Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Briefs' album on Rockin' Bones!!!
Posted: Jun 1, 2005 8:57 am

The new Briefs' album will be out soon on Rockin' Bones.
In the meantime you can grab yourself a copy of the test pressing on ebay and you'll have one copy of just the three ones that we made.

Here it is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4734898567&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

go and make ourself rich !
Posted: Jun 6, 2005 7:58 am

OUT NOW (for those who care):

RON 063- BRIEFS “Singles only” (LP, 1100 copies: 500 regular, 500 with 4 different cut&stick Briefs' art and an OBI edition on leopard vinyl with all the 4 cut& stick artworks) For the first time on vinyl the release of rare and out of print singles from one of the best bands of the last few years!!! Think the Boys, the Weirdos, the Dickies, the Undertones, the Forgotten rebels and your favorite SF based punk/pop band from the early 90`s. The Briefs simply churn out a succession of two-to-three-minute gems, one after another, on and on until the 20 songs are finished and the new-found fan of the band is perfectly satisfied. Whipped Creamed punk rock sundae, please? crashes though a sound that takes The Damned, Spiral Scratch-era Buzzcocks and the better parts of about a zillion other `77-era punk acts of little importance and whips them into shape for the new millennium. The sort of band that every good punker will secretly wish he were in, The Briefs take the buzzing guitars and remind us why punk rock got huge in the first place: If done right, it`s a hell of a lot of fun to be ticked off...done in spades!

RON 064- W.I.N.K.S. “Too Hot to be this Cool” (666 copies, 100 on red vinyl)
Imagine Tura Satana from Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! starting a punk band after too many tallboys and you'll understand the eternal bad girl camp at the heart of this local endeavor. The women of the Winks cultivate a saucy, swaggering dynamic that keeps their otherwise straightforward approach to punk rock ticking. There's no wheel reinvention here, just a 20-minute nonstop burst of come-ons and put-downs. They brings to mind the trashpunk of the BobbyTeens and early Donnas mixed with the wild raw of the VKTMS and Deadly Weapons.
Posted: Jun 11, 2005 3:30 pm

Posted: Jun 11, 2005 9:21 pm

the lack of interest about this thread is fascinating!
Posted: Jun 11, 2005 9:52 pm

wow Those guyus look like the final solutions.
Posted: Jun 11, 2005 11:02 pm

Yeah! When the Final Solutions invented that look I was like, "No way!"
Posted: Jun 11, 2005 11:10 pm

Did you invent punk rock too, or just perfect it?
Posted: Jun 11, 2005 11:50 pm

No zac invented punk rock. I was being sarcastict as well Mr joe
Posted: Jun 11, 2005 11:54 pm

and gawd I hope no one on this bored thinks the briefs are punk rock .YUK
Posted: Jun 12, 2005 12:08 am

I hope no one on this bored thinks the briefs are punk rock

They play way too well. I gotta give 'em credit for that though. I saw 'em in Vegas once and they fucked up a song (I think Rotten Love) and they pulled out of the fuck up like total pros that practice their asses off. Not punk, but very impressive.
Posted: Jun 12, 2005 12:38 pm

They're no Green Apple Quick Step.
Posted: Jun 12, 2005 1:15 pm

I am sorry to annoy you with R'B stuff but maybe Goner guys could be interested... We still have South Filthy records reserved for you... get in touch
Posted: Jun 12, 2005 5:27 pm

I like The Briefs.
They write catchy songs and they're super nice guys.
I think most people have been in previous bands that they wish they hadn't been in.
They're playing here in August with the Marked Men and I can't wait.
Guess I'm not punk.
Posted: Jun 12, 2005 5:33 pm

The Briefs are the new Queers.

(not a compliment)
Posted: Jun 12, 2005 6:01 pm

"At The Mall"
Posted: Jun 13, 2005 11:07 pm

Are the Marked Men playing any more shows outside Texas this summer?
Posted: Jun 13, 2005 11:20 pm

Prob not since dood (name unknown) lives in Japan....but hell, I'm often wrong..
Posted: Jun 13, 2005 11:20 pm

oh and I'm a girl and we all know girls don't know anything....

ok...i'm in a bad mood...sorry
Posted: Jun 14, 2005 2:35 am

I love how when you're in a bad mood, Sherry, you can do nothing but tell the truth

or are you just tied up by wonder woman?
Posted: Jun 14, 2005 6:18 am

If they're playing in Kalamazoo in August they're touring.
Posted: Jun 14, 2005 7:41 pm

Yes it is true, The Marked Men are touring this summer!!!!!!!!! Dates coming soon.............
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®