Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 1:58 am

How was it?
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 1:05 pm

chiXpoXparty
gonerfest was so goooooood! I went for saturday, saw so many bands, got two hours of sleep and then drove home.

Some of my faveskies:
Fire retarded
Archie and the Bunkers
Spray Paint
Sick Thoughts (life changing set)
MIDNIGHT SNAXXX
and then like all the bands at the aftershow
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 2:54 pm | Edited by: Pistol Pez

the day bands murdered the night bands

bands i never heard before that ruled =
pity, kool 100s, power, bloodbags, kid congo

bands i've already seen, who i figured would rule, and did, in fact, rule =
fire retarded, oh boland, nots, fred & toody, reigning sound, midnight snaxx, counter intuits, opposite sex
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 10:36 pm

Fred & Toody were great (better than when I saw them just a week ago), as was Reigning Sound. One of the best Buck Biloxi sets I've seen. Counter Intuits were okay but sound much better on record to be honest. Black Lips were godawful. Not the best Blind Shake set I've seen either. I stepped in on Saturday night but didn't really watch anything due to lack of interest...Sick Thoughts were alright but didn't really leave a mark, Bloodshot Bill did his shtick which is good for a few minutes, Control Freaks sounded terrible and were when I made for the exit. Should have been to the day shows but I couldn't bring myself to do it after the late nights. Shit just doesn't work like it did in my early 20s.
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 10:45 pm

Oh yeah, and Reverend John Wilkins was cool to see close out...wish more people had stuck around for it.

To me the big downfall of Gonerfest lately is seeing three days of bands who are mining relatively the same territory...makes it tough to attend the whole thing for me personally...a lot of bands with close to the right sound but without the tunes or melodies of the better bands who did that style years ago.

I think I've rambled enough now.
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 4:31 pm

Bummer to hear about Black Lips. I saw them last year at the burger boogaloo, and they were pretty good. It was the first time I'd seen them since the "let it bloom" days. I never really followed them or gave much of a listen to their albums after that, but they played well and the old songs still sounded great. I had forgotten what a killer song "MIA" was.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®