Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Oblivians Tribute Sampler Track
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 9:26 pm | Edited by: Rev_Dan

Warning! This file is almost 5mb....

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40d9e00d_e2b8/bc/rev+it+up/Static+Party+Sampler+Track.mp3?BCYxcSCBW2ei2K fP

here's the order of snipits...
kajun ss, jeffrey novak one man band, the original three, lost sounds, redondo beat, the shop fronts, the black lips, the lids, lost sounds, the jabs

I don't have all of the recordings with me so this is not including quite a few tracks.... please forgive the sloppy chop job i did on combining tracks as all i've got is sound recorder here at work....
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 9:32 pm

I'm gonna need like, two eightballs when I get this. Nice job Shop Fronts, you hose bags!
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 9:35 pm

trust me, it's gonna blow your eardrums and yer mind!
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 9:41 pm

Cool, will you help me move my balls?
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 9:43 pm

ummmmm, no.
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 9:59 pm

Looks like I might have been shutdown by Yahoo..... uhhoh.... so can anyone host this file on their site?
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 10:01 pm

Why not make a myspace band page for it?
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 10:02 pm

I'm gonna when I get my internet connection at my new place... I can't do it here at work.. plus I think the file size is too large...
Posted: Mar 29, 2005 10:42 pm

I can host it, e-mail it to me mike@giantrobots.net
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 1:39 pm

Buck, I'm gonna send it to you right now! Thanks!!!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 3:18 pm

i might be able to record a song here in sweden if you still want one. but what songs are (un)available?
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 3:47 pm

Mark, that would be great! I would love to have you do Static Party though... You think you could do that??

Here's the songs that are already taken:

Don't Haunt Me
Never Change
Clones
Nigger Rich
If Mother Knew
Motorcycle Leather Boy
Love Killed My Brain
Pill Popper Pts 1&2
You Fucked Me Up You Put Me Down
Something 4 Nothing
Strong Come On
I Don't Wanna Live Alone
You Better Behave
Part Of Your Plan
Trouble
I'm Not A Sicko There's A Plate In My Head
Mad Lover
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 4:06 pm

i dunno, cuz some pals in montreal do that one and i'd feel kinda weird about interloping... any other ideas? in the meantime i'll ask them if it's cool.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 4:28 pm

who's the pals? If it's Chi, then tell him to get me that recording! He orignially said he was gonna do it, but that was like back in August and I never heard anymore from him. Soooooo, How 'bout Do The Milkshake, Feel Real Good, Big Black Hole - the fast version (since Louie has yet to get back in touch with me on that one), Shut My Mouth, Can't Afford You, Kick your Ass, What Rock 'n' Roll Is All About, Bum A Ride, Blew My Cool, No Reason To Live... I dunno... that's just a list, man!
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:18 pm

mark, do one!
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:31 pm

anyone doing no reason to live?
if not, can i do it?
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:33 pm

Blew My Cool! I can't believe nobody has taken that. What a great fuckin' song.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:42 pm

Already broken again?
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:47 pm

No one is doing Emergency?
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:58 pm

they better... or somebody's gonna get hurt
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 5:59 pm

Yeah somebody need to get on No Reason To Live, pronto.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:09 pm

I heard that The King Khan & BBQ Show played "Feel Real Good" at the first Montreal show. That would be a pretty great contribution to the album
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:25 pm

What's the title of this thing? I suggest "Obliterated."
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:27 pm

i was gonna suggest feel real good for mark. that's one of my favorites.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:30 pm

Who are the Oblivians again?
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:34 pm

Damn, I was gonna say that.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Yup. That small list I suggested to Mark are songs that I would love to hear people do, but no one's stepped up to the plate on these! The tile is gonna be Static Party.... Figured it's suitable for what this is... Hence why I want a "party" of topless girls on the cover!!! Obliterated was good, but it makes me think of black metal. the other title I was workin' with was Oblivious, but then I opted for Static Party instead....

I am accepting any tracks that people wanna record for this... If you feel the urge to do it, then gimme the tracks by the end of this month.... I wanna get this into production asap! Now mind you, just because you send me track doesn't mean it'll go on it, but it'll be considered.... Shoot me an e-mail and let me know what song yer gonna do and then mail recordings to:

Dan O'Connell
498 Commerce Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Thanks everybody!

Still waitin' on someone to host this damn file though....
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:43 pm

I think you should have a pic of Louie peeing on "somebody" for the cover.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:46 pm

Dano,
The Furies will take one----No reason, The Leather.....
Also, Hot Machines....maybe....????--------She's a Hole?
-We couldn't get ya anything till late May. Let me know, email me.
-M
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 6:56 pm

Ok, here it is:
http://mike.giantrobots.net/StaticParty/StaticPartySamplerTrack.mp3

If you're gonna listen to it more than once, please go to http://mike.giantrobots.net/StaticParty/ and download the file...for bandwidth purposes.

Awesome stuff Dan, can't wait to hear the whole thing.
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 7:05 pm

Well, it depends on if that "somebody" will be here for the Blackout! HAHAHH! I think I could talk Loomis into that!

Bills, The Leather is a cover, man, so go with No Reason To Live. Hot Machines now have dibs on She's A Hole.... Thanks, man!!! I'll call you later this evenin' if yer gonna be around...

Buck, thanks for doin' that for me! Greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 7:06 pm

Are you helping me move? PLEASE??? I'll get you some day-old bagels and lox for breakfast!
Posted: Mar 30, 2005 7:10 pm

Joe, knock it off with that Rabbi shit... I gave you yer name back...
Posted: Mar 31, 2005 2:18 am

A-Frames should do "Robot Blues."
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®