Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Recommended summer reading
Posted: Aug 1, 2018 9:38 pm

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 8:38 pm

city of illusions - Ursula K LeGuin
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 11:31 pm

Don't Point That Thing At Me - Kyril Bonfiglioli. I also just reread The Watchmen which is a fun read.
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 11:36 pm

Since he died this year, another good series to crack on for the summer would be Peter Temple's Jack Irish series. The first is 'Bad Debts'. A great beach read.
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 11:41 pm

Richard Russo's 'Nobody's Fool' is a great read. I also liked Tom Drury's 'End of Vandalism' as well as Magnus Mills 'All Quient On The Orient Express'.
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 11:45 pm

I always recommend George MacDonald Frasher's 'Flashman' series. Start with 'Royal Flash', just because that was the first one i read and it is still my fave.
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 11:50 pm

If you want some non-fiction, Krakauer's 'Under The Banner Of Heaven' is totally good, as is Wright's 'Going Clear'. Anything by Mary Roach is also awesome, though I'm a fan of 'Gulp'.
Posted: Aug 3, 2018 11:55 pm

I also recently read Keith Rosson's 'The Mercy Of The Tide' and have 'Smoke City' to read. A totally random book I picked up in an airport last year was 'Dark Matter' by Blake Crouch that was worth the admission.
Posted: Aug 4, 2018 8:24 am

Right now I'm reading "Oliver Twist ". After that I have "Empire of Liberty" queued up. "EoL" is one of those history books where it's like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant. It's not very light reading. But I think I can handle it since I kissed Mary Jane goodbye and am getting my attention span back.
Posted: Aug 4, 2018 5:05 pm

Quintron in Europa! A great way to spend a couple hours any time of the year.
Posted: Aug 6, 2018 1:04 pm

the news
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®