Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I'm off to get a chocolate bar
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:08 pm

Can't decide whether to get an Almond Joy or a Almond Snickers.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:11 pm

Ritter Sport with Hazelnuts.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:13 pm

Those new Almond Joy cookies are fucking the best thing ever. There's also Reese's, Hersheys, and a couple others. They're even better than the candy bars. Goddamn.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:23 pm

Peanut Butter Twix.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:24 pm

I never see those anywhere. Sniff.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:26 pm

The Missus brought home a box of the Reese's cookies last night, and they're damn delicious.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:34 pm | Edited by: mrlastname

I used to eat McDonald's, a few slices of pizza, and eight bars of PB Twix in one sitting. Those were the good ol' days.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:39 pm

the homeless lady smiling at us throughout our meal at guadalupana yesterday chose MOUNDS.

(i chose chorizo tacos. mmmm!)
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:42 pm

Mounds don't.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:55 pm

toblerone
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:57 pm

Zero Bar
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 7:59 pm

Hershey Crunch bitch!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:22 pm

Greatest candy bar ever? Tie between Butterfinger and King Size Kit Kat.

And Snickers should only be eaten in either original peanut or ice cream bar form. No almonds, and that's coming from an almond fan. Lastname eats all kindsa nut.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:22 pm

kit kat w/ dark chocolate
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:26 pm

reese's fast break. chocolate, peanut butter, and nougat- it's like the holy trinity of candy bars in one wrapper.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:28 pm

Lastname eats all kindsa nut.

Yeah, gay jokes from someone who really likes "Butterfingers." Tell him to wear a glove next time, Joe.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:28 pm

Zero Bar!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:29 pm

just what is nougat anyhoo?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:31 pm

i'm partial to kit kat. used to steal those, put them under my armpits and walk out of the store when i was like 10.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:35 pm

Chocolate covered dick, dick covered in my own fecal matter, heck, as long as dick's underneath the coating, I'm all about eating!

Except for white chocolate covered dick... that's just a tad too queer.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:35 pm

nougat is god's gift to mankind, i'll tell you that.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:44 pm

If you don't like Zero Bars...you're not from the south, and you definently aint black.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:45 pm

Wow, people are imitating me all over message board land today. I'm flattered.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:48 pm

Flattered and baby battered!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:49 pm

white chocolate isn't even chocolate
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:51 pm | Edited by: sexual chocolate

Hey, don't be tellin Sexual Chocolate what is and isn't chocolate bitch.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:29 pm

just stay away from those potato chip lookin' things... and the candy bar with M&Ms inside seems retarded also. What genius thought up combining chocolate with chocolate? It'd be like hollowing out a hot dog to shove a smaller hot dog inside
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:31 pm

Actually that sounds good. Not turducken good, but good enough.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:44 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

I'm going to open a place called the "chocolate bar" and we will only serve chocolate. it will be the most unhealthy restaurant ever created. we will serve anything as long as there's chocolate in it. there might even be an all-you-can-eat buffet full of chocolate. the crowd will be mostly middle aged women who work in offices coming in for a pick-me-up after a bad day at work. it will be marketed as a place you just go to and lose all your inhibitions and eat pounds of chocolate like a complete savage pig. potential investors, please get in touch.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:52 pm

yeah, Zeroes are my favorite.

The Reeses Fast Breaks are good too.

I also like, Watchamacallit, Mr. Goodbar, Skor, Heath, Oh Henry, Charleston Chews

And what's the difference between, Butterfinger, 5th Ave. and Clark? They all seem to be the same to me.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:53 pm

Oh fuck, even better than Butterfinger/ Clark/ 5th Ave... CHICK O STICK!!! Damn they're the BEST!!!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:54 pm

Butterfingers are in their own class along with Reese Stix and Peanut Butter Twix

Charleston Chew and Mr. Goodbar suck, while Heath bars are great.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:55 pm

CHICK O STICKS taste cheap.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:56 pm

Mallow Cups, Watchamacallit, anything by Reese's. Anyone remember those weird flavors of Twix they had about ten years ago? Cookies 'n' cream, white chocolate, etc.? I'm sure they probably started making 'em again and I just haven't noticed.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 9:58 pm

Paydays suck.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:00 pm

Does anybody remember Choco-Lite? Aerated chocolate, sort of like those Aero bars (and you canadians know what I'm talkin' about), but with some kind of veiled crunch, probably rice crispies, or something. A truly excellent candy bar. Simple, yet wonderful.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:00 pm

I second Mallow Cups and Watchamacallit. I loooooove Payday. It has almost as many peanuts as my own logs. Which reminds me... anybody know where to get Stuckey's?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:00 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

Anyone ever had a deep fried Snickers or Mars bar? Not as good as a fried Twinkie but still pretty good.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:02 pm

On my to do list... this is my favorite thread ever. I can't believe I didn't start it. I meant to a few times actually.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:04 pm

I love Aero. Also, Aero Dark, Aero Mint...

The new flavours of Kit Kat are weird, I saw a strawberry one the other day. eww
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:04 pm

Call me a pussy, but I also like York Peppermint Patties.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:06 pm

PUSSY!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:06 pm

do marathon bars still exist somewhere in the candy world? they were one of my favorites but I haven't seen 'em in forever.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:08 pm

oh & the new reese's take five thingys are really good. stoopid name but they're real yummy.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:09 pm

Holy shit, sixteen, once this thread evolved into discussion of greatest candy bars ever, I was gonna bring up the Marathon bar! That was my absolute favorite when I was a kid. They don't make 'em anymore, but in Europe you can get Curly Wurlys, which are a smaller version of the same thing.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:10 pm

I also like 100 Grand, or 50 Grand, or whatever the fuck it's called. I want to try a Take 5.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:12 pm

Holy shit, sixteen, once this thread evolved into discussion of greatest candy bars ever, I was gonna bring up the Marathon bar! That was my absolute favorite when I was a kid. They don't make 'em anymore, but in Europe you can get Curly Wurlys, which are a smaller version of the same thing.

i used to eat 3 marathon bars a day when i was a kid...haha! bummer ya can't get 'em here anymore...
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:13 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

Yeah, 100 Grands are damn good. We used to sell those in school (along with generic "crunch" and "caramel" bars) Well, I never sold them but everyone else did. I think I missed out on a couple field trips because of it.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:18 pm

paydays are great...

also Nerds on a rope are great.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:19 pm

They now have chocolate covered nut rolls (or whatever those things are that have white nougety shit surrounded by peanuts), and they are surprisingly yummy. At least I think they're new - that's what the display case told me.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:19 pm

Wait, were Marathon Bars those ones that looked like flattened chain links and took forever to eat?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:22 pm

Yes, a long braid of caramel dunked in chocolate. The commercial tag line was "Marathon - lasts a good long time."

Take Fives are good, and I like the new Butterfinger Crisps too. I am always interested in new candy bars.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:22 pm

Summit bar
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:24 pm

butterfinger crisps are terrible
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:26 pm

Anyone ever had a Zagnut? I'm curious. I don't even know if they still make them. I just like the name and the appearance in "Beetlejuice."
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:32 pm

what's the deal with baby ruth? I saw a baby ruth truck on the highway last week and it said "america's favorite candy bar." they need to rethink their slogan cause, not that baby ruths are horrible, but when the hell does anyone actually buy them?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:32 pm

aba zabba
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:36 pm

Zagnut also appeared in TheGreat Outdoors starring John Candy (CANDY! GET IT?!?!?!) and Dan Ackroyd.

The Butterfinger crips are incredible! Not "inedible."
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:37 pm

you're a zagnut
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:38 pm

what's the deal with baby ruth? I saw a baby ruth truck on the highway last week and it said "america's favorite candy bar." they need to rethink their slogan cause, not that baby ruths are horrible, but when the hell does anyone actually buy them?

I thought the same thing until last Halloween when a couple weeks after that's all that was left in the chocolate pile, then it became the greatest candy bar ever.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:40 pm

Haha butterfinger crips... new middle aged office women gang.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:44 pm

Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:46 pm

I went with the Ritter Sport - excellent choice JJ! A hazelnut in every bite - like squirrel shit.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:46 pm

OH OH OH!!! Cadbury fruit and Nut bar and all the British versions of US candy bars (esp Kit Kat) and that one British candy bar that's like a choco covered honey comb (CRISP?) but's it's really honeycombed molasses. yeah...
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:47 pm

that's called a crunchie!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:47 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Mmmmmmmm... Toffifay. When I was 5 years old I wanted one at the store but didn't think I could have it cuz the commercial said something about it being "adult."
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:48 pm

Yeah! CRUNCHIE!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:51 pm

The British versions of all the chocolate bars use milk in the choccy wheras the US use oil. That's the difference - the british jumbo kit kat pisses on it's US counterpart! hey what's the difference between Lastname's ass and a Kit Kat bar?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:51 pm

You only get 4 fingers in a Kit Kat!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:55 pm

Take Five!

Paydays!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:59 pm

damn I forgot paydays - they rule!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:05 pm

If you don't like Zero Bars...you're not from the south, and you definently aint black.

Those Zero bars look like those dog poos you used to see, where they were so old and dry that they turned white. What the hell happened to those things? Did global warming do away with them?

Take Five!
I saw that at the store for the first time recently. Pretzels, Caramel, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Chocolate all in one bar? That's fucking genius! Is it as good as it sounds?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:07 pm

Wait, were Marathon Bars those ones that looked like flattened chain links and took forever to eat?
And there was a ruler on the side of the wrapper to indicate how long it was. Just imagine how many kids used that candy wrapper to measure their "junk."
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:07 pm

Take Five!
I saw that at the store for the first time recently. Pretzels, Caramel, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Chocolate all in one bar? That's fucking genius! Is it as good as it sounds?

If you won't ante up the under-a-dollar to find out you just don't deserve one.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm

Can we talk about Ice cream for a while - that's something you yanks do waaaaay better than us brits could even dream of. So, what's the deal? Do you have more cows than us or something?
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:12 pm

but didn't think I could have it cuz the commercial said something about it being "adult."

you still shouldn't be eating them then
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:16 pm

Take Five!

it is a tasty treat indeed!
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:21 pm

If you won't ante up the under-a-dollar to find out you just don't deserve one.

I really wanted to try the Take 5, but I just didn't want to risk possible disappointment. Buying an unsatisfying candy bar is like buying a bad record. I went with the Butterfinger instead. That NEVER disappoints. I'll be trying the Take 5 tonight.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:25 pm

Mmmmmmmm... Toffifay. When I was 5 years old I wanted one at the store but didn't think I could have it cuz the commercial said something about it being "adult."
What's the deal with marketing junk food as "adult," anyway. It seems like a stupid plan. (You've gotta get folks hooked on the stuff when they're young.) It certainly didn't work for Mc Donald's Arch Deluxe sandwich- their "adult hamburger."
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:32 pm

Ice cream deserves its own thread.
Posted: Apr 25, 2005 11:54 pm

Those damn Take Five bars are everything I could want in a candy bar! Chocolate and pretzels and caramel! As for British candies, they outrank U.S. candy anyday. I love Club Milks, Snack Bars, Cadbury Buttons, Lion bars, Smarties, Yorkie (raisins and nuts), Crunchies are fuckin' good too!
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 3:17 am

Do you have more cows than us or something?

That, and ours aren't tainted with the "mad".
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 3:42 am

oh henry - the candy bar that looked the same going in as coming out.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 3:46 am

i was at this japanese store the other day and found a candy bar called BLACK CRUNKY!!!! now if that just isn't the best goddamned name for a candy bar, i don't know what is....

and yes, TAAAAAAKE FIIIIIVES. so so so tasty.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 5:09 am

Call me a pussy

O.K your a pussy!!...oh...and who ever heard of deep frying a candybar ....do you eat it with a knife and fork too.....probably the stupidest thing I've heard ...other than .....
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:42 am

Whatchamacallits.
"The Groud-up candies in a chocolate bar shell".
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:51 am

And Coconut anything sucks.

Although, coconuts were probably ground into Whatchamacallits, truth be told.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 1:33 pm

How the fuck did I forget about BIT-O-HONEY?
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 2:48 pm

i haven't had a whatchamacallit since second grade when I threw up pink after a classmate's bday party. Pink cake and whatchamacallits were ruined for me after that.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 6:40 pm

Zagnuts are the same consistency as Chick-o-sticks with a Butterfinger shaped cross section. They're delicious.

Worst candy bar ever: 3 Musketeers. It's like chocolate-flavored boring.
Chunky's suck too, who wants fucking raisins in a candy bar.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 6:44 pm

Not at all a "bar" but I'll usually take either plain or peanut m&m's over a "bar." And sometimes Reece's Pieces too.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 6:45 pm

Dan_gerous, if you like Bit-o-honey you should check out Mary Jane's. Those are similar and great.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 6:49 pm

Mars bars are king of my stomach.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:13 pm

Get a Krackel bar, those are awesome.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:16 pm

whoppers malted milk
so crunchy and chocolately
gimme all those balls
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:18 pm

the carob explosion of tiger milk bars. growing up those were the only one's i was allowed to eat.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:43 pm

I am king of your stomach.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:46 pm

Whatchamacallits.

I used to love those, but they changed them. It used to just be peanut-buttery rice krispies with chocolate covering. Sometime in the late 80's/early 90's, they changed the packaging and also added caramel. In theory, this should be delicious, but somehow it's not.

I propose bringing back the original round "Reggie" bar. It was like a round Baby Ruth, but even better.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:50 pm

Charleston Chews were candy punishment. Fucked your teeth up something good. And tasted like melted and chocolated-covered packing foam.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:51 pm

Peanut Butter Snickers!
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:57 pm

No way! Charleston Chews are awesome. You suck.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 8:04 pm

Truer words were never spoken.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 8:09 pm

Charleston Chews are for people who like to chew....not people with TMJ.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 8:12 pm

A Baby Ruth and a 20 oz. Coca Cola has been a breakfast on the run for me for many a year.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 8:22 pm

Can I hear it for the Peppermint Patty. Hey Hoo!
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 8:28 pm

Aren't Cokes & Snickers the official punk rock diet?
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 8:30 pm

in all seriousness, i believe it is. that's what i get when i don't have time to pick up dinner before we play a show and/or am tired/hung over and dealing with time constraints. some might say it really satisfies and adds life.
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 9:36 pm

I drink Coca Cola for breakfast.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 12:10 am

Has anyone ever pulled the "throw a Snickers in the pool" prank?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 1:13 am

Has anyone ever pulled the "throw a Snickers in the pool" prank?
That trick works much better with a BabyRuth or with a Powerhouse (sadly no longer available) bar. Nobody's gonna be fooled by a Snickers in a pool 'cuz folks know you'd have to have a square colon to crap out something that resembles a Snickers.

I think a chocolate-covered salted nut roll would work well, too. They're very fecal in appearance.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 1:22 am

I also like, Watchamacallit, Mr. Goodbar, Skor, Heath, Oh Henry, Charleston Chews

word.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:19 pm

Charleston chews do suck unless you put 'em in the freezer .

WORD UP!
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:20 pm

Last night I split a Godiva dark chocolate bar with bazooka christine. It was really good.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:27 pm

Think you're better than me?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:27 pm

GOOD FOR YOU!
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:29 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Think you're better than me?

Yeah, but it has nothing to do with chocolate.

GOOD FOR YOU!

Yup.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:33 pm

Skor, bitches! (mmmm toffffeeeee)

And I see no one has called bullshit on this quote:

That's right, uh-huh.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:39 pm

Hey BradX, I think I saw that same video in CCD class....I must have been about 12 or 13, a big Led Zeppelin fan, and just laughed my ass off all the way threw...that's amazing. That teacher also told us to start smoking ciggarettes, so when people asked us to smoke pot, we could be like "I'm cool, I got my own smokes." I guess that's why my athiest years were the same years I went to Sunday school.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:41 pm

2nd worst ever candy bar: Sky Bar. Yack! I don't care if it had 4 different flavors in one bar...they all sucked!
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:44 pm

Weren't Oh Charleys like identical to paydays?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:47 pm

I finally tried the Take 5. Man, that's good.

Pretzels and chocolate are a great combination whose time as come. The salty, creamy, sweet medley is a symphony for your tastebuds. If you can't find a Take 5 or chocolate covered pretzels, try eating pretzels with M&M's. You put a pretzel in you mouth along with a few M&M's (plain or peanut will work) and then chew. The snackamitivity of this treat is exceloriffic.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:49 pm

2nd worst ever candy bar: Sky Bar.

Are you making that up? I never heard of it.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:52 pm

nope, I'm not makin' it up! I thought we just talked about this gross candy bar recently?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:57 pm

i used to dig sky bars when i was in 3rd grade. what were the flavors? caramel, vanilla, fudge, and.... ?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:59 pm

http://www.necco.com/sky-bar.htm

blah, peanut butter i think. i knew there was one that i hated.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 6:59 pm

they're hard to find, but i love the wonka bars. they have graham cracker goodness inside.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 7:12 pm

Those herseys smores bars aren't very good and I LOVE smores.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 7:13 pm

What the fuck are Oh Charlies? Do you mean Oh Henry?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 9:10 pm

agree'd dan, smores bars are gross.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 9:48 pm

Yeah, Oh Henry's that's it...wasn't basically the same thing as a Payday?
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 10:00 pm

I guess Oh Henry's had a chocolate coating.
Posted: Apr 27, 2005 11:44 pm

shit, 100+ posts on a candy bar topic..Sheesh!!!

Take 5 yeah! Hi-5 Rev dan.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 12:34 am

I guess Oh Henry's had a chocolate coating.
Oh Henry is basically the same thing as a Baby Ruth, except an Oh Henry also has fudge inside the chocolate coating along with the caramel and nuts.

But get this, it's made by Hershey in Canada but by Nestle in the US.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 4:24 am | Edited by: fuzzyT

Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:09 pm

had a take 5 last night and goddamn, best candy bar ever.

peanut butter, caramel and pretzels...fucking genius idea.
Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:22 pm

bazooka joe

Posted: Apr 26, 2005, 12:45 pm Quote

Dan_gerous, if you like Bit-o-honey you should check out Mary Jane's. Those are similar and great.

Man, I remember when I was a kid I used to hate gettin' those orange and black candies in my trick or treat bag... Fuckin' Mary Janes are my sick addiction now! Every Halloween I go and buy the jumbo bag of those things and sit there all night and stuff my face.... I used to like Sugar Daddy Sugar Babies, and BB Bats.... Anyone remember those BB Bats? They were a great way to shut yer kid up for a while. Lord knows that's why my mom gave 'em to me!
Posted: May 18, 2005 12:56 am

I thought people in the south had RC Cola and Moonpie's for breakfast.
Posted: May 18, 2005 1:57 am

isnt the Curly Wurly what Springteen wrote about in Blinded By the Light? i may be wrong
Posted: May 18, 2005 2:05 am

Funny you should mention that song. Quite a heated debate over the origions & recordings of that song around the 'ol job yesterday. Bruce did indeed write it, but Manfred Man's Earth Band is the one you hear on the radio ---I think!? Who is the one on the radio, cuz I don't think I've ever heard the Boss's version . Have you?
Posted: May 18, 2005 4:17 am

manfred man's version on radio.

i vote take five.

old tyme southern candy treat: rainbow coconut slice and strawberry yoohoo. tubb's grocery circa 1977. (and a thick sliced bologna and hoop cheese on litebread and nugrape for dessert).
Posted: May 18, 2005 6:17 am | Edited by: clubber lang

king size kit-kat
snickers crunch
almond joy
mars
watchamacalit
toblerone
and i cant remember the name of them but they come in packs of three. its a fu fu candy, chocolate balls (okay bring it on) with nuts on em (i'm not gonna make this any easier), and creamy (thats right) chocolate in the midlle. theyre wrapped in gold foil and put in those mini cupcake holder things.

now i got a jones...
Posted: May 18, 2005 6:32 am

are you thinking of the ferrero rocher? shaped sorta like a truffle (see, you didn't have to say "balls") this is them, pictured here: http://www.ferrerousa.com/

yours truly,

willy wonka
Posted: May 18, 2005 4:45 pm

The "big boss" is here from England today and he brought two big tins filled with FLAKE bars. For being nothing but chocolate (formed really weird) they are AMAZING!!!
Posted: May 18, 2005 4:47 pm

Flake bar in a soft ice cream cone is a treat. Try it. Its my favorite street vendor snack from London. I'm sure it will make your teeth rot, but it is delicious.
Posted: May 18, 2005 4:50 pm

Is there ice cream in the cone too?
Posted: May 18, 2005 4:51 pm

yes. you know - like the ice cream truck kind of soft ice cream cones? soft ice cream + flake bar = mm mm good! i suppose you could forgo the cone and put soft ice cream in a dish...
Posted: May 18, 2005 4:57 pm

Uhhh... it's called soft SERVE. Damn...
Posted: May 18, 2005 7:17 pm

Manfred Man's Earth Band is the one you hear on the radio ---I think!? Who is the one on the radio, cuz I don't think I've ever heard the Boss's version . Have you?
The Boss' original version from his debut LP "Greetings from Asbury Park NJ" is much better than Manfred Mann's version, even though he doesn't sing "wrapped up like a douche in the middle of a night" in the original.

You know that "For You" song classic rock radio plays? The one that goes- "I Came for You. I Came For You. For You. For You. I Came For You." That's also Manfred Mann's Earth band covering a Springsteen song off of that same LP. Once again the Boss' version is far superior.

Take 5 bar rules!
Posted: May 18, 2005 7:43 pm

take 5's sound great. i love a skor bar.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:32 am

Almond Joy or a Almond Snickers both are rather shitty. don't spend money on sweets, you nerd! at least buy drugs.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:36 am

If you resurrect one more old thread, I'm gonna...I'm gonna...I'm
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:40 am

Skor bars!!!!!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 7:31 am

yes. you know - like the ice cream truck kind of soft ice cream cones? soft ice cream + flake bar = mm mm good!
This concoction is called a 99.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:37 pm

I like a Skor bar.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:18 pm

yes. you know - like the ice cream truck kind of soft ice cream cones? soft ice cream + flake bar = mm mm good!
This concoction is called a 99.

Thank you so much. I have been wracking my brain for months trying to remember that. I'm getting old. Pretty soon I won't be able to remember my own phone number....
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:34 pm

I can't be bothered to read all of this thread but did darius get his chocolate bar? And which one did he get?
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:58 pm

Do Nutty Buddys count? I just ate one.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:59 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

I got a record in the mail from the Netherlands last night and they put a piece of Dutch chocolate in the package . I'm gonna eat it tonight.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 4:12 pm

hahahaha, don't try operating any heavy machinery after eating it.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:44 pm

Hershey's with Almonds. Almond Snickers and Zero bars I agree on also. You're making me hungry. I am getting out of this little string! Mmm...chocolate
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:46 pm

And I could rot my teeth on Chik o Stix!!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:57 pm

This website is awesome:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm[/i]

Last time I was in Britain I had a curly wurly for old time's sake and thought they were smaller than I remember them, but now I think about it I was probably a bit smaller when I was 8. Curly Wurly's are great. So messy the way the chocolate crumbles off as you try to chew.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 6:00 pm

Poision candy(3 muskateers) with broken hypodermic needles stuck in both ends is my absolote favorite!I remember those being in the lunch cafeteria back in 1979.Who could forget candy like that???? NOT ME!!!!!! I need some of that for halloween.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 5:32 pm

Ice cream deserves its own thread.
Edie's Grand has an Andes Mint flavor. Spectacular.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 5:34 pm

whoppers malted milk
oh yeah ... gorged on these like I had an eating disorder when I was a teenager...
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 5:37 pm

Skor bars!!!!!
We have a candy factory here in town called Anthony Thomas and their Toffee candy is so good. Imagine if the toffee was so fresh, it's just a little crunchy, and really fresh chocolate. Yummmmmy.........If you see them buy a box. You won't be sorry.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 5:39 pm

Can we talk about Ice cream for a while - that's something you yanks do waaaaay better than us brits could even dream of. So, what's the deal? Do you have more cows than us or something?
Why do you think Americans are so fat? Haha... Also there are A LOT of things food wise we do better than you Brits, I hate to tell ya...
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 8:38 pm

Giant sized Symphony bar with the toffee and almonds.
Posted: Aug 19, 2005 7:14 pm

dog shit wrapped up in a used (but cleverly resealed) Reese's Nutreageous package,and placed back on the shelf.I know everybody loves this old thread soooooo much that I thought I'd bring It back again!!!!!!!! I wonder if anyone even reads it! no need to thank me. YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 20, 2005 4:50 am

I agree with the Mounds. Coconut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 20, 2005 5:05 am

I got some really awesome Buckeyes in Croswell, Michigan today.
Anonymous
Posted: Aug 20, 2005 5:16 am

Are you talkin' about those chocolate covered peanut butter balls?
Anonymous
Posted: Aug 20, 2005 5:48 pm

I like candy
Anonymous
Posted: Aug 20, 2005 5:49 pm

I'll do ANYTHING for free candy
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 5:55 pm

Paris Hilton said she want's some "chocolate"coverd dimes.EAT SHIT
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 7:26 pm

do they still make skor bars? i fucking loved those things and cannot find them anywhere!
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:15 pm

Take 5 is a really weird chocolate bar. Pretzels? What's up with that?
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:20 pm

Take 5 is a really weird chocolate bar. Pretzels? What's up with that?
it's actually pretty good. a little too much for me, but great if i'm stoned.
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:24 pm

Oh my god, the chocolate string is back, just in time for post-Halloween leftovers... Those Tollhouse cookie-candy bars are really good... I'm addicted to the Peanutbutter flavor.
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:25 pm

Those Tollhouse cookie-candy bars are really good

Oh I'd say they're way better than that. Yum...
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:35 pm

Pretzels in candy bars are fucking genius.
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:40 pm

Pretzels in candy bars are fucking genius.

Chubby Hubby Ben N Jerry's... oh yeah (I digress to Ice Cream, the sole reason for my monogamy weight gain)

Even the simplicity of Hershey's with Almonds is hard to beat. I like European chocolate, but to me Hershey's is just as good... and cheaper too. (My coworker's Halloween leftovers have some mini Hershey's w/ Almonds...yum) I almost felt guilty eating LUNCH today because I've eaten so much CHOCOLATE.............!
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:47 pm

I thought the Take 5 was pretty gross at first, then less gross, then good. I could go for one now.

p.s. they're called Max 5 in Canada.
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:49 pm

I thought the Take 5 was pretty gross at first, then less gross, then good. I could go for one now.

exactly!
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 8:50 pm

I thought they were gross on the first bite. i thought it was too much like a butterfinger which is the grossiest candybar invented by man. then the next day i craved that lamf. i went up to the vending machine and the entire section was gone. someone went house.
Posted: Nov 11, 2005 9:06 pm

At Costco, they sell these BIG bags of Snyder's pretzels covered in Hershey's chocolate. They're soooo good. They're way richer than those Flipz chocolate covered pretzels, which you never see anymore. First time I bought those ones at Costco I absentmindedly ate an entire bag mixed in with several bowls of ice cream while watching back-to-back episodes of Law & Order, SVU. I thought I saw a God.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®