Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Brides lyrics
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 4:53 am

Help a guy out, you guys know the lyrics to Bad Attitude?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 4:54 am

the Testors song?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 4:54 am

Motherfucker, Girl I got a bad attitude. That's all I can make out.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 4:58 am

Yeah man, I can't make any of it out except those two phrases. Damn.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:35 am

get in touch with danimal (he's in vee dee now) at dan@veedeechicago.com

when they were all still in high school they were the most intimidating band I'd ever seen.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:17 pm

Who was their manager? Aaron?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:52 pm

I never could understand why a shitty garage punk band with a few 45's out needed a "manager". That's a bit silly. Their 45's were good, though. Really lame live.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:59 pm

well, you don't need to understand.
they never had manager, that's hilarious!
That's gotta be Aaron that owned Voodoo Jive and later Raw Records. And they were amazing live. Never even anywhere near lame. Anyone that would say that is just jealous. When they opened for the Oblivians in Normal in 1997 was the only time they sucked that I ever saw them, and that was all because of being drunk and breaking too many strings.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 7:10 pm

Ha! I remember that show! Ross stormed off stage and Dan had to finish the set....Awesome!!!!!
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 7:12 pm | Edited by: messageboardbandit

Lyrics:

"Motherfucker down in Chicago
Motherfucker that's the way it goes
Feeling mean and baby all alone
Spent my money on a holy stone
Girl I gotta bad attitude
Yeah I gotta bad attitude
Yeah I gotta bad attitude"

repeat and rinse
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 7:15 pm

That was the same show Dan fell three stories off a fire escape
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Thanks for all the info dudes
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Why couldn't I have lived here then to see all that great shit that I'm always getting told about. Fuck!!!!

Now there's only the occasional decent show at paulie's and a lot of drives to Chicago.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 9:47 pm

Never even anywhere near lame. Anyone that would say that is just jealous.

I dunno, they sounded like a high school band trying to do Pagans covers. It was cool, but way loose, and got real boring. Loli and The Chones followed them up and were what I would considered to be an "amazing" live band. And yeah, whoever that guy was would claim to be their "manager" whenever I saw them. That's my Brides story, and im stickin to it.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 9:54 pm

The Rip Off 45's were awesome, though, so don't make like I'm knocking The Brides all that much.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:03 pm

Demo tape was amazing, live was so-so, however, the blow-jobs were incredible. Slight problem with peeing on my face, which is fine, but doesn't exactly garner you a Full Length in Greg Land. So I stuck with the 7 inches. Good kids, what have they been up to? Tell them Daddy says hi- Gregglie
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:12 pm

i only saw the brides that one time in normal but even for a "shitty" night they were still entertaining as fuck.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:15 pm

I dunno, they sounded like a high school band trying to do Pagans covers. It was cool, but way loose, and got real boring. Loli and The Chones followed them up and were what I would considered to be an "amazing" live band. And yeah, whoever that guy was would claim to be their "manager" whenever I saw them. That's my Brides story, and im stickin to it.

I think Russ played those shows on short notice cause Dan broke both his arms. I remember the Empty Bottle one being really awesome, but what do I know?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:39 pm

The first time I saw them was at the Fireside. Dan had braces. I remember almost feeling threatened/intimidated by their stage presence. They completely blew my mind.
High school band trying to do pagans covers? sounds perfect to me
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:50 pm

Didn't the Last Sons of Krypton have a manager? Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember hearing that.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:54 pm | Edited by: Greg Lowery

It was a cool vibe, I'm just saying, they didn't "blow my mind". They got showed up by Loli and The Chones, who are VERY TIGHT and have a spastic stage show, so maybe that warped my senses.

People get confused betweens bands that can really play, and amateur sounding bands who happen to just be really cool, as far as the world of gay-rage punk goes. It's silly to use terms like "mind blowing" or "amazing" for a band like The Brides. Or The Tyrades. Or fill in the blank. These are awesome bands with awesome records and alot of energy live, but it's not like it's The Rolling Stones or James Brown or something. It's just a buncha douches like us playing three chords.

I dunno. You can attack me on this if you want.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:55 pm

I was at one time going to be a pushy manager and offer my services to my friends. I even had a persona and a name all worked out. I forget the name now though.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Whoops, Greg said what I was thinking. I mean to post that as myself. How......how.......how the fuck.......does he read my MIND like that???
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:00 pm

I Love Loli and the Chones and they will always be one of my favorite bands, but tight doesn't come to mind when I think of them.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:05 pm | Edited by: SinglesGoingSteady

Really? They were really good the one time I was sober enough to watch them, really tight. Like almost "pro" sounding, they def. stuck out as the headlining band.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:06 pm

No need to. the cool thing about music is a band can be "mind blowing" and not be the Stones. A gaggle of douches can throw down some serious shit without playing more than 3 chords. "Mind blowing" and "amaziing" doesn't necessarily mean their musical geniuses----though Ross's guitar chops really were (and are) pretty sharp.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:08 pm

I agree, but in reference to any of these bands live, I dunno if I would go that far. More so the records. Or the concept. "Fun" is something I would use to describe them live.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:10 pm

or just "really cool".
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:18 pm

Didn't the Last Sons of Krypton have a manager? Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember hearing that.

Naw! That would have been hilarious if we did, though.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:20 pm

ps- we might have told somebody that as a joke, however.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:31 pm

I was at one time going to be a pushy manager and offer my services to my friends. I even had a persona and a name all worked out. I forget the name now though.

Heh. I have a friend who fakes being the "manager" of his own band on the phone. He says he has less trouble legitimizing his band that way. It's great, he uses this really deep voice.....and then will call them back a little while later as himself, and be like, "hey, my manager just called, blah blah".....I'm sure more than a few venue owners have figured this out, and just thought he was nuts, because they never question it.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:36 pm

I'm talking way too much on this thread, so I think I'm gonna shut up now.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:19 am | Edited by: SinglesGoingSteady

I had no idea these guys were our "managers"!!! But now I know.

The Tyrades are amazing. They have so much enegry live. When I saw them, they were playing a bar in St. Pete, FL, and only like 20 odd people showed up, most of whom came for the opener. The Tyrades could have totally just fucked off, and played like shit, but they didn't. They spazzed through a crazy 15 minute wild punk rock set, if only to amuse the five people up in front. Good times.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:22 am

ps- plus the lead singer is fuckin' hawttttttttt!
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:33 am

The one time I saw the Tyrades they had less energy than my mother's punani. It all depends I guess...
Now, Loli and the Chones AND tight... THAT is hilarious!
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:43 pm

What are you talking about RJ? I'm not sure about the Chicago show, but in Green Bay you guys got kicked off due to your "manager" (and yeah, he's not a real manager, but ya know....), and fought with the Brides (over what, I don't know, but I saw punches). The Brides were tight, as usual, and great. Loli were a huge disappointment, in that they had to restart their entire set 3 times, and they were just falling apart, and not in a good way. I still liked their set, but I expected a lot more. The Brides always delivered, and their first single remains my favorite punk single in 20 years.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:44 pm

Back on topic:

"Bad Attitude, bad bad attitude..."

Wait, that was the Kill-A-Watts song. When I first heard them do that song (before the Brides single came out), I thought it was a faltering attempt at a Brides cover.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 4:39 pm

I dunno I have a really bad memory. Is the guy on the front cover of the "Bad Attitude" 45 a Bride, or just some random guy? I always wondered that. Also, is Wendy Norton on the back of the new Kill-A-Watts LP? I saw the CD in a record store a few days ago and couldn't tell.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Yeah, that's Wendy w/ Melissa in a clothes transformation "skit."
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 8:28 pm

I think Rawce is on the cover of that 45.

"Bad Attitude, bad bad attitude..." Wait, that was the Kill-A-Watts song.

The Kill-A-Watts also had a song called "Radio Suicide", which was a Brides song first.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 8:32 pm | Edited by: SinglesGoingSteady

I think they (Kill-A-Watts) actually mention this on the back of a Kryptonite 45. Or somewhere. Or something. Or whatnot. Or maybe in a zine.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 9:33 pm

The Kill-A-Watts also had a song called "Radio Suicide", which was a Brides song first.

Oh yeah - both song/versions co-existed without either band knowing of the other version(s). The Kill-A-Watts were playing those songs out 7 years ago, or whatever, before the Brides singles came out, and I doubt they ever saw the Brides.
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 12:00 am

the Killawatts also had a song called "Live Wire"...which some band called Motley Crue also had.
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 12:01 am

I went to high school with a guy named "Todd." Bonkers!
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 12:03 am

Uncanny!
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 3:07 am

Yes.
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 3:36 am

I don't remember Yes doing a song called "Live Wire"

are you sure you aren't thinking of another Bill Bruford or Rick Wakeman project?
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 5:04 am

didnt ac/dc have a song called live wire as well???

so did the wailers
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 6:20 am

No.
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 6:20 am

Maybe.
Posted: Apr 29, 2005 6:21 am

Yes.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®