Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Where to stay in Chicago?
Posted: May 3, 2005 2:52 pm

We'll be there on May 14th to play a show @the Beat Kitchen. Was wondering if any Chicago goners could tell us where a cheap, but not too sleazy hotel is that's close to the club. A cheap **** would be nice, w/room service and a mint on the pillow. Or a Motel 6...
Posted: May 3, 2005 2:57 pm

You guys can stay with me, FREE, 'cause we're all part of this awesome community. We'll stay up real late and raise a ruckus and piss off my yuppie neighbors, it'll be a scene man!
Posted: May 3, 2005 3:00 pm

Well, that's nice an' all, but that sounds like some hippie bullshit, and we don't take kindly ta hippies.
Posted: May 3, 2005 3:38 pm

OK OK enough already. Yes, I like free stuff but doesn't everyone? I was drunk.

I'm really an intellagent guy. seriously. i teach creative writing.
Posted: May 3, 2005 3:49 pm

"intellagent," hahaha!

Everybody likes free stuff, but the real Brian Costello seems to expect free stuff.
Posted: May 3, 2005 3:56 pm

I drive a Dodge Stratus!
Posted: May 3, 2005 4:05 pm

This is great an' all, but WHERE THE FUCK IS A GOOD PLACE TO STAY????
Posted: May 3, 2005 4:21 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

There are some suggestions in the Blackout thread.

A couple of hotels you might try are the Days Inn on Clark St., and the Days Inn on Diversey. Neither is particularly close to the Empty Bottle (nothing really is), but they're both relatively decent and relatively affordable.
Posted: May 3, 2005 4:36 pm

Posted: May 3, 2005 4:41 pm

Hey Brian- Maybe you should turn your apt into the "Black Out Hostle"
and you can charge people $10 a night to stay. Then you will be able to buy cds, and get non-profit status for your taxes. Just a thought.
Posted: May 3, 2005 6:47 pm

i had rooms booked at a place called the Milshire. This is a link to it : http://www.budgethotels.com/hoteldetails.php?Hotel_ID=9378&Date1=&Date2=05/08/2005&SESSID=a15685fe48 7631bdde1d3a3c7ed509ae

I have never been there, but i have heard it might not be as comfortable as some prefer... the good thing is that i think they still have availability, its $30 for a single up to two peeps, 2.25 miles from the empty bottle...i think its sort of a dwarves approach to lodging...you know, blood, guts and pussy.

I think some of my travel buddies have veto'd it and gotten us rooms at days inn on diversy where we stayed last year. that place was actually nice. good luck, the restaraunteers are descending in gorves that weekend.
Posted: May 3, 2005 6:53 pm

Is Antonio Jim?

Don't stay at the Milshire, unless you like to live ON THE EDGE!
Posted: May 3, 2005 6:54 pm

Yes
its me norah
Posted: May 3, 2005 6:56 pm

that Milshire must be much worse then it looks in pictures... sorry to recommend it.
Posted: May 3, 2005 7:33 pm

Hi.

I'm just scared of it! I have no idea what it looks like inside...
Posted: May 3, 2005 9:16 pm | Edited by: gore

Posted: May 6, 2005 2:52 am

I just stayed at the Apache Motel on Lincoln Avenue...it was $40, and it made me wanna throw up. There were stains on the lamp shade, and I don't know what from. But hey, it's cheap...
Posted: May 6, 2005 4:37 am

Stay at Buddy on Milwaukee across from Earwax, near Rodan, Burger King, and a million shitty morons.
Posted: May 6, 2005 5:42 am

you can stay in my ass.
Posted: May 6, 2005 2:37 pm

Wow, I've never stayed in an ASS before! How exciting!
Posted: May 6, 2005 2:58 pm

Last year I stayed at a place called the Rodeway Inn. It was near Greektown, about an $8 cab ride to the Empty Bottle. It cost $80/night which was the cheapest price we could find for anywhere within a reasonable distance of the venue
Posted: May 11, 2005 12:58 am

Bump, because my place to stay for the Blackout just fell through and I'm desperate.
Posted: May 11, 2005 9:21 am

Just got Holiday Inn about 20 minutes from the club for $38 a night for all 3 nights.

Wifey used hotwire.com to get the rooms. It's cheaper than Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, all that shit.
Posted: May 13, 2005 1:50 am

which holiday inn is that?
Posted: May 14, 2005 9:09 pm

which one? c'mon...i still need a room
Posted: May 15, 2005 3:46 am

She went to the Holiday Mo site and they said their rooms were $80 each, but the hotwire.com hooked us up. She picked 3 stars Schaumberg hood, Chicago area, and that's what we got. We coulda been at Days Inn or whatever the blasted computer spit out, ya know?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®