Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / How do you feel about Tom T. Hall?
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 3:19 pm

Man, I love this guy... I caught myself walkin' around singin' "I Love" this mornin'.... The lyrics to that one are so stupid they're genius!!!

I love little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, sunday school in may,
And hay
And I love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends, birds in the world, and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups, bourbon in a glass, and grass and I love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child, tomatoes on the vine, and onions
I love winners when they cry, losers when they try, music when itís good, and life
And I love you too
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 3:21 pm

i don't love anything.

except time bomb high school which has been on my turntable for about 10 days straight now. i fucking love that record if nothing else.
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 3:24 pm

glub...glub...glub
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 3:25 pm

Yeah, I had Too Much Guitar on for about 10 days straight.... I'm actually pissed I don't have it with me today. I think I could stand listenin' to that right now.... At least to flush out the Hall that's runnin' rampid in my head....

I've now moved on to "I LIke Beer"...... WHY, TOM, MUST YOU INVADE MY BRAIN?!?!???!
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 3:40 pm

Don't for get your "Fox on the Run", now...
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 3:47 pm

Tom's duet with Dave Dudley "Day Drinking" is a great tune.
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 4:01 pm

Yup.... makes me wanna light up a smoke.... throw some steaks on the grill and get shit faced!
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 5:25 pm

That song is driving me crazy, I gotta hear it again!
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 5:31 pm

how do i feel about Tom T Hall..? I would never "feel about" with or on Tom T Hall. Grrrrooooss!!
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 5:38 pm

'That's How I Got To Memphis'
Awesome.

His liner notes are always funny, too.
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 6:11 pm

That song is driving me crazy, I gotta hear it again!

Welcome to my hell! HAHHAHAH Fuckin' Tom T. Hall is ruinin' my concentration at work.... oh wait, me fuckin' around on Goner is a problem too... Shit. Work or goof off with Tom T. Hall posts....?
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 6:34 pm

'That's How I Got To Memphis'

One of my favorite Tom T. songs, for sure.

The Year Clayton Delaney Died, Ballad of Forty Dollars, and Sneaky Snake rule.
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 7:42 pm

Somewhere I've got a Tom T Hall childrens album. I swear he's drunk on every song.
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 7:44 pm

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 3:24 am

i posted something about tom t hall. i can't remember who said he was gonna send me some, but he never did. damn it. help!
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:18 am

whatever happen
to Rev it up Dan????
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:26 am

i posted something about tom t hall. i can't remember who said he was gonna send me some, but he never did.

That was me. I'm behind on a lot of stuff (took a job that has me working crazy hours...not much time to do anythin right now.) I still gotta catch up on filling some waaay behind Black Time orders. After that hopefully your Tom T. Hall mix will be one of the things I can get to.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Sneaky Snake.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:33 pm

Watch your root beer, motherfucker. Watch it.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 7:22 pm

I saw Tom T. play in Nashville a few years ago, and he told the crowd "Just remember: there's no such thing as a safe drug or free pussy."
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 7:45 pm

Gram Parsons did Tom's "I Can't Dance" on Grievous Angel.....I like it
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 7:57 pm

I like Beer.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 8:43 pm

i'm hooked on Guy Clark now, too. anyone know anymore past Heartworn Highways about this dude. btw, if you haven't seen that, SEE IT!
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 8:44 pm

oh, thanks, Dale. take your time, man. no rush.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:11 pm

Check out Turn it On Turn it On Turn it On- a great lp and song about an unremorseful serial killer. The lp also has She Gave her Heart to Jethro ( and her body to the whole damn world) with all the great nashville session players.
Also, a lot of the best Dave Dudley stuff is written by Tom T.- he has a novel, too, though I haven't read it.
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 8:41 pm

This is an old ass thread, but I bought a Tom T. Hall LP today ("For the People in the Last Hard Town") and it's treating me pretty good...
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 8:52 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 8:53 pm

TEXAS LAW SEZ
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:34 pm

I only know one song, "I Hope it Rains at My Funeral", but it's a fuckin' classic.
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:51 pm

i'm hooked on Guy Clark now, too. anyone know anymore past Heartworn Highways about this dude. btw, if you haven't seen that, SEE IT!
i have a couple of tom t halls and a couple of guy clark

hall's great; clark is a great songwriter but i never got the rave reviews (jimmy dale, townes van) that he elicited from dudes i love

and i love townes

RIP
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:51 pm

Tom T hall is fucking great. This is one song that i like to sit around and just butcher on the guitar.
hookorcrook
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:05 pm

love tth. if roger miller is stuck in my head he's the only thing that will get him out. i like 'homecoming' a whole lot.
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:09 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:10 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:14 pm

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:16 pm

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 11:31 am

Lovingly!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®