Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hitchickers Guide to the Galaxy
Posted: May 16, 2005 5:57 pm

Has anyone seen this yet, any thoughts?

I was thinking of checking it out, but I don't know if I could stomach seeing Ford Prefect played by Mos Def...
Posted: May 16, 2005 6:32 pm | Edited by: cow boy

Not to be a nerdgeekdork, but, I just saw it this weekend and didn't think much of it. It's probably all my fault because I just reread the first two books and the movie takes some liberties. Actually, when I was reading the forward to the books (I bought the omnibus that came out a few years ago), Douglas starts talking about how the radio script was different from the book which was different from the t.v. show, so, I believe he intentionally wrote the script different too, though, who knows how much they butchered it after he died.

What I'm trying to say is that they added/removed a bunch of scenes and made it more about Arthur and Trillian - which kinda sucks. I won't tell you what they did with Zaphod's extra head. The movie was just okay, it didn't suck or anything, it was more of a disappointment.

I also might mention that I didn't find the books that entertaining on this reading. It's been twenty years since I first read them, so, maybe the humor was only appealing to young teens, or maybe it was an 80s thing. I don't know. I suggest catching the movie at the dollar theater with some smuggled beer on a Sunday matinee.
Posted: May 16, 2005 6:42 pm

Posted: May 16, 2005 6:43 pm

I have about two pages to go before I finish reading it.
Posted: May 16, 2005 7:24 pm

I agree with cowboy, it wasn't as good as I would have liked to have seen. Mos Def puts in a pretty good performance though.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®