Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Burger Boogaloo
Posted: Jun 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Any goners coming to Oakland this weekend, and if not, why not?
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 11:45 am

i still haven't even been to a gonerfest. if I went to the boogaloo i'd be a mark.
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 6:37 pm

I'll be there. I wasn't that thrilled with last year's lineup but as soon as I saw Real Kids, Lyres, Flamin' Groovies and Young Fresh Fellows I was pretty much sold.
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 7:36 pm

I almost decided to go, but was pretty disappointed about last year. I believe my real issue is just being an old man, but, I really didn't like that you had to camp out at the main stage if you wanted to actually hear a band (while the second stage was easy to hear from anywhere). I also disliked the costume aspect of the my-first-garage-rock-fest and the fucking idiotic Pork Army retards everywhere. I did, however, quite enjoyed meeting up with old friends. Food could've been better (did they allow re-entry?) and lots of folks felt that they couldn't wait in line at the port-a-potties and would take shits in the trees behind you. I believe my real issue is just being an old man. The inflatables were cool!
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Joe - I haven't been to goner fest either, but really hoping to this year if the lineup's good. (Though, I'm surprised you haven't been yet).

Finnark - Last year was great (though not as solid as the prior year). Also looking forward to the Real Kids and Lyres (and fuckin FINK!!!), but I saw Flamin Groovies last year and they write unfortunately really disappointing...

Troll - I'm 40 (so maybe about yer age?). Last year, they oversold the event, so hopefully the main stage will be more accommodating this year (the VIP ticket is actually pretty worthwhile, because you get a spot in the trees to the left of the stage). Totally agree about the Pork folk, but to each their own, I spose...
Posted: Jun 23, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks for the VIP tip. I remember looking longingly at that section last year and kicking myself for not coughing up the extra moola. Hope you guys have a great weekend!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®