Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Eagles Reunion
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:11 am

Joe Walsh is wearing Zubaz
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:14 am

What's Zubaz?

I hear the DC Snipers love the EAGLES soooo much, they're gonna cover "victim of love" at there next show! I can't wait!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:16 am

Remember Skidz?
big hammer type pants with zebra print or various other 'fierce'urban pattern
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:20 am

oh yeah!!! That's terrible. C'mon Joe....
It's just like the kid in Heavy Metal Parking Lot with that damm halarious zebra body suit , only 50 years older!

HEE-HAWW!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:21 am

Madonna's a Dick!!owww
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 4:58 am

today in the mail, a magazine from Costco (yes the discount chain store) arrived. Who's on the cover? The Eagles. Yeah - Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh et al. No, I didn't read it. Its just..... what has rock n roll come to? Joe Walsh used to be cool.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:18 am

My friend actually wrote a song about Zubaz.

Yes, the chorus was "Zubah bah bah", but i can't really remember the lyrics. It was retarded.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:04 pm

Joe Walsh did used to be cool. He single handedly saved the Eagles from being a Patrick Swayze movie. Even pants from the Merry-Go-Round can't erase The James Gang. but I was struck after watching more that it wasn't the Eagles @ all. Joe Walsh is actually Bill Maher, Don Henley is my buddy Tim when he's hungover(it'd b funny if you knew him), Glenn Frey is that guy you end up drinking with in an unfamiliar bar in Nashville...the ex-cop who owns a flower store, and the bass player is totally Skeletor. Those guys really get around.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:06 pm

Worst band ever.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:08 pm

Best Worst band ever
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 3:38 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

My dad talks to Joe Walsh on HAM radio.

I think he's talked to Art Bell before too.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 3:41 pm

that's cool! does Joe Walsh talk in a vocoder voice about his Mazeradi? prolly not.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 3:53 pm

All I can say after flipping past their show on tv last night is:

GMILF
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 3:53 pm

Mmmm... HAM.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 4:22 pm

man, i had a really shitty day and i hate the fucking eagles
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:21 pm

Best Worst band ever

exactly!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:22 pm

Hey, take it easy.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:29 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

I'm sure the faces Walsh made while playing guitar was reason enough to watch this.

I've never actually heard him talk on "HAM" or whatever you call it (amateur radio?) but i'm sure he's goofy.

And I agree that they're the best worst band ever. I always found if odd that they got tagged southern rock. Aren't they from California?

The bass player DOES look like Skeletor! whoa!

Take It Easy is a fun song to sing.

I just wrote WAY too much about The Eagles.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:40 pm

Chris you fucker, I was just getting ready to quote that!

How about this one: "We're the best band in the fuckin' world. Except for the Eagles, the Eagles are better than us."
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 6:53 pm

I always found if odd that they got tagged southern rock. Aren't they from California?

ahem.... This California native is proud to say NONE of the Eagles are from California.
Henley is from Texas (and he's damn proud)
Frey is from Detroit (take that hipsters!)
I forget where the others are from, but there are NO CALIFORNIANS in the Eagles. Why do you think we native Californians move away? Because we get bombarded by waves of wannabe rock stars moving to our West Coast Sunshine state where it doesn't suck that much if you're poor in the winter cuz its so temperate.

Probably the "Hotel California" bound them to some fantasy version of California forever. Its a California that does not exist, trust me.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 8:41 pm | Edited by: Matthew

Its a California that does not exist, trust me.
That's really comforting cause I grew up thinking that if I ever went there I could check out anytime I liked , but that I could never leave. I was terrified. The California Board of Tourism might wanna consider the damaging effects of these type of lyrics.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 8:51 pm

Don Henley Must Die
Mojo Nixon was right. Inspired by Gleeful Extremist and Dr. Chaos.

On second thought, the lyrics don't need any changes whatsoever. Read them in the extended entry. Also, instead of buying Don Henley's newest crap, why not go down to your local store and buy an old Mojo Nixon album? And if they don't have Mojo Nixon...well, then their store could use some fixin!!!!

This is the sound of my brain
Then I said -This is the sound of my brain on Don Henley
Then I said -One two three four

He's a tortured artist
Used to be in the eagles
Now he whines like a wounded beagle

Poet of despair
Puffed up with hot air
He's serious, pretentious and I just don't care

Don henley must die
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey, Don Henley must die

Cut on the TV
And what did I see
This bloated hairy thing winnin' a grammy
Huah

Best rock vocalist
Compared to what
Bunch of pseudo-serious Kraft angst-a-matic
Satanic plot

Don Henley Must die
Put a sharp stick in his eye, don henley must die
Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
Oh

Quit playin' that crap
Youíre out of the band

I'm only kidding, can't you tell?
I love his sensitve music
Idiot poetry swell

You and your kind
Are killin' rock and roll
It's not because youíre o-l-d
--Cause you ain't
Got no soul

Don't be afraid of fun
Loosen up your ponytail
Be wild, young
Free and-a
Get your head
Outta your tail

Don Henley
Must die
Donít let him get back together
With Glenn Frey

Don Henley
Must die
Put him in the electric chair
Watch him fry, Don Henley must die

Don Henley must die
Ah ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya

No Eagles reunion
The same goes for you too Sting
Ah
Oh
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 9:01 pm

James Gang had some tight tunes. Ask ol Joe about Glenn Schwartz sometime. The Eagles were pals with Anton LaVey and "Hotel California" is supposedly about his house. Kinda rains on that whole groovy Cali vibe, huh?
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 9:21 pm

Cuz of you motherfuckers I just whistled Hotel California while walking to the post office. In my Goner shirt nonetheless.

You just can't
kill the beast!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 9:23 pm

the eagles... true american badass fucking shit.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 9:37 pm

steeley knives bro
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 4:54 am

Holiis told me that he read an article where Don Henley's nickname while in the Easgles was "Velvet Cuffs" from his predilection to tie up "Little Girls".
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 5:09 am

What....Ya can't do that?!!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 5:23 am

Isn't anyone here old enough to remember when Henley got busted in LA on "statutory rape" charges... some groupie, underage. Her mom pressed charges when the girl revealed she was doing the Don....

Maybe its just something I remember because I lived in LA and this was all over the LA Times and the departed Herald Examiner. He managed to get it hushed up the way that celebrities with a certain level of checkbook can do, but he can't erase my brain! (I do pretty well at forgetting plenty of stuff all on my own)
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 6:41 pm

Don Henley got up on stage with Mojo Nixon in Austin once and sang that song, I guess to prove he's a good sport or whatever.

At the stereo store where I worked, I once sold Joe Walsh a boombox. Nice enough guy. Seemed stoned.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 7:01 pm

Joe Walsh stoned?
Musta been some other guy.........
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 11:41 pm

The Eagles are indeed terrible but Hotel Colorado and Take I Easy are pretty good songs. Don Henley defintely deserves to die. My old prick of a roommate used to play the DVD of their last reunion at like 2000 decibels and it drove me crazy.
Posted: Jun 4, 2005 12:16 am

Wait till ya hear the DC Snipers do there cover! It's fuckin awesome ! VIVA THE NEW KID IN TOWN!
Posted: Jun 4, 2005 9:15 pm

The Dude: Jesus, man, could you change the channel?
Cab Driver: Fuck you man. If you don't like my fuckin' music get your own fuckin' cab!
The Dude: I had a rough...
Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out!
The Dude: Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®