Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The King Khan and BBQ Show
Posted: May 15, 2005 1:36 am

i've had this for awhile now and i gotta say it is sooo fucking great! i'm sitting here alone listening to it and i had to share my enthusiasm. i hope your pressing thousands and thousands of this eric cause it's gonna be a million dollar seller. fuck yes!!
Posted: May 15, 2005 6:07 am

yeah totally
Posted: May 15, 2005 6:56 pm

i love it. at this time is still my fav album of the year. it's fuckin good.
Posted: May 15, 2005 11:23 pm

they stayed at my place when they came thru my city, fuckin crazy dudes!! cool fellas! Hello Mark S. and B.Snake from Klmzzooo.
Posted: May 16, 2005 5:55 am

He explained Dutch Oven and Dutch Rub to them.
Posted: May 16, 2005 5:18 pm

did you guys play darts?
Posted: May 16, 2005 6:16 pm

Odds are good. About the same odds for Q65 or Surf Punks being played.
Posted: May 16, 2005 8:38 pm

This is an all time great record. I posted the same Million seller sentiments after hearing the whole record.
Posted: May 28, 2005 7:10 pm

WARNING : although the european pressing on hazelwood recors does have splendid artwork, some (german?) dudes called gordon & wolfgang did a shitty mastering job by trying to soften the sound up... buy the american pressing on goner!!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 2:30 am

great great great
I'm lovin' it
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 3:35 am

how much different does the deutsch release sound? and how spectacular is the extra (is it extra or does it replace a different song)track?
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 3:55 am

Listned to this again earlier tonight. soooooo beautiful.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 6:17 am

of course I'll have to get the other one too for the cover. Gordon & Wolfgang sounds like stool softner salve.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 6:20 am

still the best album this year. nothing tops this.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 4:21 pm

I just finished a dvd of their chicago show. E-mail me if you'd like a copy. Ten bux should cover it. Edited with good sound, plus the raw footage and two animated vids i made too. HOt piss bitches. oh and yeah, quite possibly record of the year.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 4:23 pm

those music videos are great! Still shots never looked so great, and with sound and animation, this shit's untouchable.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 4:39 pm

I paid him to say that
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 4:53 pm

Is BBQ singing lead on any of the songs? It doesn't sound like it, but Im' jus' checkin'.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:12 pm

yeah bbq is singing! most folks don't think king khan sings any...
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:12 pm

BBQ sings lead on most of the songs.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:16 pm

Get the fuck outta town. All those r'n'b ballads too? Well I'll be...
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:24 pm

i think it says on the back cover who sings what
once you've listened enough it's easy to tell
BBQ's newest record is amazing too.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:28 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

I thought those were just the "writing" credits.

How about that one song on side two with all the "BAY-BAY!" screams and then the next song kicks into this Mighty Caesars garage crunch? That order knocks me offa the couch fo' reals.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:33 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

My mom loves this album!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:35 pm

And I do too!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 5:54 pm

And how about those background vocals on the first song? Dope.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 6:17 pm

two different songs on the euro version - we got 'get down' and 'mind body and soul' on ours - they opted for a weeper 'am i the one' and a solid 50s rocker 'take me back' both of which were good but just not quite as good (to our ears) as what made it onto the Goner release.

gotta catch em live too. unbelievable! rumors of a return trip to the states later this summer... keep your fingers crossed.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 7:11 pm

ok, i like to put 'Waddlin Around' on and walk around the room like a duck.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 7:12 pm

rumors of a return trip to the states later this summer... keep your fingers crossed

ROCKENING!
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 7:14 pm

Amazing live. I can't see anything topping the album this year, either.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 7:25 pm

It's tied with The Lamps for me.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 9:46 pm

Guys

You should get also the BBQ LP, since Mark is the motor/core of the duet IMO, and they cover some BBQ material, though King Khan is a helluva guy anyways...
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 9:51 pm

eat the corn outta my shit you know-nothing african booty scratcher.
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 11:22 pm

Obviously you haven't seen BBQ live....and he hasn't given you his old filthy socks yet...
You could get along with him, he's a jew motherfucker like you but he's talented as fuck while you ain't shit you matzah pie bender...he'd learn you how to scratch your fat ass while typing on the keyboard/or eating some greasy kosher fallafel from down the block...oh shit you must know how to do that everyday, dontcha ?
Since you're asking, most of the lead vocals are KK's, even on BBQ's original songs....the noisy voice is BBQ's...
Check the Tie your noose LP on Bomp ! it's dope....
The BBQ Complete Recordings on Subterrania Records is great as well ( European girls) minus a few extra songs available on the Alien Snatch CD release....the best 7'' is definetly the Goodbye Boozy "Take A Message" which smokes my ass everytime i listen to it...makes me actually wanna break my own good ol' phone....
Posted: Jun 2, 2005 11:47 pm

The bbq lp is definetly worth purchasing, but you cant beat bbq and king kahn together.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 12:26 am

but you cant beat bbq and king kahn together.

Werd, brotha!
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 1:06 am

Obviously you haven't seen BBQ live...

Oh yes I have! He played at Manitoba's. We hung out and we love eachother even though he wouldn't do any of my drugs.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 5:35 am

It's tied with The Lamps for me.

Me too!

I just got BBQ's first album, I think I'm liking it more than Tie Your Noose now.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 7:15 am

please chop my head off if the King Khan and BBQ Show album ain't the pick of the year 2005!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 12:05 pm

the vocal dilemma: when a song is credited to me (bbq), i sing. when kk is credited he sings (except ´Bimbo¨s Theme¨) and when we are both credited, we usually both are singing. don´t know why Mr. Boyd thinks otherwise.
"No respect" - Rodney Dangerfield
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 12:50 pm

mr boyd drinks too much wine, that's why.
but he's right about the "take a message" 7", it's a fucking hit single!
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 12:56 pm

http://ufodictator.com/pics/kahnbbq1.html i say best album of the year so far, waddlin around=#1 summertime jam
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 12:58 pm

Maybe because your songs makes me diz-zay....

Mark have you seen Alberto in Valencia ? he was just about to leave for the Flaming Sideburns tour...

See you guys on tuesday !!
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 1:25 pm

i'll buy whichever version actually shows up around here first. the euro cover does look alot cooler. The King Khan and BBQ Show lp is obviously brilliant, but i think BBQ - Tie Your Noose is the best album of '05 so far
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 3:11 pm

we are sending a load to scratch on Monday, ottawa dude. keep rockin!
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 3:41 pm

"the vocal dilemma: when a song is credited to me (bbq), i sing. when kk is credited he sings (except ´Bimbo¨s Theme¨) and when we are both credited, we usually both are singing. don´t know why Mr. Boyd thinks otherwise.
"No respect" - Rodney Dangerfield"

Nyah, nyah, told ya......

Mark, i need to send you guys a copy of the dvd
need yer address again,
thanks
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 4:57 pm

Everybody has their favorites, but "Shake Real Low" and "Get Down" are the hits in this house. And everyone's seen David's video for "Fish Fight" right?

Def best album of the year, Heartattacks lp close second.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 7:59 pm

You know, when I look at pictures of them and listen to the record I can tell that they totally love eachother, and that makes me realy happy.
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 4:09 am

Waddlin' Around is so goddamn beautiful... Bimbo's Theme is realy close to as great. When Khan starts the end "I got your love and I need it..." the hairs on the back of my neck start movin'. It's nice that each of them has the spotlight in those two. the best two, songs on the record. Totally amazing. I was just remebering when my 50 year old music industry douchebag boss told me how great the new Green Day record was and I just had to nod and humor him. Goddamn people don't know dick.
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 4:10 am

Oh yeah... Dtrain, those are the two songs i put on that cd-r.
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 4:50 am

I've not heard this for a while cos my copy is thousands of miles away. I am therefore sad.
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 8:29 am

I am therefore sad.

You should be!!
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 8:31 am

The King Khan and BBQ Show

jerst wanted to get this back at the top-o-the-list where it belongs.

krunke-o-ke,
~Sher
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 8:43 am

wait....I jes-pud-jeff novak above KK/BBQ!

blahhhaaaahhhhaaaa
tough, huh?

goodnight fuckers, I tried...but failed..

Hey! YOU'RE fired!
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 9:05 am

Death Cult is sprawling everywhere....Gaye Blades blew me last night....I'm Bobby Ubangi's nephew....Blacktime (Lemmy/Janie/Styx) spat on my lifestyle....Death-A-Reenos is gonna kill us all....

http://pludet.free.fr/sppa/hangitup.mp3

http://pludet.free.fr/sppa/Message.mp3

Life is wonderfullll

Kemp Le Douchehole
Posted: Jun 10, 2005 10:57 am

Me spins this 12 inches of Snow erry' nite in Toronto at de dance hall, me girl Tammy be slipping fifty-four-ten on de BBQ. King Kahn is shasta-mc-nasta and we be rill happy wid him informer, licky boom!
Posted: Jun 24, 2005 5:07 pm

HEY! Fish Fight is the second song on last night's Music To Spazz by show! Nice surprise...
Posted: Jun 24, 2005 5:15 pm

can you proved a link to that show...
Posted: Jun 24, 2005 5:27 pm

Posted: Jun 25, 2005 1:16 am

wow, i'm totally late to this discussion, but just to keep it rising. The LP is so wonderful!
Posted: Jun 26, 2005 7:52 pm

I'm on a mission to get everyone I know as addicted to this album as I am. I've gotten like 5 friends & coworkers listening to it constantly, it's great!
Posted: Jun 26, 2005 9:20 pm

i'm stuck on the st bbq album myself i love all that stuff !!
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 4:42 pm

hold onto your brain- Canderson's brilliant "Pig Pig" video from stills at Gonerfest (music from Chicago show)...

[previously posted in GONER section]

http://www.datadrums.com/pig%20pig%202%20medium.MPG

thanks to Chuck Vicious for hosting....
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 5:25 pm

wah- HOO!!!!
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 5:34 pm

Can't wait for the Waddlin' Around vid. The Thing With Two Heads have been waddlin' around NYC singin' this song wherever we go!
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 5:39 pm

brilliant
good work
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 5:49 pm

damn Candy!
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 7:01 pm

damn. that video is a labor of love if i've ever seen one.
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 12:26 am

Errrrrr...
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 1:49 am

Muddy, you should spin some King Khan BBQ Show at yer gig tonight. It would be sexy as fuck!
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 2:06 am

D'you think I'm stupid or something? Muddy doesn't not play that shit. I love how sexy things can be.
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 2:09 am

Joe, you're sexy.
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 4:29 am

Tell me about it.
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 10:12 am

Well you got sweet eyes for one...
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 3:31 pm

And???
Posted: Jul 1, 2005 3:54 pm

And you're a good size.
Posted: Jul 3, 2005 3:35 pm

Three people asked what it was when I spun it at the Cheater Slicks/ Hunches show Friday night! They loved it!
Posted: Jul 3, 2005 4:18 pm

1000 homo DJs
Posted: Jul 3, 2005 4:20 pm

Only when I spin raves. WOO! WOO!!
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 5:56 pm

great review at AGONY SHORTHAND!

http://agonyshorthand.blogspot.com/
Posted: Jul 8, 2005 6:07 pm

“Los Sexareenos”, ... I just ignored for their names alone the whole time they were around.

While I won't fault him for typo-ing "Los" instead of "Les" (c'mon, remember... FRENCH CANADA!) They were named after a rare sleazy paperback, and the name RULES!
Posted: Jul 15, 2005 10:20 am

Posted: Jul 18, 2005 7:54 pm

Something tells me we're into something good. Oh yeah, something good. Oh yeah, something good. Oh yeah, something good. Oh yeah, something good. Oh yeah, something good. Oh yeah, something good.

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com

OH YEAH!!!

Alotta people go there. The store I mean.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 7:55 pm

EMO! Oh shit!!!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 8:09 pm

RECORD OF THE WEEK! brits go crazy!

detonations said everywhere they went on tour, kk & BBQ show was being played... great!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 8:11 pm

Tomorrow KKBBQShow does Liverpool.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 8:12 pm

detonations said everywhere they went on tour, kk & BBQ show was being played... great!

unless i was hallucinating (it's about a 50/50 chance) i heard kk & bbq at the empty bottle saturday night.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 9:51 pm

yup, heard it at the empty bottle when we where there.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 10:14 pm

it's played at Delilah's in Chicago pretty often, too. complete with drunken sing-alongs!! Seriously, this record is the most omnipresent release I've seen in years. It's everywhere and pretty much anyone who hears it loves it immediately. Goes right for those pleasure receptors and locks in!
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 10:18 pm

you could hear it on augusta blvd yesterday between 5:30 and 6. neither upstairs nor downstairs neighbors were home and the place is a sweatbox so i turned the speakers to the windows and sat on the stoop enjoying the breeze and a book.
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 1:45 am

i hear it at shows in milwaukee all the time, it's crazy!
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 8:02 am

Crazy-awesome, you mean!
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 12:55 pm

No,no, Sher... it's Crazings!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 2:07 am

Finally got it. Jesus H. Christ.
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 2:56 am

King Khan BBQ Show is a perfect album!
Punk-n-Soul!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 4:31 pm

Yeah, I was a little late getting it too. Its a doozy!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 4:35 pm

Why is the SSLD 45 so SHITTY???

FUCK!!!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 6:16 pm

I just got the single and don't think it is that bad. The a-side definately suffers from the lo-fi production because you can't hear the vocals as well as maybe you should. But, the b-side, an instrumental, sounds fine to me.
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 9:44 pm

FUCK!!!

WRONG!!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 9:46 pm

What's so good about it?
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 9:47 pm

I'm sick of shitty recordings.
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:09 pm

FUCK!!!

told you so!
Luckily the a-side is okay after a few spins and at max volume.
The b-side is definately a loser.
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:14 pm

At least we agree on something, debut breath!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:29 pm

Debut breath?
It kinda makes sense, I ended up paying 50 bucks for some washing powder last week. Normally a mistake only 'debuteers' make.
But I've been partying with Vince (the Fatals) and his wife that night, who where having their holidays in Amsterdam. Got drunk, wanted more, ended up with less. Yeah, pretty much a debut breath!
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:33 pm

KK & BBQ SHOW "Love You So" on RADIO 1!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/rob/
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:34 pm

The B-side's Chuck-A-Muck song is great! even drifts into 13th Floor Elevators riff, and though it's live, still great. The a-side's hard to hear, but then again, it's live.
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:38 pm

Vince is fucking awesome.
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 10:40 pm

see? we agree on more
Posted: Aug 23, 2005 11:57 pm

Too Much in Love is a great song in the style of great songs by KK & BBQ SHOW...yes it's sound quality is less than pristine but I didn't know we had a bunch of classical snobs here

Chuck a Muck is awesome as well, especially when you're nose deep in a bag of bug killer or metallic spray paint

obviously you people have been bogarting the inhalants and are a little too wet brained now, go chill out with an Archie comic and a Take5 bar and it'll be alright
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 1:29 am

i should clarify all of this... that single is comprised of two songs we recorded a couple of years back. i think they are cool songs. the sound was good on the cassette (they were on our demo sessions, for those who got those on soulseek), but somewhere between us giving them to solid sex and the time it came out, it had been mastered... therein lies the sound dilemma. we will be recording 'too much in love' on the new album, though - cuz it's good.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 1:37 am

i really liked the SSLD single.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 5:49 am

we will be recording 'too much in love' on the new album, though - cuz it's good

life just seems to be getting better and better.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 10:27 pm

And I saw her standing there with long and golden hair, and without a word…I took my head, right out of the sand…. I said, baby……I said BABY………………..igotyourloveineeditigotyourloveineedit blah blah blah ba blah ba blah, I said BABY Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

I fuckng love that part!
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 10:34 pm

you dudes probably already seen this, but...I'm bored.

Here are the dates: King Khan BBQ Show

Sept. 1, Thursday: Boston, MA – P.A.’s Lounge
Sept. 2, Friday : Brooklyn, NY – Union Pool Hall
Sept. 3, Saturday: Asbury Park, NJ – Asbury Lanes
Sept. 4, Sunday : Pittsburgh, PA – Brave New World
Sept. 5, Monday : Athens, OH – The Union
Sept. 6, Tuesday : Cincinnati, OH - The Comet
Sept. 7, Wednesday : West Lafayette, IN
Sept. 8, Thursday : Chicago, IL – The Empty Bottle
Sept. 9, Friday : Chicago, IL - Subterranean (BBQ only)
Sept. 10, Saturday : Milwaukee, WI - Onopa
Sept. 11, Sunday : Madison, WI – The Glass Nickel
Sept. 12, Monday : Kalamazoo, MI - Kraftbrau
Sept. 13, Tuesday : Detroit, MI – The Painted Lady
Sept. 14, Wednesday : Hamilton, ON - Corktown Tavern
Sept. 15, Thursday : Toronto, ON – Trin-Port
Sept. 16, Friday : Toronto, ON - house party????
Sept. 17, Saturday : Montreal, QC – Quai des Brumes
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 10:39 pm

thats for demons claws and BBQ. no khan.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 10:44 pm

And I saw her standing there with long and golden hair, and without a word…I took my head, right out of the sand…. I said, baby……I said BABY………………..igotyourloveineeditigotyourloveineedit blah blah blah ba blah ba blah, I said BABY Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

I fuckng love that part!

That about as good as anything has ever been.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 10:47 pm

thats for demons claws and BBQ. no khan.
No Khan! fuckdatshit!
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 10:48 pm

"she like to take a shit, when thing get outta hand!"

YEAHHHHH!
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 11:07 pm

That about as good as anything has ever been.

yep, its as fine a moment as you can hope for. real special i tell ya!
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 11:10 pm

yep, its as fine a moment as you can hope for. real special i tell ya!
this album is like a rock-n-roll fossil (in a good way), sounds genuine to what great R&B and Rock music used to be.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 11:23 pm

this album is like a rock-n-roll fossil (in a good way), sounds genuine to what great R&B and Rock music used to be.

Yeah, i hear you, whenever someone hears it (and a lot of people i know do not follow records at all like i do) the thing i always get is the confused "how old is this???" or something like "sounds like boxcar or hobo music" (and they don't mean it in a bad way, everyone seems to dig it, its weird). It does seem pretty well plugged into some orignal source... whatever that means.
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 11:24 pm

yeah! just listened it again! LOUD!
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 11:26 pm | Edited by: Claude Zachary

yeah! just listened it again! LOUD!
I know, its the only way to hear that part. good thing i got headphones on here at work!
Posted: Aug 24, 2005 11:35 pm

"how old is this???"
YEAH! My boss asked me the same thing about this album--I've gotten that about quite a few records I play for people.
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 3:18 am

Just made a massive platter of tacos and spanish rice. as soon as the dishes were done KKBBQ went on nice and LOUD and smiles were plentiful. Isidro fom Spain is still here and it's his favorite record too. Turns out his sister played piano on some King Khan recording from Belgium. Wierd and great! Oh yeah, I fuckin' PUKED everywhere before the records was over.
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 3:26 am

sixteene said it was like our generations Beatles. I know she meant the whole thing about a rock'n'roll band doin' the likes of Arthur Alexander, etc. I couldn't have thought of a more perfect thing to say about the album.
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 10:47 pm

Has anyone heard BBQ's new band?? A friend of mine told me he heard it on myspace the other day.
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 10:48 pm

i don't the name
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 10:48 pm

i don't KNOW the name
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 10:50 pm

the mind controls or....

http://www.myspace.com/mindcontrols
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 11:24 pm

It was great seeing them last winter, best show of the year. Still can't get enough. Each song still holds up after 1,000 washes.
Posted: Aug 25, 2005 11:42 pm

Yeah, i hear you, whenever someone hears it (and a lot of people i know do not follow records at all like i do) the thing i always get is the confused "how old is this???" or something like "sounds like boxcar or hobo music" (and they don't mean it in a bad way, everyone seems to dig it, its weird)

I remember reading a music article several years ago in which the writer speculated that grunge music wouldn't be nearly as popular as it turned out to be if it were called "crud" instead.

I wonder how people would feel about the so-called commercial potential of what sometimes gets called "garage rock" if we gave it a different name. Like, say, "hobo music."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®