Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 10:13 pm

Hey! Anybody here got a buck? I wanted to check out the song the Willowz have on their site to download but they charge ya 99 cents and I don't think they have change for a ten.
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 10:56 pm

I wanted to check out the song the Willowz have on their site to download but they charge ya 99 cents

what is wrong with them?
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 11:06 pm

Maybe that's how Scottie Dee gets paid...I already know they suck (the promos paid for a lunch or two though when I sold them) but you can even download a song or two off the new Stones record for free from their site.

They ain't no Bravery...
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 11:53 pm

Willowz Grow in Garage Willowz Grow in Garage
SoCal rockers dig the MC5, hate emo SoCal rockers dig the MC5, hate emo
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7377619/thewillowz?pageid= rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple3
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 11:57 pm

Posted: Sep 12, 2005 11:59 pm | Edited by: Meg White

It was their mutual distaste for Anaheim bands -- and their mutual love for the Zombies, the MC5 and old soul music -- that united Reynoza (a classical guitarist and abstract painter) and Follin (who'd gotten into L.A. punk through his mother, an art dealer who dated Henry Rollins back in high school) after they met in a college bookstore in 2001.

Isn't that enough to sell it too you?
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 12:08 am

that rolling stone article says......"The Willowz are four pretty young things from Anaheim, California"

what the fuck are they talking about. that one dude looks like an uglier version of chetah chrome.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 12:10 am

"The Strokes were playing in L.A.," Follin says. "We snuck in and ended up hanging out with them. Our drummer was drunk and got in a fight with their bass player. We ended up spray-painting 'The Willowz' on their tour bus."

Man, they are pretty punk 'fucking' rock aren't they?
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 12:10 am

The Willowz went through a succession of drummers and second guitarists, practiced in an abandoned house and struggled to launch their first cross-country tour. "We couldn't rent a car because we were all seventeen or eighteen," Follin says. "The only person who'd drive us was this transvestite from New York. He was mad creepy."

they must be talking about scottie diablo..........
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 1:33 am

Done.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 1:43 am

you forgot...

some lame ass creates another screen name to trash everyone on the thread.

Quite right you are! Let's complete it now:

SCOTTIE DIABLO ass pounds april n.
ohlala laps up the dripping fluids.
dtrain and bajewka joe give each other handjobs in the corner while watching.
hollis brown gets quite brown by smearing his own feces all over his body in a vain attempt to be a party pooper.
fierydrunk gives her standard pretentious bitch play by play in some expensive jeans.
april's brother does a god awful "one man scam" soundtrack.
some anonymous lame ass videotapes the whole thing and heckles all involved.
Chris Martel posts the video of it all on his fucking hotdog website.
And the Troll finds a way to redirect all Goner posts to said website.

This part is STILL funny!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 1:48 am

the part that was left out.......scottie diablo was emailing me off the board desperate for me to leave him alone......pussy
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 5:36 am

I met them the other night, they were really cool, really friendly, not pretentious at all, and they played really well and were fun to watch. The packed room loved it. It's not supposed to be punk rock, it's more like a really caffeinated Gris Gris.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 5:45 am

Either way-their songs suck.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 5:51 am

I think the Horn Song is fucking great, don't know anything else about them except they are the new "it".
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 5:53 am

they are the new "it".

The seconds are ticking away
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 7:29 am

BEST THREAD EVER!!! May it never die...
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 7:31 pm

Back to original topic: WILLOWZ. They played with the Slicks a couple months ago. To be fair, we kinda liked them live. I haven't heard the album. Nice kids, though. They had gotten a so-so review of their live show before they came, so we were actually pleasantly surprised. Too bad there were only about 35 people there, as it was a Thursday night at Little Brother's... they were coming back through to do Bourbon St.... I am not sure if that date has passed yet though.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 7:40 pm

Too bad there were only about 35 people there, as it was a Thursday night at Little Brother's...

Are you sure it has nothing to do with it being a Cheater Slicks show?
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 7:52 pm

Bazooka, you should have seen them on their birthday! Seeing that many people going nuts and singing along to Murder really puts your faith back in humanity.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 7:57 pm

Gorgeous!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 8:35 pm

I saw Nick Diablo play the other day in NYC & they were really good. Killer fuckin drummer. Looks like the real Joe Perry from Journey and everything! No shite!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 10:28 pm

New comp out soon on DIABLO records!!!

featuring:

Willowz - "We Can Die Now", "Orange County Art Dealer's Kid Blues", "Just Add a Z to Get the Party Started!"
Rat Traps - "Feces on a 45", "Incest Is The BEST!!!"
Bajewka's Jug Band - "Manischewitz Nights", "Hand Jobs For Jews For Jesus"
SCOTTIE DIABLO feat. AlicJJJa - "Paid In Full" (Eric B. & Rakim cover)
Trickknee Love Circus - "Terminal Gaydom", "Khaki As Fuck", "Do The Opposite Dance"

more details soon...
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 10:46 pm

ouch...
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 10:49 pm

My jug band blows.

HEE-HAWWW!!
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 12:16 am

The Love Circus has also been strutting through the Prevaricators' "Living in Khaki."
Posted: Sep 16, 2005 5:54 pm

Are you sure it has nothing to do with it being a Cheater Slicks show?

Haha... Actually the birthday show did have a great turnout... It was the first show we "promoted" on MySpace, and I think it made a big difference! Plus I met my Goner friends Nick & Lula in person for the first time. When I told my friend Will I was going to meet a couple that I had been corresponding with on the Internet, he said "Are you and Dana SWINGERS?" HAHAHA No, thank God, we are not... So breathe a sigh of relief, kids.
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 12:57 am

The Willowz went through a succession of drummers and second guitarists, practiced in an abandoned house and struggled to launch their first cross-country tour. "We couldn't rent a car because we were all seventeen or eighteen," Follin says. "The only person who'd drive us was this transvestite from New York. He was mad creepy."

they must be talking about scottie diablo..........

oh april nov-hack. you are so sweet. you are soooo punk rock. your sharp wit and quick tongue should get you places. too bad your myspace rat trap band hasnt gone anywhere. maybe you need to shut your piss flaps long enough to write a decent song. the way you break me down on this board is super clever. keep up the good work. if you guys ever make it to the west coast, i'll bring some summer's eve to wash out that little potty mouth of yours. happy holidays!
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 1:03 am

This thread is sooooo great. Love to love ya baby! OOOOOOOHHHHHH.
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 1:44 am

and miss no-hack is a 99% buzzkill.
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 2:04 am

Hey Scottie,
I guess it took you two months to formulate a comeback to what April said. That's very telling isn't it?!
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 2:16 am

dear scotty,

you're just angry because you don't have a mommy and rumor has it you have a small pee pee.... girls probably won't even talk to you unless it's to talk shit... pfft..
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 2:22 am

Hey Scottie,
I guess it took you two months to formulate a comeback to what April said. That's very telling isn't it?!

naw...i've been on tour for most of summer/fall. home for the holidays and stumbled across her continued obsession of talking about me.
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 2:23 am

dear scotty,

you're just angry because you don't have a mommy and rumor has it you have a small pee pee.... girls probably won't even talk to you unless it's to talk shit... pfft..

huh? lemme get my dick out of your mouth so i can undertand you
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 2:35 am

UNDERTAND??? pfft....
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 4:23 am

yup.....im a big wet cunt
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 5:21 am

then get fucked!!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 4:41 am

i'm sorry my band doesn't have major label goals like the people you "support". maybe you'd like us if we were sell outs too.
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 5:15 am

IN YO FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love this thread
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 5:27 am

Scott,

My guitar player's nephew wanted me to tell you he's apologizes for the bite marks he put on your pillow.
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 3:31 pm

This thread should be in the Goner Hall of Fame.
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 6:23 pm

it just sucks that all of the stupid shit that scottie was saying before got deleted.
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 8:50 pm

"The Strokes were playing in L.A.," Follin says. "We snuck in and ended up hanging out with them. Our drummer was drunk and got in a fight with their bass player. We ended up spray-painting 'The Willowz' on their tour bus."

Yeah I know how that shit goes. One time I met Jack White, and I was like, "why don't you learn how to play some real music, asshole?". He looked like he was about to cry. When I threatened to beat his ass, he ran over to Meg. Then I took his Twin Reverb and threw it against the wall. Later on, we painted "The Pillowz" on their huge tour bus. The road crew was too puss to even try to stop us. Did I mention I love The MC5, hate emo?
Posted: Dec 5, 2005 12:12 am

Wollowz made LA Weekly's honorable mention for bands of 2005.
Posted: Dec 5, 2005 1:40 am

ONE TIME I WAS AT A "JET" CONCERT, THOSE PUSSIES WANTED A PEICE< I GAVE EM THE WHOLE THING!

Funny, man! Reminds me of the time when I was still a classical musician/ abstract painter in California. I was about 20 at the time, it was a real hoot.
Posted: Dec 8, 2005 10:32 am

one time... aw, foget it...
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 4:26 am

i guess scottie diablo has the last laugh?

Rolling Stone names Willowz the #46 album of the year in their 50 Best Albums of the Year this year (issue w/ King Kong on the cover)
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 4:45 am

but do you really think that we care which bands rolling stone likes? who's their company? i'm sure it's other corporate shit.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 4:12 pm

WOW! How did I miss this thread? Ooh, ooh, I know! It's because Willowz SUCKS and I never bothered to click on it until today (and thats only b/c I saw it had over 4,000 hits and I was like wtf).
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 5:33 pm

but do you really think that we care which bands rolling stone likes? who's their company? i'm sure it's other corporate shit.

you guys sure care about The Gris Gris....and they had a high mention in Entertainment Weekly. you cant get any more corporate than that.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 6:08 pm

Last time I checked.. Gris Gris pretty much came out on top on "The Most Over-rated Band of 2005".

Anyway... I'm not gonna jump on the S. Diablo bash'n bandwagon. If somebody would pay me enough money, I'd wear a Jet t-shirt everyday and swear they rock.
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 12:33 am

I can't wait to meet Scottie...
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 1:04 am

i might be meeting him sooner than he thinks!
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 1:05 am

is that a threat or a promise
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 1:05 am

i'm not much of a threat......but i might be making a visit to LA very soon....
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 1:20 am

when are you coming here april? for work? for gigs? for vacation? i'm here til jan 12 (unless i am able to get a good air fare and then i'll be in TN in 10 days time). if you're here when i am, i'll take you around
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 7:39 am

it's after the 12th.....sorry......sucks cuz it's just a few days after that....

i'm coming out with a friend's band for their video shoot.
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 8:27 am

well... things change all the time - so let's keep in touch -- i would love to take you to all the fab taco stands & mex food joints that are hidden away off the beaten path

last year, i got stuck in cali an extra 3 weeks because of the mudslide between my house and the airport - road was closed for a 25 mile stretch in both directions...i couldn't leave. there's always something. sometimes it works out for the best times, too!
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 8:34 am

Rolling Stone names Willowz the #46 album of the year in their 50 Best Albums of the Year this year (issue w/ King Kong on the cover)

i always knew King Kong would become famous sometime...

http://www.trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=king_kong
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 9:30 am

played a copy of The Willowz from the library, much too indi rock for me.
Posted: Dec 23, 2005 5:57 pm

both novaks will be there from jan 14th thru jan 18th.....can't wait!
Posted: Jan 23, 2006 11:33 pm

jesus...just got my advance copy of the new WILLOWZ record, entitled TALKINCIRCLES on Sympathy. after first listen i was blown away. it's huge and fuckin incredible. keith morris guests on the record which is good enough for me.

Great opening line.

Other lovely details were edited out by the submitter. Just wanted to bump this for your rereading pleasure.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 12:06 am

guess scottie diablo has the last laugh?

But does ANY of it mean shit unless it translates into sales?
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 1:48 am

can we take a vote for separation between church, state and rock n roll. . . .

i vote, i'm in. enjoy your nights when the floor may cave.
Posted: Jan 24, 2006 1:59 am

Brad sleepz on pillowz.
Posted: May 8, 2006 2:51 pm

U CANT GET ANY MORE CORPORATE THAN THAT!!!
Posted: May 27, 2006 9:16 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhat is that picture?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted: May 27, 2006 9:58 pm

A big thanks to everyone who came out to see THE WILLOWZ on thier recent tour of SXSW and a few post-SXSW dates. I had the great pleasure of tour managing the band and look forward to future work with them. If you haven't picked up thier new Sympathy record - THE WILLOWZ ARE COMING - I encourage you to do so. They also have a new record dropping in June - which I've heard and it is nothing short of incredible.

In other Willowz news - if you live in any country outside the US and Japan, you can currently hear the WILLOWZ song, Something, in the new Renault car commercial campaign. The Willowz can also be heard Sunday March 27 on MTV's Viva La Bam show as well. Good things are happening and I'm proud to be aboard.

Look for THE WILLOWZ to be touring Austrailia in June 2005. Their record will be released via Smash Records in Austrailia!!
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:33 am

I just bought the Willowz-Willowz Are Coming. IT rules. Yeah, I know I am a couple of years late on this, and that the Willowz are sorta "collegiate" or "alternative"-ish, but this is a super great record.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:54 am

get raped on.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 8:38 am

The Willowz are fucking idiots. I saw them yell at the soundman about feedback, when it was coming from their own amps, not the p.a. system. I'd love to see them in a few years when they have to get haircuts and real jobs.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 9:12 am

i did get to meet scottie last year at that show in LA....he's about a foot shorter than me and had really long hair. he came up and let me know that i was on his "shit list". i just rolled my eyes and turned around. i really didn't have anything to say to him. he seemed like a totally insecure idiot. also, the willowz were total dicks.

i was down at murphys like a month ago putting up some fliers and they asked me if i could stay and work door for the show....i found out it was for the willowz. i just laughed and walked away....
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 2:08 pm

couple of them are pretty nice. couple of the dudez are jizzbags. too bad for the nice ones.

but they do have pretty hair.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 3:01 pm

it looks like they are now opening up for the detroit cobras. administrator merge threads.
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Willowzzz played GB not too long ago (skipped it), and Timebomb Tom spent about a half hour trying to convince me that they ruled and I'd like them. Fuck that. Wonder if El Diablo was with 'em, that mighta convinced me to attend.

fierydrunk/saispas:
This shit is worse than the days-long Alienator baiting of 2003.

Lay off or communicate this boring music "industry" duel with the email option.

Christ, can anyone say "ironical?" You fix that fucking soapdish yet?
Posted: Jul 18, 2007 4:30 pm

i was down at murphys like a month ago putting up some fliers and they asked me if i could stay and work door for the show....i found out it was for the willowz. i just laughed and walked away....

Seems like you missed a golden opportunity to pocket all their cash!
If you're gonna be on someone's shit list, you might as well do something to deserve it, right?
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 7:36 am

Seems like you missed a golden opportunity to pocket all their cash!

it didn't seem like many people were showing up....plus i had way better things to do like sit at my house and do nothing
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 7:47 am

just rolled my eyes and turned around.

Did he check out your ass? And if he did-did you accuse him of grabbing your cooch?
Posted: Jul 19, 2007 7:57 am

i dunno but he did ask to kiss me....he said that it was from mike mccarthy, but that makes no sense.
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®