Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Speaking of RocknRoll Greatness...
Posted: Jul 16, 2005 9:12 pm | Edited by: Matthew

Dungen.
I'm calling in sick to the stink-drenched Siren festival today as I already saw the only band worth seeing DUNGEN on the Siren bill Thursday night @ Maxwell's. T-Total Rawk for all those who think they thought they saw what they think they saw but can't and won't swear to it at least not to those they're not so sure about.
Flutes-Yes
Sing-alongs-Yes
Robert Plant footage a must.

TaDetLungt.
Posted: Jul 16, 2005 9:13 pm

p.s. need I add, go see them.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 7:48 pm

i wanna get all flooty.

wait, does "flutes" mean more than one flute onstage at a time?

whoah!
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 7:54 pm

Can you get Bon Scott's flute band? I saw a clip somewhere once, and would like to find out more.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 7:58 pm

Maybe it was a recorder. Not sure. Pipe on lips band.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 8:17 pm

No, they were drinking champagne on stage. That's fucking sweeeede.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 8:49 pm

i think it was a recorder.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 9:10 pm

probably a recorder...

As early as grade school, Bon had shown an affinity for music, first playing recorder in school; he would subsequently have brief flirtations with piano and accordion, before settling on drums. Bon took his first tentative steps as a performer at the age of twelve, playing a recorder duet with a classmate at a school concert and banging the drums alongside his father in the local Caledonian Society's Scots pipe band.

from acdccentral.com
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 9:10 pm

Just one flute. Played w. so much proficiency.(no relation to Doug Flutie)
paired w. his guitar, organ, vocal skills, and limitless charisma points on stage + the overall rockingness of the rest of the band the sound is like nuttin I ever heard. It was a double twenty sided dice show for sho'.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 9:11 pm

It was a double twenty sided dice show for sho'.

Order it. Now. It's mine.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 7:09 pm

it's funny, when i first brought up dungen on this board, the only response was someone saying it was some kind of boring swedish hippy band.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:37 pm

looking forward to seeing them tonight.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:41 pm

arman, what time are they on tonight? i figure i'll be home from work and walking up western around 11:15 ish.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:48 pm

i'm not totally sure of the set times, but lichens is the only opener and he plays for 20 or 30 minutes. i'd say getting there at 11.15 is a good call.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:13 pm

if the cta is a willing partner i should make it there in time. did you hear any of the oxford collapse saturday? they were the reason i came but left me kind of disappointed. the stuff i'd heard from them was more untamed and chaotic but the live set only approached that, they never seemed to bust loose. then the intonation refugees started drifting in so i drifted out.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:25 pm

nope. i was at the booty que.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®