuckin fags
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 1:23 am

The power of the blowjob remains intact.
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 1:44 am | Edited by: Hugh Jass

He means Lint, the singer from that shitty band Operation Ivy
Now to brand myself a total dork even more than before.... Lint (aka Tim Armstrong) was the guitar player for Operation Ivy, not the singer. He's now the singer/guitarist for Rancid. And he also runs that shitty Epitaph Records subsidiary, Hellcat.

In 1987, I got to drive Operation Ivy from Gilman to a warehouse in West Oakland. I sure thought they were the shit back then. In 2005, I wouldn't piss on Rancid if they were on fire.
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 3:42 am

For the amount of hype they give themselves, it's hilarious how bad the record is.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 9:30 am

Alicja Trout is on their site wearing a their shirt. SO WEAK! I read their interview and it said paul reject was writing some shit with them. What? Don't fuckin' lower yourself! Fuck the Letters! Who's The Outlets? Letters cover their "knock me down". I've got zero clue as to who they are. Nikki Corvette shoula stolen these fuckers $$$ and made another album. It's about fucking time she put out more stuff. Her ep that came out in 2003 or whenever ranks right up there with her old stuff.

Why do all the punk girls who comment on band's pages all have tons of eyeshadow/mascara all around their fucking eyes, fucking razor cuts and tight pants? I swear it's all the same girl. fucking clones, man, fucking clones! i'm sick of those fucks. I don't see why they all gotta look the same. It gets fucking old. The same goes for pin-up girls and rockabilly idiots. Fuck that shit! It's been done to death. Give it a rest. You're not original, you just care about stupid fucking fashion.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 9:33 am

Here's their fucking link http://www.myspace.com/plasticletters You'd be better not going there since it's all shit and a waste of your time when you could be listening to something worthy.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 9:54 am

Know what else has been done to death? Your agenda.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 7:42 pm

I read their interview and it said paul reject was writing some shit with them. What? Don't fuckin' lower yourself! Fuck the Letters!

I never wrote anything with or for them & don't plan on it. Derek just asked me to a couple years ago & I said maybe I would send them a tape, but I decided not to... they wouldn't even come close to fitting with their own anyways.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 7:57 am

feckin' feyggits...
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 8:10 am

our next record is gonna be all oblivians/teengenerate/reatards covers.. so you will all bow to us
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 9:46 am

That really is too bad that they blow this badly - that's a damn fine Blondie album.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 10:36 am

I LOVE PLASTIC LETTERS! I get up 1/2 hour early each morning to write cute phrases on the fridge.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 1:12 pm

SHUT IT LIL BITCH
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 2:39 pm

Who's The Outlets? Letters cover their "knock me down". I've got zero clue as to who they are.

Seriously dude, the fact that you don't like the Nerves pretty much invalidates your musical taste in my mind, but writing something like that makes you look like a clueless simp. So it sucks to cover a song you've never heard of?

I met the guitar player of this band over the weekend and he was a really cool guy who was super knowledgeable about music for a 22 year old. I don't know jack shit about "Wreckless Derek" but do think his voice isn't the best for power pop. Their record is nowhere near as bad as the Demons Claws or that Harlan T Bobo crap I'm sure so many of you love. Some of the songs are actually pretty good if you can get past the voice.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 2:46 pm

Also next time you talk shit, how about doing so under your real name? Or saying things that you would actually say face to face? It's okay to say a band sucks and then move on, but to repeatedly bash them from the comfortable annonytimy of your computer screen tells me you are a sackless, sad little man who gets off on putting others down.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 3:46 pm

too bad man. who cares? i don't like the nerves. so what? i'm not turning back and gonna say i like 'em now just because you do. people don't always like the same music. big deal. you quoted the outlets and then talked about the nerves. still, who are the outlets? the "knock me down" junk is one of the better off their record. i didn't say the members were bad people. c'mon. don't like the record. won't recommend it. so you dig that samantha fox "touch me" record or what?
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 5:18 pm | Edited by: SinglesGoingNowhere

Anyone ever see Samantha Fox in Celebrity Skin...that was a good issue.

And isn't Derek like 25?
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 7:30 pm

And isn't Derek like 25?

He's talkin about jimmy, who I second as being an extremely cool guy. Speaking of the outlets did they ever put out an album? I just have knock me down off this mass ave comp.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 8:29 pm

is this the OUTLETS from boston you guys are talking about? i think they did have an album. i'm sure of it. can't remember what it was called, though
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 8:30 pm

Posted: Jul 28, 2005 8:56 pm

UUH has anyone heard them live, maybe it is better?
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 9:20 pm

let's get back to the plastic letturds...

they suck
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 2:48 am

We've decided to become an all OPIV cover band. Oi Oi Oi
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 2:49 am

OPIV meets Catholic Boys
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 2:56 am

"Sam is currently researching and writing her autobiography, undoubtedly a best seller. This book will contain the truth about the fascinating life of Samantha Fox. From humble beginnings, to worldwide fame and all before the age of 18. Her story is one of humour, glamour and heartache. Her story is the road to fame and the struggle to survive. Sam will set the record straight about the many misconceptions, myths and travesties surrounding her life, work and image."

-The Official Samantha Fox Website
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 4:04 am

about their band name, made me think of fridge magnets, and I like those things.
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 6:30 am

What's all this I hear?
Posted: Jul 30, 2005 6:16 pm

i dare all you to put your money where your mouth is and turn up at our shows on tour.. just lemme know who you are and i'll even put you on the list.. that way you dont waste your money...
Posted: Jul 30, 2005 6:17 pm

oh but that would take too much time away from you eating cheetohs and being losers on the computer..
Posted: Jul 30, 2005 6:27 pm

...AND, my lvl 6 dwarf thief has a mace +5 damage. I got that in "Return to Undermountain". Pretty sweet. He also has Darkvision +8.
Posted: Jul 30, 2005 6:45 pm

WAIT.... the Schmenge Brothers are going on tour?

and will put me on their guest list?

where are they playing in Arizona, I WANNA GO!
I'll just bring my bag of cheetos and orange crusty palm pilot too.
Posted: Jul 30, 2005 7:20 pm

NICKNAMES: Sammy or Tiger
DOB: Fri April 15, 1966 (32 yrs old as of this posting)
BIRTH PLACE: Mile End -- London, U.K.
(About 4:30 am at Mile End Hospital)
Height: 5'1"
Weight: Slim
Measurements: 36D-23-31 (At peak of her modelling career)

FATHER: Patrick John Fox
MOTHER: Carole Ann (Wilken)
* Mother and father are divorced *

SISTER: Vanessa
HALF-SISTER: Frederica (Freddie), daughter of Patrick and his new partner
NIECE: Laura (born 1995) - daughter of her sister - Vanessa.

ASSETS: Use to own a wine bar, clothing line, race horse and
cosmetics line. (not anymore)
NET WORTH: 5.5 million pounds. (U.S. Currency = ?)
1986 Income: She made over $500,000 U.S.
Page 3: She received 35 lbs an hour for Page 3 modelling.

DRIVING: Drives a black BMW.
Failed drivers test 3 times.
Likes to drive fast.

PETS: At 21 years old, Mom gave Sam a little monkey named Norman.
Sam is the proud owner of two cats (Arnie and Teddie) now.

PIERCING: It has been reported that as of Feb/96 she had her
belly button pierced.

EXCERCISE: Until she was 21, she could eat anything. Today she
sticks to 1,000 calories a day. She also works out
for 2 hours, 4 times a week.

IDEAL ROMANCE: Those of the kinky variety, mainly skin heads and other
assorted punks. She is into true love and romance,
not promiscuity. She likes a man who is fit and has
a good sense of humor.

MOVIES: She enjoys renting videos of horror films like Halloween
and Nightmare on Elm Street, or thrillers like Jagged
Edge and Witness.

MUSIC: She use to buy WHAM records. She likes Billy Idol,
Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, old disco, and euro-rock.

CLOTHES: She loves leather.

SHOPPING: She is fond of picking up erotic items in novelty shops.
On a trip to LA's trendy Melrose Ave shopping center,
she bought a tiny camera which contained pictures of
scantily clad young men.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 6:47 am

i love samantha fox.

OPIV meets Catholic Boys

good one.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 4:23 pm

That's some really fascinating stuff about Ms Fox. Seems she's a real cockney, born within earshot of the Bow Bells. Someone deliberately drove into me on my bike outside Mile End hospital just a few short weeks ago. Gawd bless the East End.
Posted: Jan 13, 2006 9:59 pm

naughty girls need love too
Posted: Jan 14, 2006 12:49 pm

MIIIILLL-YUUUNNN MIIIILES A-WAY!

TWICE! (really) ick
Posted: Jan 14, 2006 1:44 pm

you know what i really wanna do is stick my dick down that sam fox girl's throat and right as i'm gonna cum shoot up and then as i'm cumming my dick is all the way down in her lungs. that would be almighty.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 4:42 am

I'm really digging the Plastic letters record. 1/3 the songs aren't anything great but 2/3 the songs are really infectious, rad, upbeat and a joy to listen to. Shit like Don't Tell your Boyfriend, Secret Admirer, Saying Goodbye, Sing to Me, When She walks By. Good shit. Fuck the ones who trashed their record. You tards.

Good record. Myspace is still gay though.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 8:46 am

3 months later...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 11:58 am

When I was out in LA a month or whatever ago, I was talking to some folks at the bar and Derek walked up & said "hey, what's up?" and then the whole bar scattered away from me like roach from light.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 12:01 pm

so'd you like fuck or what?
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 4:58 pm

Derek walked up & said "hey, what's up?" and then the whole bar scattered away from me like roach from light.

Some things never change.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®