Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Wire is Goner
Posted: Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

I never knew ye personally, but I knew you was good people. Weird that his last three topics here were RIP posts. Godspeed, David Mumm!

https://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?phrase=&posterName=wire&action=search&s earchGo=1
Posted: Mar 25, 2018 3:01 pm

only met him a handful of times, always got a good impression from him. he loved rock and roll.
Posted: Mar 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Thanks for posting. He was a wonderful person in many, many ways. I'm really, really sorry he's gone.
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 11:30 am

Really, really sad. This huge, biker looking guy just started showing up to shows, asking if he could help at all. Put his back into it. Got to play drums opening up for one of our bands and it was like the biggest thing in the world to him, he was so happy.

Did not expect this at all... on the list for a kidney and figured things would turn around. Sad days. He lived a life. Condolensces to family and friends.
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Got to play drums opening up for one of our bands and it was like the biggest thing in the world to him, he was so happy.

Beautiful.
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 8:30 pm

eric o:
the biggest thing in the world

uva uvam vivendo varia fit
Posted: Apr 1, 2018 10:00 pm

Wire (Dave) is my older brother. He loved this board and this part of the Memphis music community. Thanks to everyone who bantered with him, talked to him at a show, etc.
Posted: Apr 2, 2018 10:10 am

We will miss him! Condolences to you and your family. So hard to believe that he is gone.
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 9:46 pm

WIRE put a topic up on this board years ago looking to jam. He and Trouble came to my place to fart around for a few hours . It was pretty fun(I think we bumbled through a dumbed down "Silly Girl" by Descendents and a Perfect Fits song that I liked and was easy enough to remember/sort of play off the top of my head) I thought he was a solid drummer. There might have been a little germ of something... we emailed cover songs back and forth to try and have a direction next time (some Circle Jerks from one of 'em, can't remember... but I sorta new some of the stuff off hand on the future suggestion list, that was cool...) anyway, a day or two latter Jay died, and that Plus the probable realization that he had real life, kinda took Trouble out of the picture.(or the possible realization that I only know two chords) David came over one or two more times and we had fun pounding it out. We kept up w/ each other saying "hi" at shows and a long running conversation on messenger. Super nice guy. We emailed a few weeks before his passing, and I told him I was looking forward to seeing him out at a show, once the liver transplant came through. Again, a really nice guy. bummed.
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 9:52 pm

dag
Jeezus, I just dropped the "k" in "knew" typo-positive
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®