Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / some memphis pics from new year's
Posted: May 12, 2005 7:54 pm

New Year's in Memphis

my flash gallery thing is a little buggy on slower connections, you can see the pics w/o the interface here.
Posted: May 12, 2005 8:57 pm

yeah! solid bbq action!
Posted: May 12, 2005 9:17 pm

well aren't you the artiste. nice shots.

was memphis bombed during one of the great wars? why does it always look post apocalyptic?
Posted: May 12, 2005 9:18 pm

Tina Turner's from Nutbush, there's your Thunderdome connection...
Posted: May 12, 2005 9:23 pm

we ARE post apocalypse, and you don't even know...

there are Hummers in the streets, people murtilating each other daily, etc etc.

within Payne's cement walls lies paradise!
Posted: May 12, 2005 9:45 pm

Does "murtilating' involve Jack Pirtle's chicken?

Nice shots foto man.
Posted: May 12, 2005 10:12 pm

http://medialuxe.net/photos/carolinas_2002/

I really like this one! Fireworks and Ice Cream!
Posted: May 12, 2005 10:35 pm

Memphis is bombed everyday.

***What kind of film do you use? What is yer flash set up?***
Posted: May 12, 2005 10:58 pm

thanks for the compliments, peoples! eric & zac & scott, thanks for the hookup on cozy corner. don't know how i missed them before...

fiery, the pics with the crazy colors were taken with one of those lomo colorsplash cameras and the more natural ones were with a lomo lc-a. i usualy shoot whatever 35mm film they have in 4 packs at the drug store, or fuji superia (400 speed in either....) the colorsplash camera can be set to leave its shutter open until you let go of the shutter release button (that's where all the swirls come from...) and then when you let go it shoots the flash giving you a crisp image over or under the swirls. it also has colored gels over the flash. plenty of fun. it's basically a cheapy point and shoot with a few tricks up its sleeve.
Posted: May 12, 2005 11:17 pm

Whoa--I like the flash trick! I wonder if my Canon digital has that? I haven't figured it all out yet. I just like how the images are so crisp and the flash leaves a good "spot" rather than the weird halo effect. Is your flash on a cable?
Posted: May 12, 2005 11:54 pm

nice
i swear to to the bbq gods i took this EXACT photo!!!!!

http://medialuxe.net/photos/memphis_new_years_04/img/12.jpg

great eyes think alike
cheers

i used a t4 though
Posted: May 12, 2005 11:58 pm

Really nice pictures...
Posted: May 13, 2005 1:32 am

Whoa--I like the flash trick! I wonder if my Canon digital has that?

most canon digital cameras do. you have to put it in "nitetime" mode, which is the niteish looking icon.
Posted: May 13, 2005 2:00 am

Thank you resident techie. I am grateful for any tips on how to best use my Canon A95.
Posted: May 13, 2005 6:25 pm

canderson, that is funny. how can you NOT take a picture of that? i always like your pics, so thanks for the compliment!

fiery, naw, my flash is attached. it's a pretty unsophisticated little camera actually...
Posted: May 13, 2005 6:35 pm

tryin' to get my girl to get one of these for her digi-cam
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/index.cfm?PHOTO/flashguns/metz.html

28-CS2
Posted: May 13, 2005 6:42 pm

one of my buds told me i needed to start rolling with an olde timey easel full of flash powder. best idea i've heard in a long time.... lol.
Posted: May 14, 2005 12:33 am | Edited by: motorhoney

I know a guy who has been doing "colorsplash" style photography for years with lights and gels. He's really good at it. He does crazy shit. Wild that they made a camera that does it now. Used to work at a store that sold those and boy, did they sell.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®