Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Reigning Sound Tour Dates?
Posted: Jun 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Is there any offical tour dates posted anywhere for the Reigning Sound, I only hear about their upcoming shows by chance. There hasn't been an update on the offical web page for over a year. Anyone out there know what's up.
I know they are playing a free show at Goner! Too bad I'm 13 hours away.
Posted: Jun 18, 2005 11:21 pm

ticketweb.com is where they are posted
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 8:48 pm

All date for July 1 through July 10 will include the Tough and Lovely. Additional acts noted on date.

June24 Nashville- Grimey's
June25 Memphis- the Buckaneer w/ Dutch Masters
June26 Memphis- instore @ Goner

July 1 Chicago- Subteranean
July 2 Green Bay- eagle's club w/ Catholic Boys & Mystery Girls
July 3 Cleveland- Beachland w/ Bassholes
July 4 Detroit- Magic Stick w/Spaceheaters
July 5 Columbus
July 6 Cinncinnati
July 7 Athens, OH.
July10 Asheville- Gypsy Moon
July14 Atlanta- The Earl
July15 LOOKING FOR A GIG IN ATHENS, GA. ANY LEADS?
July16 New Orleans- Wayne County Rambling Movie release w/The Lyres
July31 Chicago- Wicker Park festival

Aug19 NY- Southpaw
Aug20 Hoboken- Maxwells
Aug22 Boston
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 8:51 pm

aw man, we're playing in atlanta the same night as you guys! now nobody is gonna come to our show.......
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 8:52 pm

Gah! No Milwaukee show!
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 8:57 pm

Any chance of making it out west in the fall? Phoenix?
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:01 pm

West coast??? Keep it comin'.
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Hey Greg, I'm looking into two possibilities for an Athens, GA show for you. If the date is available, I'll get in touch.
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:10 pm

I'm pretty sure The Bassholes are not playing the Cleveland show.
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:19 pm

Isn't there a full tour with the Detroit Cobras at some point in late September/early October too?
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:20 pm

great news on the atlanta show! thanks for coming down. going to be in chicago over 4th of july so at least 2 RS shows in 2 weeks. hopefully something will work out for athens too.
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Where in Cinci?
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:22 pm

^Northside Tavern^
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:32 pm

Thank you very much!
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 9:33 pm

Free show = more booze $!
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Posted: Jun 21, 2005 10:28 pm

West coast??? Keep it comin'.

word!
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 10:29 pm

Any chance of coming up to Toronto at the end of August? I'm sure they'd love to see you in Montreal as well.
Posted: Jun 21, 2005 11:47 pm

Any chance of playing Milwaukee on 7/29 or 7/30 ?

ps ED did you receive the package i sent ?
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 12:11 am

Don offered to have the bassholes jump on the Clev. bill cause he was gonna be in town. This was last week. Totally up to him if he decides not to. Would be good to see them though. Full 5 week US tour coming up in Oct.-Nov. Every nook and cranny will be tended to.
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 12:14 am

how about the nook (or is it a cranny?) directly above Seattle known as Vancouver, BC?
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 12:18 am

Southpaw! Allright!
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 3:04 pm

bassholes in cleveland with RS would be a great show.

please make it so!
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 3:52 pm

The RS should do Sleazefest in Chapel Hill, NC on Aug 12-13
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 4:10 pm

Any chance of coming up to Toronto at the end of August? I'm sure they'd love to see you in Montreal as well.

we'd love to see them in Ottawa as well
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 4:44 pm | Edited by: Darrell Strawberry

athens, ga aint the greatest place to play. its a university town and can be pretty empty in the summer. valery, if you need some help promoting / booking this show let me know. im northeast of atlanta, pretty close to athens.

darrell.stephenson at gmail
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 5:52 pm

The RS should do Sleazefest in Chapel Hill, NC on Aug 12-13

YES. They should.
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 7:00 pm | Edited by: ed oblivian

We'd love to do sleazfest and have actually already been contacted to do so but our bass player is in Portland that weekend. I've played my share of summer Athens gigs in the past. I know we won't be able to tap our huge frat/sor. fanbase but, what the hay? Just kiddin',we're happy to play to the locals and see freinds I haven't seen in a while. That's enough reason for me. And, it's on the way(sorta) to NO. If this doesn't work out I'm open to suggestions for another city(that's not out of the way) en route to NO.
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 7:03 pm

Now how about playin' Indianapolis on yer fall tour??? I can set it up for ya...
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 7:33 pm

Boy I sure hope you play to a sell-out crowd of friends in Austin at Beerland instead of a large 'full' room at Emo's. In my world, the closer you are to the floor, the more fun you will have.

I DO hope Austin will be on the RS Winter Nook & Cranny Tour!
Posted: Jun 22, 2005 7:36 pm

Don offered to have the bassholes jump on the Clev. bill cause he was gonna be in town.

Hope so. I thought Bim said they couldn't do it, but hopefully that's changed. A rare pleasure to see those fools. And they should be extra-tight cuz of that European tour.
Posted: Jun 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 3:13 pm

jackson, ms is more on the way to new orleans than athens. and all the frat kids summer here.

drop me a line if athens falls through. wwilliams AT tra DOT net.
Posted: Jun 25, 2005 3:00 pm

GREG:
<br>
<br>Please e-mail me in regards to a show in Montreal when you folks get around to booking that full US Oct/Nov tour. I heard that you had a pretty shit crowd up here a few years ago when the Compulsive Gamblers played at the Jailhouse, but that was a really terribly promoted show done by a cokehead who is completely out of the show game in Montreal now, and way more people go to shows here than five years ago. I've put on a few shows for some Goner friendly bands in last couple of years (Lost Sounds, King Khan & BBQ, Mystery Girls, Catholic Boys, etc..) and all have had really good crowds, made money and had a great time up here. Anyways, get in touch if you're interested: XXXXX@XXXXXX
Posted: Jun 25, 2005 6:35 pm

ed: We'd love to do sleazfest and have actually already been contacted to do so but our bass player is in Portland that weekend.

No secret that we'd love to have you guys -- anytime -- in the piemont (NC). Only ~4 hours from Asheville....

Been growing the fan-base and they're hungry!
Posted: Jun 29, 2005 4:11 pm

<i>Please e-mail me in regards to a show in Montreal when you folks get around to booking that full US Oct/Nov tour. I heard that you had a pretty shit crowd up here a few years ago when the Compulsive Gamblers played at the Jailhouse, but that was a really terribly promoted show done by a cokehead who is completely out of the show game in Montreal now, and way more people go to shows here than five years ago. I've put on a few shows for some Goner friendly bands in last couple of years (Lost Sounds, King Khan & BBQ, Mystery Girls, Catholic Boys, etc..) and all have had really good crowds, made money and had a great time up here. Anyways, get in touch if you're interested: XXXXX@XXXXX</i>
<br>
<br>go montreal!!!! I know you guys got approached by every promoter in town, but here's us : <a href="http://www.bonsound.com," target="_new" ref="nofollow">www.bonsound.com,</a> we're the rock and roll!
<br>
<br>(oh razor shines rock out as well!!!)
Posted: Jul 6, 2005 9:17 pm

Posted: Jul 6, 2005 9:30 pm

It's ALL about Saturday shows at Maxwell's. Hallelujah!
Posted: Jul 6, 2005 9:35 pm

is mad planet in milwaukee the place that looks like somebody's parents basement bar? if it's the same place i saw the black keys there a year or two ago and the crowd was horrible.

i wonder how much a bus ticket to milwaukee costs?
Posted: Jul 6, 2005 9:36 pm

I get a Saturday show too (Phoenix), and a Friday, Halloween night in Tucson. Stoked!
Posted: Jul 6, 2005 10:01 pm

Some of these dates are definitely off...

Here are some of the dates that are already on sale and are diffrent from what's on the site. I'm totally confused now.

10/14 The Middle East in Cambrige, MA
11/11 The Troubadour in West Hollywood, Ca

I already got my tickets for the 11th. Still trying to get added to the bill, maybe we can open and I can give away my tickets.
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 5:46 am

Asheville,NC on Sunday, I'm there
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 8:10 pm

ye olde pitchfork has dates for the detroit cobras/reigning sound

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-07/08.shtml#detroit
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 8:14 pm

Damn! No Canadian dates. And I hope to god The Reigning Sound are headlining that tour.
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 8:21 pm

And I hope to god The Reigning Sound are headlining that tour.

i highly doubt it. your right on the money though.
Posted: Jul 9, 2005 8:12 pm

photos from the Eagles Club in Green Bay, Wis here
Posted: Jul 9, 2005 9:05 pm

Asheville, NC on Sunday, I'm there

Ditto.
Posted: Jul 9, 2005 9:16 pm

i was hoping to go to the one in nola on the 16th,but an ankle injury has kept me out of work,and a hurricane is probably going to blow my savings out in the gulf,so i'll have to catch them at the rockening.
Posted: Jul 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Any word on the potential Athens show on Friday??
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®