Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New records for me!
Posted: Apr 10, 2005 3:13 am

So after a spell of being insanely broke, and having to spend my fat tax return on moving out of a fucking nuthole building early, I scraped up 50 bux and went to the rekkid shop for the first time in ages. Here's what I got:

Lamps LP - totally freakin' dig it. this broke my new apartements cherry for first record played in it.

Krunchies LP - probably my favorite out of the bunch. owns my face. majorly.

Candysnatchers s/t LP - been looking for this since I broke my copy when I moved into the last nuthole building. I love this record, even if it makes me a 'rawk' dork or whatever the new insult is. great band, brings back fond memories of when I could afford drugs. used for $6

High Tension Wires LP - I kinda don't like one song on this, but love the rest. really great album. I think if Mike Weibe wasn't in this band, more people would fall all over this thing, but instead the Gambler hata's tagged it as verboten. Me likey very muchy.

Ghettoways LP - lovin' it. the songs I found on the net way back when either were different versions (slower) or my turntable is off a bit. No matter, both versions get thumbs up.

Johnny Vomit & Dry Heaves 7" - I probably would like this, if it wasn't for the fact that there is a perfectly straight groove cut across the disc right across the middle making it unlistenable. In my sabbatical from purchasing records I forgot my code to inspect all unsealed records for defects before buying. Is this a pressing error (anyone else have this?) or is my luck just continually going downhill and I should just revel in the fact that I am eternally cursed?

I planned on buying some more records (Battleship 12", Viva...Deathray LP that got busted up in last move, Dutch Masters 7", VEE DEE on vinyl, tons more), and also finally sending Goner Boards own motorhoney some scratch for a fine piece of art that was planned back in January...

..but my neverending curse decided to rear it's ugly head once again this morning and drop a bill for $675 in my lap for a complete front end brake job on my truck. Fuck. My. Goddamned. Luck. If anyone needs me, look in the oven.

I still love my new records!

ct
Posted: Apr 11, 2005 2:07 pm

i bought the krunchies lp at the wluw record fair this weekend. then i set about to replace records from my ex's collection that i grew attached to. i forgot to go back and get the damn husker du records.
Posted: Apr 11, 2005 5:04 pm

you dont need the husker du records....the 80s are over...move on.
Posted: Apr 11, 2005 5:13 pm

that makes no sense at all. those albums are fucking amazing, all time favorites.
Posted: Apr 11, 2005 6:19 pm

that makes no sense at all

Was that pun intended? If not it's pretty funny.
Posted: Apr 12, 2005 9:03 pm

$675.00? That's a lot of money for a brake job. What kind of a truck and what year? Next time, do it yourself. I'll even lend a hand. I did my brakes all the way around on my van. It's a wonder the thing even stopped. I had to replace everything and it wasn't anywhere near $675. Are you going to Black Lips on Friday? The Blowfly show on Wed. was a riot.
Posted: Apr 13, 2005 1:14 am

I needed new calipers (both were dragging) and new rotors. it was grinding like a bitch. the rotors are the big cost. i even got new bearings and new dust caps put on. plus if i did it myself, i'd still have to take that whore in to get the rotors turned and brakes adjusted...and my days of bleeding brakes solo are over.

i'm definitely gonna try to make the black lips show. we're playing the late show afterwards. stick around if you can, fo sho.

ct
Posted: Apr 13, 2005 1:37 am

New Ghettoways record fucking SLAYS. I cannot reiterate that enough. According to Jenna it's due out in a couple of months. Promo copy is on heavy rotation at the HarryEddie/MemphisMike Party pad.
Is that Candy Snatchers record the one with the singer bleeding on the front with the mic in his hand? I think it unofficially goes by 'the loho recording'. Could be wrong though. That record does fuckin rock. Good buy's dude!
Posted: Apr 13, 2005 3:38 am

If it's the first one you've got "That's Why I Drink" to use forever until you die.
Posted: Apr 13, 2005 3:53 am

Yeah...I have the cd . It has Noel,the sound guy from the Continental on the back with a beer bottle. It also has the video for that song on the cd that plays in the com-puter. yeee-haaawww!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®