Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / whats all this about bitcoins
Posted: Dec 20, 2017 9:05 am

anyone using it? buying into it? how does it "work"
Posted: Dec 20, 2017 11:23 am

i just saw a FB post from a friend here that comes over to buy records all the time that said:

Invested in bitcoin/crypto. Already making money! Excited to see where this goes!

pretty sure he wan't hacked. he's coming over for xmas eve. i'll axe.
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 1:56 am

The wording of that sounds kinda hackish.

A work associate recently was saying how he saved up a couple years ago to buy 1 bitcoin for $5000. He said at its peak, it went up in value to $17000 in value, but has since dropped to $15000 (or maybe $12000, I forget). From what he said, you can't spend them on anything, only use them for trade if someone was willing. Or turn around and sell it off to someone else. The whole thing sounds dumb as shit to me. Goofy collector bullshit, without the benefit of having something physical thing to show for it. That shit sounds dumber and dorkier than collecting magic cards.
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 1:57 am

(Sorry, no offense to your friend)
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

Total pyramid scheme that you can spend on hookers and blow.
Posted: Dec 21, 2017 1:27 pm

chiXpoXparty:
The whole thing sounds dumb as shit to me.

this gave me some insight
Posted: Dec 22, 2017 10:11 am

"fugazi"
Posted: Dec 22, 2017 12:26 pm

so, they can't be converted to cash? what's the point, Mr. Ponzi?
Posted: Dec 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Jesse Garon:
so, they can't be converted to cash?

pretty sure they can?
Posted: Dec 22, 2017 2:40 pm

DCR

Yeah, it's still confusing to me. I don't understand the mindset behind throwing so much money into buying currency that's not backed by anything when it bombs out. Reminds me of the whole, "I got a bridge to sell you" thing.
Posted: Dec 23, 2017 8:00 am

i doubt our gold/precious metals reserve is enough to back all the paper/digital money we use. probably hasn't been backed since the 70's.
Posted: Dec 23, 2017 11:23 am

DCR
You can't convert this shit to cash, but, you can sell it (like a commodity) to some fool who will pay you what you tell him it's worth. Otherwise, you just trade it a or move someplace that lets you pay for things with it.
Posted: Dec 23, 2017 2:31 pm

The Troll
that probably is the best answer ive found
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®