Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Cedar Point.
Posted: May 6, 2005 9:18 pm

lets all go there this summer..? hmm..
i like Magnum 2000 roller coaster, and the Mine Ride. Iron Dragon sucks.
Posted: May 6, 2005 9:27 pm

Demon Drop. Put change on your knee, it will make floating.
Posted: May 6, 2005 11:20 pm

is magnum 2000 another name for the millenium force? iron dragon does suck but at least you get a refreshing mist. the mantis.. that really sucks, and the line smells like rotten fish
Posted: May 6, 2005 11:56 pm

Dutch really likes the Pirate Ship. And playing WWF Royal Rumble in their aracade/museum.
Posted: May 7, 2005 12:20 am | Edited by: hollis brown

magnum was the big steel coaster they had before they built the millenium. i think they tore down either the magnum or gemini and built the millenium in it's place.
Posted: May 7, 2005 1:47 am

dude i remember going to cedar pointe and at the time the magnum had the largest drop in the country or something....that was a bad ass rollercoaster
Posted: May 7, 2005 8:10 pm | Edited by: clubber lang

that fucking coal mine ride will fuck you up
90 degree turns in a wooden box does not equal fun.
the iron "misty" dragon is refreshing however.
Posted: May 7, 2005 11:09 pm

i think they trashed the Gemini, to put in Magnum force.. i aint been there in long time. all us Goner types should make a huge outing to c.point..?!!
Posted: May 9, 2005 4:39 pm

gemini is definitely still there, and i don't think they've updated the graphics on the ride since the 70's. magnum seems old and rickety now compared to millenium force. and then there's that insane power tower that they just put in in the last few years - that thing is the scariest ride ever. and the blue streak - if you like wooden coasters, it's one of the best.
Posted: May 9, 2005 4:58 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

Funny that this topic came up this morning, someone at the office just emailed me a series of pictures for the "Top Thrill Dragster", the last picture is some sorority looking girl who wet her pants being helped off the ride.

You drove the hellicopter, I shot the gooks!
I rode the rollercoaster, you stayed home!
Posted: May 9, 2005 5:06 pm

no love for the blue streak? how about the witch's wheel?
Posted: May 9, 2005 6:18 pm

i love that Wildcat tiny ass coaster with the little 2 person cars. crazy sharp turns and rickety as hell.

any of you Michigan goners ever go to Boblo Island back in the day? playing gauntlet on the boblo boat while the drunk adults danced to kool & the gang was good times!
Posted: May 9, 2005 8:43 pm

When I was in elementary school, our class took a trip to Boblo. Late in the day, we rode the big coaster. I forget the name, but I believe its color was white, and resembled the Blue Streak at Cedar Point. Just after we left the station, it started raining, hard. Seeing as we were all about 10 years old, it was frightening. The rain hurt when it hit us because we were traveling fast on the tracks. When the car came back around to the station, the operators pulled back on the big wooden brake handle (remember those?), but because of the wet tracks, the train couldnít be brought to a complete stop, went through the station, and started back up the first hill. We went around a second time, came back to the station, and again couldnít be stopped by he brakes. The operators at the coaster didnít have the mechanical capability to stop the ride, so they had to call someone at a different part of the park to flip the switch. The train had gone through the station a third time, by then. When the switch was flipped, the train was near the top of the first hill. Firefighters came up the tracks, and walked us down, as the rain was still falling. Lucky, we made it back to the docks to catch the last ferry back to Detroit. Good times.
Posted: May 9, 2005 8:46 pm

that was called the mean streak i think. and i think their version of the wildcat was the BOBcat. man, that is a good story. did you guys take the big boat from the michigan side or the little (but faster) boat from amherstburg, ontario?
Posted: May 9, 2005 9:23 pm

dude i remember going to cedar pointe and at the time the magnum had the largest drop in the country or something

http://www.thegreenhead.com/watercooler/2004/10/kingda-ka-tallest-fastest-roller.php
Posted: May 9, 2005 9:35 pm

ooh, I just remembered. I think the ride I was thinking of was called the Sky Streak. We took the big ferry back to the Michigan side, as I recall. Ah, Boblo memories.
Posted: May 9, 2005 9:56 pm

http://www.thegreenhead.com/watercooler/2004/10/kingda-ka-tallest-fastest-roller.php

sweeeet, KINGDA KA
Posted: May 10, 2005 2:27 am

Boblo Island was fer that side of the state, we had Deer Park Funland, Michigan's Adventure it's called now. I'd rate it as suck. Deer Forest, though, that's where you get the kind nibblers and pellets. Buy a red plastic key and put it in the keyhole, some shit will warble out of the speakers. Lime flavored diseases, fuck you deers. I remember swingsets, and dudes with Orleans hair. Dollywood, that was the craziest one I been to.
Posted: May 10, 2005 4:52 pm

i have one of those red keys stashed somewhere......no lie.
Posted: May 10, 2005 4:57 pm

Boblo Island was fer that side of the state, we had Deer Park Funland, Michigan's Adventure it's called now.

there really is no comparison. boblo was like a poor man's cedar point. deer park was like a poor man's county fair. i've seen better rides in the parking lot of a target on westnedge. now pleasure island that's a whole 'nother thread.
Posted: May 10, 2005 6:29 pm

any of you Michigan goners ever go to Boblo Island back in the day? playing gauntlet on the boblo boat while the drunk adults danced to kool & the gang was good times!

That sums up a lot of summer day trips of my youth.

Michigan Adventures is okay. They do have the largest wooden roller coaster in the US (or so they claim) and the water park is one of the better ones I've been to...but yeah...It still looks like a parking lot carnival compared to Cedar Point.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®