Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Does anyone have early guitar wolf pictures
Posted: May 13, 2005 7:38 pm

I am really interested in guitar wolf, and I think their best albums are their first two. Does anyone have any early pictures from around 87 - 94?
It would be much appreciated.
Posted: May 13, 2005 8:08 pm

Yep
old bloomington/normal show
gotta dig 'em up though.
canderson@horizontalaction.com
i think it's from 97, not positive though.
Posted: May 13, 2005 8:26 pm

The inner sleeve live photo for the third record/CD (I think that's the one) was taken at a show here in Vegas in '97, but I'm not sure whether one of our local boys has those photos or if they were thrown to the Wolves.
Nothing earlier than that here, but if you've no luck elsewhere I can ask around.
Posted: May 13, 2005 9:06 pm

Ya if you could ask around, that would be very good.
I found a few pics, from their first US tour but nothing else really.
Posted: May 14, 2005 12:29 am

Found 'em

4-8-97
and
6-19-98

I'll scan and post tomorrow
Posted: May 14, 2005 2:14 am

Sounds good, thanks!
Posted: May 14, 2005 5:59 pm

Try this

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hozakcandy/album?.dir=/281e&.src=ph&.tok=phrSN_CBsd_CT5vW

but my account was acting weird today so hope it works.
Posted: May 15, 2005 7:23 pm

hey canderson, those are some great shots. love the wide angles.
Posted: May 15, 2005 7:50 pm

Damn. Guitar Wolf are easy to photograph but those are really good. I like the way the color looks.
Posted: May 16, 2005 5:40 am

wow! Thank you very much those were excellent photos.
Posted: May 16, 2005 5:13 pm

Posted: May 16, 2005 8:32 pm

Got whatcha need?
Posted: May 16, 2005 8:39 pm

I have a few photos when we played with them some years ago...
Posted: May 16, 2005 8:41 pm

Glad i was reminded of these. Saw one i really liked and blew it up really big. Looks cool.
Posted: May 16, 2005 9:20 pm

Great photos canderson!
Posted: May 17, 2005 7:09 pm

Does anyone have any earlier ones?
Posted: May 17, 2005 7:15 pm

Those pix are mind-blowing. Thanks for sharing man!

I know I've got A FEW shots from GW's 1st N.O.La. show, I think around 91' or 92'. Unfortunately, I was using an abortion of a camera...which was so fucked up it was even missing the shutter button. I had to stick my little finger in the hole to release the shutter. I'll have to scan them, and I've got to warn you that they are far from spectacular.

What about video? I shot them on 8mm sometime around 96'/97' here in N.O.La...and I know right where to find the tape.

Let me know,
LoVerde
Posted: May 17, 2005 7:41 pm

Posted: May 18, 2005 4:37 pm

I know I've got A FEW shots from GW's 1st N.O.La. show, I think around 91' or 92'. Unfortunately, I was using an abortion of a camera...which was so fucked up it was even missing the shutter button. I had to stick my little finger in the hole to release the shutter. I'll have to scan them, and I've got to warn you that they are far from spectacular.

What about video? I shot them on 8mm sometime around 96'/97' here in N.O.La...and I know right where to find the tape.

Sweet, I would really really really like to see those 91' pics. Please please.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 9:27 pm

Posted: Jun 3, 2005 9:36 pm

Isn't that on the back of wolfrock?
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 11:07 pm

i love the fact that I got to see skinny little ryan lodge in the background, and he looks no different.
Posted: Jun 3, 2005 11:08 pm

ya that is the back of the CD

i love the fact that I got to see skinny little ryan lodge in the background, and he looks no different.

?????
Posted: Jun 4, 2005 4:53 pm

i love the fact that I got to see skinny little ryan lodge in the background, and he looks no different\

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hozakcandy/detail?.dir=/281e&.dnm=c9b1.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phrSN_CBsd_CT5 vW
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 1:08 am

http://home.wxs.nl/~Sande160/Fotosresultaat/Jeroenguitarwolf.jpgthis is from 94, I found a few earlier ones, if anyone wants to see

anyone else find any more?
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 5:28 pm

i love the fact that I got to see skinny little ryan lodge in the background, and he looks no different

I love the fact I got to see Billiams with cleanish/short hair.
The way my mother would like to see him look nowadays.
Posted: Jun 9, 2005 6:39 pm

Anyone know of any with their first drummer???
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 2:50 pm

late reply, but I have some (not online though) from when they played NOLA around 1993 or 1994, at that place that was on Annunciation (I think) that had the "pussycat lounge" sign in the background. Also pics of them w/the Pendletons at Pendleton manor, hanging out. If you still need 'em email me at zelia_and_george at yahoo dot com and I can try to scan and send 'em to ya.
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 3:13 pm | Edited by: unfriendly1

That's the same (early) show that I have photos of, Andrea. That club they played at was called Monaco Bob's. Not sure if I'll ever find the pix, but I think the video I shot @ Dixie Taverne around '97/98 is still above water...at least I think it is.
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 3:29 pm

Your pics are probably MUCH better than mine, unfriendly1! Although I think Kirsch took most of the ones w/my camera, since I'm in a bunch of them. . . I don't remember what kind of state of drunkeness I was in that night. Didn't Goubler videotape that show?
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 3:35 pm

oh yeah, and my brain keeps telling me that the place was NOT Monaco Bob's, although you're the 3rd or 4th person to say that. I've got a suitcase of flyers in my parents' attic from when I lived in NOLA, and I'm sure there are some for shows there (if not the Guitar Wolf one isself). Sometimes I can tell people what they were wearing on a particular date in 1993, but can't remember other things. Brain is weird like that.
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 5:29 pm

yeah I'm interested
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 5:56 pm

I'll see if I can scan 'em and post 'em soon. I've got to dig 'em up.

I have some from CBGBs circa 1995 or 1996, I think.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I gotta get those flyers out of my parents' house. I may be the only person who still has them. I could do a Pendletons fan page with all the shit I have.
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 6:06 pm

thanks that would be awesome
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 7:44 pm

Have you done a Google Image search yet? I found like 10 pages of 'em. I don't know what year they are from but they looked pretty good to me, and they are at your fingertips...

I wish I'd taken pictures of them when they played here with the Cheater Slicks. I don't remember what year but it was later than you were looking for anyway.

We also got Billy sick on White Castles after the show... Poor Billy-- maybe he's eating some burgers in the afterlife!
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 7:59 pm

I have collected all pictures on google imagesearch and yahoo images
sometimes new ones are added
none are from the 80's
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 9:55 pm

. . I don't remember what kind of state of drunkeness I was in that night. Didn't Goubler videotape that show?
sure did; and the tape's floated around;i got the mastertape in Chicago; prob. lost some stuff 'cause of Katrina(i blame Bu$h..that's how you slumming leftist kids spell it, right? with a "$"?).
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 10:44 am

shot them at many gigs they did here in Seattle, think one made it to a Bag of Hammers 7" cover. All of mine are off line, black and white prints. Took some killer shots at a show they did in Spokane where they headlined over The Makers. And I got an interview at a show they did at The Ok Hotel, used a translator, forgot if it ever got published.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 4:22 pm

Beach Ball Bennies?
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 6:36 pm

Andrea...I've been thinking about the confusion over the name of the nola club GW played during their 1st visit here. If my memory serves, the club was (initially) layed out with the band setting up towards the back of the (really small) room. So, when you'd walk in the front door, you'd be at the back of the audience, facing the band and the drummer would be facing you. As time went on they changed the lay-out of the room, and put the 'stage' right in front of the door, so you'd have to walk past the stage to get in the crowd. It was at THAT point that the club was called Monaco Bob's. Perhaps they had a name change from the early days of the clubs existence, but I'm drawing a blank. I also know for sure it was REAL close to RC BRIDGE LOUNGE, which was booking lots of shows during that era...and the RC was right across the street from that 1/2 way house/artist/junkie hangout called the Abstract Cafe that Green Day played at during their 1st tour. I'm sure all this bullshit is adding to the confusion. I could ask Duke Straube, cause I think he booked that show. He probably has a better memory than I do anyway. Although, I do remember the 1st time I saw GW--Drum Wolf was sitting on a couple of yellow pages phone books so he could reach the drum kit. Either a short chair or a real short dude...not sure which. Long story ended: They killed that night...and I'd love to see the vid if Goubler can dig it up. Goub: I promise I'll look for my vid if you look for yours.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:47 pm

I have collected all pictures on google imagesearch

I figgered as much...
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:58 pm

Does anyone have photos from the Vancouver show on the first tour (the night after the Garage Shock show, 94?95?), that was referenced on the Red Idol dvd? I was too busy being completely fucking stunned to think to take a photo that night.
Posted: Oct 19, 2005 9:02 pm

1/2 way house/artist/junkie hangout called the Abstract Cafe that Green Day played at during their 1st tour

I made the mistake of going in there once and ordering an iced coffee from the shellshocked guy working there. He gave me a hot coffee and I said, "Oh, I asked for ice". He reached his shellshocked hand into the ice bin, grabbed a fistful of ice, and put it into the mug. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. . . can I have that to go?", got it into a to-go cup, and dumped it out in the gutter outside and threw the cup in a trash can.

Back to Guitar Wolf. . . Drum Wolf cracked Louie's cymbal that night, I believe. I don't think that place was Beach Ball Bennies -- wasn't BBB on Tchoupitoulas? Argh, gotta go find those flyers!!!
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 5:55 am

photos from the Vancouver
Is that the show where the Smugglers got their nose in the air obaout equipment rentals?
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 8:37 pm

I don't remember the exact details about The Smugglers role, but I seem to remember Guitar Wolf blew the YFF's bass head, or something like that.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 6:02 pm

whats the status on this 7_7
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 6:20 pm

I have picts from the Dixie Fried shindig at Barristers in Memphis... Anybody else offer pics fom that show? When as that? Like '94? Gimmee the high sign, and I'll hunt 'em up.
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 6:23 pm

I don't think I've seen anything from that show
(high sign)
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 7:29 pm

Okay, I'm on it! Sooon....
Posted: Oct 27, 2005 8:31 pm

whats the status on this 7_7

I won't be able to scan any pics until 11/1 at the earliest.
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 5:51 pm

!
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 7:56 pm

I just got back from vacation, but I've got a bunch of old pics somewhere. I'll have to do some digging and scanning. I've got pics from the Barrister's Dixie Fried (that was in '95) - Matador used one of the pics in a poster for Missile Me. I also have pics from the Purple Onion in SF, and some others I believe.
Posted: Jan 11, 2006 8:06 pm

That would be very cool, thank you.
Posted: Jan 12, 2006 6:11 pm | Edited by: unfriendly1

AndreaH typed:

"oh yeah, and my brain keeps telling me that the place was NOT Monaco Bob's"

I think you've been right all along. Was it the WAREHOUSE CAFE?? Corner of Annunciation, right next to the bridge?? AT SOME POINT after the GW show, it became Monaco Bob's. Don't ask me why I think this is correct, but somethings telling me I'm right. Then again, I thought I was correct before. Lemme know if warehosue cafe rings a bell--this shit has been drving me crazy for months now.

By the way, I foiund the video tape of the show I filmed at Dixie Taverne (RIP) in '97 or '98. Not sure exactly when the show was, but it was fucking packed. I shot it from the side of the stage and I've got some people on the street footage post show. I just saw matt pendelton walk by as well as some dude that has a hot rod that had flames shooting out the back of the car. FAR OUT, MAN!!!

I'm dubbing the show to DVD as I watch it. NEW ORLEANS!! ROCKNROLL BABY!!!!!!
Posted: May 16, 2006 6:25 am

Does anybody have a good picture of the "Wolf Rock!" insert?
I didn't even know there was one until I saw this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUITAR-WOLF-Wolf-Rock-LP-Teengenerate-Oblivians_W0 QQitemZ4879697331QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#e bayphotohosting
Posted: May 16, 2006 5:34 pm

Are there any recordings of those first US shows?
91-94?
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:27 pm

insert?
first US shows?

no?
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:35 pm

just saw this...I have a bunch from the GW Oblivians tour in Japan...
Posted: May 31, 2006 10:27 pm

That's cool, is it possible for you to upload them?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®