Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / What would it take?
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 9:30 pm

What would it take to Make Goner Board Great Again? I'm kinda down right now and I miss my daily fill of goner board magic. I don't do social media, so, I guess I'm the odd troll out of this equation. What can I contribute to make this a more interesting platform for others to engage with? Last I knew, the Goner Message Board didn't reside in the cloud. It wasn't giving its data to corporations for consumption and targeted advertising. It was a platform for similar minded folks to communicate about their interests, foibles and drug/fashion usage. Is it so hard for some to bother to log in and post some small missive? What would make the effort to do so worth it? I'm totally up for generating some contrivance of interest to spark participation. Want to watch a video of me eating a hot dog? Want to ask for lyrics to some obscure song? I could be into that. Want to ask deadcityrebel how to cuff his too long legged jeans? Want to know what Bazooka Joe's favorite frozen samosa is? How can I argue with a sock puppet if no one posts? How can I redirect threads if RachelInTheCity isn't posting some inane rant about something? ArrgghhhhH!!!!!! People are the worst.
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 11:05 am

My bus driver is going real fast and aggressive on the freeway right now. It's freaking me out. If I survive, I'm seeing Davila 666 this weekend. Stoked for that. Last time I saw them was during the worst part of my divorce. Almost flaked at the last minute, but was so glad I didn't. They were so great - totally spun my mood around, it was just what I'd needed. Now my driver is tailgating a double decker bus with a training driver. Fuck. And who did Larry Craig thought won the debates last week? Things have been real mum in his bathroom stall lately.
Speaking of which... what kind of hot dog??
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 12:43 pm

you use your thumb to the depth you want.
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 4:48 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 4:52 pm

i really like that i can use italics
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 5:03 pm

Just imagine if there was a dark mode.
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 5:04 pm

Lately, I've been liking the hot dogs that come with the whole peppers on them - which region is that?
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 8:35 pm

Sounds real scientific, so I'd guess Scientology?

Oh wait, thought you said religion. Either way...
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 9:33 pm

It's funny you said Scientology because when I look out my window at work, I'm looking right into the Scientology building and can see L Ron's desk.
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 5:19 pm

Dang, really?? Can you see Tom Cruise jumping on a couch in the next room?
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 6:40 pm

Supposedly, you can have a free lunch inside their atrium kitchen but I've been too much of a wussy to try that out.
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 10:25 pm

Would love for more action to be actioning. Let's make it happen. New board? Pictures?
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 4:28 pm

Some Sunset Strip billboards promoting the Goner Board oughta do it.
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 10:27 pm

tell all the young kids this board has been aound since the '9inteies
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 10:41 pm

johnny otis davila memes
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 10:26 am

you're a johnny otis davila memes
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am

eric o:
Would love for more action to be actioning. Let's make it happen. New board? Pictures?

an app for my space phone...unless i missed that and it already exists...
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 10:57 am

What would you propose the app to do? Would it have a Goner soundboard of funny sayings, like "YourAreA" or "I'm Gay"? Would it send notifications that you are missing an act at Gonerfest? Would it let you take selfies with overlays to post with your posts? Would it require permissions to everything on your phone?
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 12:12 pm

"selfies with overlays"

Do you mean something like a Dick Pic Generator?
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 1:58 pm

leftpeg:
Do you mean something like a Dick Pic Generator?

That would work great for the dating feature of the Goner app, located right next to the Angry Bradx game!
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 4:26 pm | Edited by: DCR

The Troll:
What would you propose the app to do?

everything it does now, just on my phone. i want to click a little square on my screen with a big 'g"
on it and be able to read the board. i still only use my laptop to read it now. i really don't know what an app is i just know it makes everything easier. thats all i really want.

i would definitely play an angry bradx game.
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 4:47 pm

Why don't you just use a browser on your phone to read it? I thought at one point WombRaider enabled a mobile version of the message board but I don't think it necessarily worked well. Why does everything need an app?

Maybe the Goner app would have a feature where you could upload a selfie and then it would apply some complicated algorithm and show you what your face would look like once you were a Goner.
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 5:07 pm

Would you be able to use your Goner app any better if you had that cellphone up your butt?
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 5:07 pm

we need to mount a camera inside BJ's mouth so we can have a live feed of him whenever he eats
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Jesse Garon
Jesse Garon:
Would you be able to use your Goner app any better if you had that cellphone up your butt?

That would be a part of the the app that handles self pleasure. It utilizes that technology as seen on Shark Tank where the app uses a technique of turning on and off the phone's vibration until it rotates 360. The BJ throat cam would be an addon that costs more and also goes in the self pleasure section.
Posted: Aug 1, 2019 9:51 pm

The Troll:
a technique of turning on and off the phone's vibration until it rotates 360.

only if its notifications from ned hayden emails.
Posted: Aug 2, 2019 4:14 pm

The Troll:
That would work great for the dating feature of the Goner app, located right next to the Angry Bradx game!

A button that posts an audible HEE HAW gif.
Posted: Aug 2, 2019 4:37 pm

[HEEHAW]
Posted: Aug 2, 2019 11:43 pm

"the daily donkey"
where donkey posts a factoid or crucial link every day.
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 11:14 am

I'm back.

Rain day. I'm gonna crack a beer and ponder this.
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 6:59 pm

The Driver

Well?
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 9:28 pm

Ha ha

Fair enough. I got distracted.

Hey, is anyone else listening to this radio show (WGXC) about the Laughner box set?
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 9:02 am

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 12:11 pm

Hey, is anyone else listening to this radio show (WGXC) about the Laughner box set?

I just ordered one a few days ago.
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 10:22 pm

drama. what we need is some drama.
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am

Well, I did hear this rumor...
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 11:52 pm

Hellllooooo Gooners!

YES! The rumor is true. Dominic Fumusa and I have reunited on the set of "Divorce"! I know! it's been like, 20 years since we were "together" on the Emmy winning Sex and the City, so it will be a big treat for all you little Gooners out there when it airs! Feel free to send your "Congratulations" gift baskets to the W Hotel in Union Square as we are "slumming it" for the weekend to see how the little people live. Some of them just sit in the park all day! Who knew?

Anyhoo...
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Now, the way to make the Gooner Bored better would be to have this wonderful painting of ME as the first thing you see when you come here. It would make everyone feel classy as well as know their place. I commissioned Pepe Jr Jr's family in wherever to have it made. Ok, i threatened his job but thats OK because they were HAPPY TO DO IT! It only took them 8 months and they lost a couple of siblings in the process, but thats a small price to pay for PRICELESS ART right? Regardless, it would be a 100% improvement. Also, we could have my new shoe line samples rotate on each side of the screen so you will be reminded of what to buy me.

YOU'RE WELCOME!
BUY MY PERFUME!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®