Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Peter Frampton... not that bad!
Posted: Apr 1, 2005 2:59 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

So, I been listening to a lot of Frampton lately, particularly Frampton Comes Alive. So many inspired tunes played in one of the best live performances ever. If you've never heard this album from beginning to end you may think you can sum it up with "Baby I Love Your Way" and "Do You Feel Like We Do?" but you would be wrong. It's just pure magic all the way through. The best way to describe it is "laid back rock", mellow songs that still manage to jam. There are also a few of the best acoustic numbers i've ever heard in my life. The lead guitar work is some of the most stunning ever captured on a live album and Frampton's voice is flawless. This album is the reason everyone makes such a fuss about the live sound, when it is done right it delivers something a studio album cannot. Also, the recording is done perfectly so every instrument is heard clearly.

So Goners, I ask that you give Frampton Comes Alive another chance. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEE HAW!!!
Posted: Apr 1, 2005 3:29 pm

Until I can come up with a better prank than last year's (I know, I had a whole year to work on it but I got lazy) I'm on April Fool's hiatus.

Oh yeah, out of the 300+ people I tried to get last year, only one person fell for it. It was Paddy Motherfuckin' Bullocks. HEE-HAWW!!!
Posted: Apr 1, 2005 3:38 pm

i know that was lame but a friend of mine is SERIOUSLY into Frampton. Those were almost his exact words. scary.

I need to work on a good prank for tonight.
Posted: Apr 1, 2005 3:49 pm

Here's the mass email I sent last year:

Hey SUH-WINGERS!!! I'm djing a special happy hour
session tonight from 6-9 pm at THE DISTINGUISHED
WAKAMBA on 8th Avenue (bet. 37th/ 38th). I'll be
playin' the super-shakin' maraca-fueled goombay and
calypso, hawaiian and belly dance-exploito, boogaloo
and bossa, and tonsa goofed-out jungle rock and songs
about birds! First 15 people through the door with a
print-out of this email get a FREE MAI TAI!!! If you
haven't been to the Wakamaba before, this place is FUH
FUH FUH FUNKY!!! NO COVER!!! For more information:
212-564-2042

There was no gig, I wasn't even at the bar drinkin', but Paddy showed up with a print-out, all thirsty and shit.
Posted: Apr 2, 2005 7:48 pm

I like Peter Frampton.
Posted: Apr 3, 2005 11:17 pm

yeah I know this is gonna cost me "cool points" on here, but "Frampton comes Alive" ---has some good shit on it!! I ain't 'salting on anybody that doesn't like it...I can understand why. Frampton did do some fucking alwful shit...well so did the stones...everybody did some awful shit...maybe it's cause I'm an old geezer and whatever..but frampton comes alive actually brings back some good memories of the 70's for me. I was about 10 when it came out and I dug it. I was raised on Humble Pie played for me by my older hippie sisters, so I dug Frampton..fuck it. it's good. I like alot of classic rock that's probably considered sucky. whatever. I also hate alot of it...just like every form of music...some of it's good, some of it's bad...some of it thats bad I like for reasons unkown...some of it thats "good" I hate for other reasons.
Posted: Apr 4, 2005 2:02 pm

"Alive" and "Budukon" could both rock the fuck out of this record. So could that dumb live Aerosmith record with the red cover that they put out in the 70's. NUFF SAID.
Posted: Apr 4, 2005 5:37 pm

do you feel....
i said do you feel...

goddamnit!
Posted: Apr 4, 2005 6:02 pm

Features "The World's Greatest Drummer, Ever"...

it must be good.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=10:l98uakjk0m3c
Posted: Apr 4, 2005 6:12 pm

Damon Che from Don Caballero is the World's Greatest Drummer, Ever.
Posted: Apr 4, 2005 7:18 pm

too bad his band sucks
Posted: Apr 5, 2005 7:33 am

I had a dream that I was a roadie for the Framp and after the show - which was at this huge stadium - he comes off hands me his guitar and says to me "Here darius - I'm exhausted go out and play the encore for me - they'll never notice" - so I go out on stage aand the Framp is right not one fucker says anything and everyones going mental. Only thing was I didn't know any of the words to his songs so I just did "Show Me The Way" ind that stupid electronic voice and muffed my way thru it. The Crowd loved it. Aye, it was a cool show.
Posted: Apr 5, 2005 12:53 pm

Believe it or not, a friend of mine back in Indy's mom and dad told me that my friend was conceived at a Frampton concert. How's that for permenantly fuckin' up your whole outlook on life as you know it? I mean the kid didn't even know what hit him. This was the first that he heard about ever and I was sittin' there. HA!
Posted: Apr 5, 2005 4:44 pm

too bad his band sucks

I HEARD THAT!

... And speaking of the Talk Box, has anyone ever stuck it up there butt and farted through it? I mean somebody must have?
Posted: Apr 5, 2005 8:44 pm

There's a box?
I thought he was the only guy who was so radically awesome on guitar that he could make the strings talk!
At least... that's what my construction worker friends told me.
Next you'll tell me there's no Santa Claus!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®