Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The BEST TOUR EVER!!!
Posted: May 20, 2005 3:27 am

....i think would be as follows:

The Spits
HEAD
M.O.T.O.

How do we make this happen?
Posted: May 20, 2005 7:25 pm

bring it to kalamazoo!
Posted: May 20, 2005 7:42 pm

Yer way off. It would be:

Human Eye
The Lamps
Country Teasers
The Fatals
Posted: May 20, 2005 7:46 pm

I missed Country Teasers because I hadn't heard them yet when they came to town and I've been kicking myself ever since. Did I hear somewhere that they are recording a new album (not the live one)?
Posted: May 21, 2005 7:31 pm

Yes.

We March
Parts and Labor
Human Eye
Lightning Bolt
Posted: May 21, 2005 7:37 pm

that lineup (spits, head, moto) is what michael bateman is trying to get for the rockening this year. I think Head agreed to it.
Posted: May 22, 2005 4:56 pm

country teasers
cheater slicks
dead moon
jandek accoustic to open
with jack white strapped to large 10 ft wooden cross with pretend nails fake blood hovering over stage during entire show and members of all bands wear the red white color scheme with ballons in shirt representing megs rack
Posted: May 22, 2005 5:10 pm

No to "pretend" and "fake".
Posted: May 22, 2005 7:57 pm

bazooka, I would add Cheater Slicks
Posted: May 22, 2005 9:42 pm

Yeah, that would complete it!

Best package show I saw in years past was Modey Lemon, Broke Review, ILCK. I think the above line-up would top it though.
Posted: May 22, 2005 10:41 pm

This is the Head from Seattle? When did they get this resurgence again? I remember they got a little popular like 10 years ago but I didn't even know they were still around.
Posted: May 23, 2005 5:31 am

I saw that Broke Revue/Modey lemon/Lee County Killers bill and I'm pretty sure Cheater Slicks played on the Cleveland bill. But I got a better one. A couple years ago at my house we had A Feast of Snakes/This Moment in Black History/Hunches/Cheater Slicks. Then the A-Frames showed up at 3 in the morning and played a short set. Too bad there were only about 40 people there, the idiots.
Posted: May 23, 2005 5:59 am | Edited by: Joe Perry

Steve and I were talking and we wondering how much would it take to get the Oblivians to reform and do a tour with us in Summer 06/ The Stones have a bunch of bullshit like Maroon 5 and Pearl Jam opening for them. We want to show we are getting back to basics. Oh, it would be the Oblivians and the J. Geils band (all original members). You would alternate nights on who goes on first.

If any Oblivian members red this Drop me a line through http://www.joeperrysrockyourworld.com/index.html and I'll have my people dicuss it with yours. It's either you guys or the Mystery Girls.
Posted: May 23, 2005 9:25 am

Vietnam Slashers
The Torture Boys
MC Monkey
The Dead Cobras
The Teenage Shitheads

........if only made possible!
Posted: May 23, 2005 2:57 pm

Best show of my life:
Charles Bronson
Los Crudos
Man Is the Bastard

I had taken this awesome paint covered acid, it was incredible.
Posted: May 23, 2005 3:45 pm

I think the Fatals/Cheater Slicks show last night is right up there. It was amazing! Even though there were only like 20 people there, they both killed! The Cheater Slicks played a bunch of new songs and I can't wait for that album- good stuff.
Posted: May 25, 2005 12:29 am

Time to put together the Blackout - Dotdash - Gonerfest - Rockening board of directors. I got a real good one in mind to fly into New Orleans for Halloween.
Posted: May 25, 2005 2:39 am

KK/BBQ!
Posted: May 25, 2005 3:02 pm

i like how people write "BBQ's new album - tie your NOSE!!"
Posted: May 25, 2005 5:57 pm | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

I think the Fatals/Cheater Slicks show last night is right up there. It was amazing! Even though there were only like 20 people there, they both killed!

TWENTY people???!!?!
I never got to see the Cheater Slicks (YET!!!), but I thought they were kind of garagepunk superstars at your side of the ocean. I guess the taste of music of Americans in general is as bad as everywhere else.
Only like 20 people for two of the greatest bands I can think of, that sucks!!!
I've been romanticizing the American garagepunk scene too much, haven't I?
Posted: May 25, 2005 6:00 pm

I remember reading somewhere that they cleared may a show by opening with "Chaos." I don't think they draw anywhere unless there's another great band on the bill.
Posted: May 25, 2005 6:02 pm

no that's why it's so romantical.............really small and intimate with lots of backrubs and frosting enemas
Posted: May 25, 2005 6:05 pm

They are romantic... they got me and Arturo to scream "DON'T WANT A PIECE BABY I WANT IT ALL!" in eachothers faces.
Posted: May 25, 2005 6:15 pm

Yep, it is kind of romantic to be in a small scene and convenient too. Not having to worry you'll be too late to get tickets and stuff.
But 20?? I would pay as much as those 20 did together to see 'em once, especially when they start with "Chaos"!!
Posted: May 27, 2005 8:06 am

Slade
Motorhead
AC/DC
Posted: May 27, 2005 1:44 pm

hey jasper, thatīs the same as when I went to shows. 8-25 people plus 5 at the bar. Big talk on message boards, though. There are reasons that so many bands come over to Europe to play.
Posted: May 27, 2005 8:50 pm

Both times that my old band got to play with Cheater Slicks they nearly cleared the place before they finished. I blame the imbecillic audience in both cases. Two of the greatest live shows I've ever seen. Long live Cheater Slicks!
Posted: May 27, 2005 8:57 pm

why has there been no reigning sound/tearjerkers/dutch masters tour?
Posted: May 27, 2005 9:11 pm

Herbert, most of the times it's not much better here in Holland, apart from Vera, Groningen. I'm often surprised by the big interest for garagepunk bands in the Groningen area.
Posted: Jun 1, 2005 7:23 pm

Yeah, Joe's absolutely right. I've seen Cheater Slicks many, many times and it depends on who they're playing with as to the size of the crowd. I think people even left after the Fatals and missed the Slicks- and those are Fatals fans, evidently! And they do clear half the room a lot of the time, which boggles my mind every time and makes me a little angry. I mean when they totally destroy closing with Murder and then there is scattered applause afterwards, it makes you remember what a crappy world you live in...

And...
why has there been no reigning sound/tearjerkers/dutch masters tour?
Yes! With an all-star jam at the end!
Posted: Jun 1, 2005 7:28 pm

Human Eye
The Lamps
Country Teasers
The Fatals

I'm with Joe. Although Lightning Bolt would be cool.
Posted: Jun 1, 2005 7:28 pm

I gots a me a ill posse.
Posted: Jun 1, 2005 8:49 pm

Hentchmen
Reigning Sound
Bantam Rooster

Jack White kicking all the haters in their pussies
Posted: Jun 1, 2005 8:56 pm

with jack white strapped to large 10 ft wooden cross with pretend nails fake blood hovering over stage during entire show and members of all bands wear the red white color scheme with ballons in shirt representing megs rack

this guy is funny..you should take this show on the road...
as soon as Bob Dylan ask you to come play a show with him, let us know, until then keep flexin' them internet muscles.
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 1:57 am | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

Best package show I saw in years past was Modey Lemon, Broke Review, ILCK. I think the above line-up would top it though.

02/08/05, Robby G's birthday party in Vera: the Black Lips, the Fatals, Ghetto Ways, Shakin' Nasties, Mojomatics, the Kidnappers.
Best fuckin line-up in Holland I know of.
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 2:04 am | Edited by: eric o

hmmm...
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 2:07 am

You've edited to quick for me to react!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®