Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hot Dog Stats
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 3:37 pm

The HR dept. at my work just e-mailed these interesting hot dog stats in honor of National Hot Dog Month:

-Over 7 billion hot dogs will be eaten by Americans between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

-During July 4th weekend alone, 155 million are downed.

-The term "hot dog" is credited to cartoonist Tad Dorgan. At a 1901 baseball game, vendors were yelling "Get your dachshund sausages while they are red hot!". He sketched a cartoon, but wasn't sure how to spell "dachshund", so he called them simply, "hot dogs".

-Americans eat an average of 60 hot dogs each.

-For the record, the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council refer to the actual meat as "specially selected meat trimmings".

-Mustard is the condiment of choice for adults, while children prefer ketchup. Preferences do change from region to region. Hot dogs in NY are generally served with a light mustard and steamed onions while in Chicago they can come with mustard, relish, onions, tomatoes, or pretty much anything at all.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 8:23 pm

7 billion hot dogs
Really???? That's a damn lot!
Americans eat an average of 60 hot dogs each.
Not me! I average maybe 7-10.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 8:57 pm

I, Chris Martel, command that hot dogs be refered to as "Soul Fingers" from this day forward.
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:01 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

WOAH!!! The Thing With Two Heads meets Muddy Spear are on the www. watch me eat a SoulFinger .com home page!

NEATO!!!
Posted: Jul 15, 2005 3:02 pm | Edited by: eric o

"watch me eat a soul finger" sounds X Rated.

yuck.

NEAT-O, however, is deserving of massive play amongst the yoofs. great term.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®