Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Free trip from LA to Memphis and back
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 1:35 am

ok so heres the deal, I need some one to drive with me from LA to Memphis, then Ill buy your plane ticket back to LA. I plan on leaving May 30th. You must be able drive a stick shift. Email me.
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:05 am

I'd totally do it but this would be my parameters

I'm in Tucson (8 hours east of LA on the I-10) you pick me up then I drive with you, I want to be in Austin for June 3rd, 4th and 5th http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=6078

you fly me back to tucson or phx (your choice whichever's cheaper)
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:06 am

I've driven from Vegas to Tucson twice and it was 8 hours there. Are you sure it isn't more like 12 hours? This is my "Fuck with Mark Beef Day." I've had three beers and got all kindsa unruly.
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:07 am

yo MArk that may be do-able, whats going down in Austin, I wouldnt mind stopping off there my-self.
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:09 am

i just have to be in memphis by June 6th, which is only a 10 hr drive from Austin
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:50 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

if you click on that dealio it'll take you to the thread talking about what's going on in Austin, but there's Kajun SS and a bunch of other bands playing

naw it's only like an 8/9 hour drive from LA to Tucson

of course it all depends on traffic too and blah blah blah but you totally don't have to drive throught those hills and two lane roads like it is from Las Vegas to Phoenix

of course it only takes me like 6 hours to get to Vegas from Tucson so maybe I'm just better than you, bazooka
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:56 am

yeah i looked at the link after i posted that message, and i mapquested LA to tucson and its like 7 and a half hours.
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 2:57 am | Edited by: bazooka joe

That's awesome. Don't forget to stop at that Chinese lunch buffet in Kingman, AZ. It's pretty good! And probably why it took me an extra two hours :(
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 3:16 am

I am not sure yet if this is going to be my plan or not. Plan A is my friend who actually lives near me, well in San Diego. If he is not able to get off from work then Mark, you'll be plan be. I should know for sure by the end of this week. We just really have to be in memphis by June 6th cause my ass has summer classes to go to.
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 4:44 pm

If yer gonna drive 8 hours out of your way to pick up Mark, why not drive to Memphis alone? Sorry Mark, but the drive between LA and Tuscon is a scary one. There's a point where you can't get gas for like 175 miles or something. I hear the coyotes a howling!
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 4:51 pm

Red Eye went with me from Vegas too Tucson and our only complaint was that Professor 8000% percent was in the back seat
Posted: Apr 20, 2005 7:36 pm

how is stopping in Tucson from LA on the way to Memphis OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

oh wait you're a girl, I shouldn't expect you to be able to read a map (joking)

I'd say the drive thru Texas is way scarier as well
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 1:34 am

Yeah I am not real thrilled about driving from LA to Tucson, but my other option isnt going to happen. Plus I have some friens in Austin that I would really like to see for a couple days.
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 4:38 am

It's not that far to go from LA to Tucson, if you want company on that drive, let me know...
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 4:38 am

just buy me a bus ticket back to LA...
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 6:14 am | Edited by: underthewires

the drive from LA to Tucson is a scenic, easy drive witha few rugged desert outposts spread out to give u plenty of opportunities to stop and eat, the sizzler in BLYTHE comes recommended, as well as the cracker barrel outside o 'phoenix, although to make time u can cut down the 85 and avoid phoenix all together...I just did it in February, it'll be an 8 hour trip or 7 -I dont remember if AZ is an hour ahead right now or not.

Arizona doesnt do the time change, like an outlaw state or somthin...
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 6:45 pm

Once you get OUT of LA, it's 7 or 8 hours. The problem is that 4 hours to get the fuck out of there (depending on where you are in LA. :) ). Last 2 times I drove LA-MEM it seemed like it took forever. I made it all the way to Ft. Smith, AR without stopping (well, i stopped to eat and gas up the car). Fucking long assed drive by myself.
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 8:45 pm | Edited by: underthewires

yeah it really depends on the time and day u leave dude, but it can be a total nightmare
Posted: Apr 23, 2005 1:35 am

yeah, tell me somthing i dont know about damn LA traffic. Well my plans have changed anyway, If I get this Apt rented by the first of May then I am going to San Diego for a couple months, If I dont get the Apt rented then its road trip time in June. Heres hopeing I make it to San Diego.
Posted: Apr 23, 2005 7:42 pm

Yeah, you're right Mark. I need to get a roadmap. I just remember the ride being sketchy. Hell, I live in Vegas and always forget that there is a big country out there aside from Nevada and California. It's been so long since I have been anywhere outside of CA,NV and AZ.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®