Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Where did everyone go?
Posted: Mar 22, 2016 11:58 pm

I've been posting on this forum since almost the start under different screen names. Why is it so dead now? It used to be so active. Did everyone migrate to Fartbook or something? Eric, what happened?!
Posted: Mar 23, 2016 4:21 pm

we looked at the stats for the goner board and even though it weathered friendster and myspace the evil facebook has proved its undoing... the time of the rise of facebook came at the time of decline of the goner board.

we appreciate the folks who still come by, will try to tend to it more myself and maybe we can keep the best parts alive.
Posted: Mar 23, 2016 5:38 pm

What's this facebook thing? Do I need one of those spider things to play it?
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 12:45 pm

i tried to start a migration from FB back here a years or so ago. i was starting topics and shit and no one wanted to play.

you can't be a dick to people on FB and still be "friends" at the same time. it's some psychological lie and they played everyone. i miss everyone being an obnoxious prick. also, it's the hippest shit in the world to put down "garage" music. so many bands killing it right now too.
Posted: Mar 26, 2016 9:51 am

URAHIPPESTGARAGE!1
Posted: Mar 27, 2016 4:01 pm

It's time to put on yer big boy pants and head over to LinkedIn(TM). It's a fun, free way for young professionals to mingle. There's even a jacuzzi! Couples welcome.
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 9:52 am

Everybody's on Burger Records' message board.
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 11:12 am

That's too bad, even though I do still own a cassette player...
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Aren't most of their threads just reissues of threads from better labels' message boards?
Posted: Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm

The Troll:
That's too bad, even though I do still own a cassette player...

My 11 month old is fascinated by the buttons on my dual cassette deck. Most action it's seen in years.
Posted: Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

That's pretty cool. I only use my dual deck for ripping vinyl on my ancient, moldy, component stereo down in the man cave. I have to pretend I'm copying to tape to get the pre-amp working and then run it to my equally janky computer while avoid stepping on the empties, odd fuzz and, for some reason, a gazillion patch cables that I don't use because I have no pedals. Crazings!
Posted: Mar 30, 2016 3:14 pm

That is the best DIY story I've heard in ages.

I remember when I was about 13 I used to plug headphones into my dad's stereo (turntable, amp & speakers - no tape deck) and plop them over the single condenser microphone on my mono boom box to record my fave records to listen to in the garden or on the road. There wasn't any kind of mono switch on his amp, so I was at the mercy of the stereo mix.
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey, I "like" you guys!
Posted: Apr 2, 2016 7:18 pm

Wonder what happened to Tigerblinds - always figured he'd be the last man standing here...
Posted: Apr 3, 2016 5:16 am

He posts regularly on fb as Phu King Tigerblinds.
Posted: Apr 6, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey this is Chris, my friend loaned me their profile so I can post on here. I would still be posting on this messageboard every day if I could get a working account. Not sure why it doesn't work, but maybe it's to protect me from shooting my own mouth off. But I could have a conversation with myself, I don't need a lot of traffic, I'm fueled by esoteric alternative archeology theories that could keep you wondering in circles for a lifetime. I think I might be to ripe for Goner prime time sometimes and that's fine. Like first of all the lay out of this messageboard has gotten too confusing, can we just go back to simpler times/message board designs, and take out the edit button? No one should even care about making sense. I'm pretty tired of all this music geared towards 13 year old girls, I don't see why we can't go back to the early days when nobody was on this board but drunks and old farts. Actually, why can't we get something going like they had in Mississippi before Fat Possum showed up, just a bunch of full of shit cranks talking shit? I mean is it because of all the long hairs making a move on that sound? It's not even about music, it's a about lifestyle.
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 11:45 am

I am eating famous amos cookies from the work vending machine, washing them down with an unsweetened iced tea. PARTY!!!!!
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Try crumbling the cookies in the ice tea, for the perfect sweetened ice tea. Hashtag, life hacks.
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 4:11 pm

I miss the angst, hatred, knowledge imparted, sturm und drang, random schizo shit as well as the crucial shit I would learn from random southerners on the Goner Board.Ten times better than the depressing religious family oriented shit I see on Facebook.Facebook as well as the newer apps suck.
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 2:30 pm

I will not put cookies in my tea.

I miss Ned.
Posted: Apr 21, 2016 8:53 am

I miss "The Duck" and that poodle.
Posted: Apr 28, 2016 8:18 pm

I'm back but never went away. My old account stopped working and I couldn't reset my password. So I secretly still trolled the board. Then I remembered I have a second email address and made another account!
Posted: Apr 29, 2016 5:27 pm

trickknee:
I miss "The Duck" and that poodle.

BAAAAA-RK!
Posted: May 1, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi.
Posted: Jul 2, 2016 4:21 am

I'm good. I still love the music. I've kind of become an amateur farmer raising chickens,bees, goats, and all kinds of food. I keep thinking " this year I'm going back to gonerfest"...but I don't. The older you get the more you tend to settle down and stay close to home. I have a dog named Trina that I got from dave in Nola( he drove her to me...5 hours away) from this board that has become a solid and much loved part of our family. Yeah this board is pretty great. I've met a bunch of the people. You know what? Mark Beef is a really nice dude. Just sayin.
Posted: Jul 5, 2016 9:52 am

But do you have goats that shoot bees out of their mouths?
Posted: Jul 5, 2016 11:04 am

Smithers, release the Robotic Richard Simmons!
Posted: Jul 6, 2016 4:15 pm

THIS IS PICKING UP
Posted: Jul 6, 2016 9:07 pm

Zzzzz.
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 11:16 am

Someone call in the nurse to roll Rich over, his sleep apnea's happening again
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 5:58 pm

Womb Raider lives ! Party!
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 10:08 pm

Best gonerfest moment. Bringing two trays of chicken and dumplings made by a 70 year old ms grandmother , to Bruce's cook out , and hearing aussie dudes just freak out over it all weekend. That was cool.
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 10:21 pm

Gonerfest is awesome . I just get lost in other stuff. Bazooka Joe ....when u show up....I'll definitely show up. It's time bro. Figure it out.
Posted: Jul 8, 2016 8:32 am

I'd love to go. Would be better if Riggler showed up too. I think his calendar is open since he wasn't asked to play the ITR anniversary.
Posted: Jul 8, 2016 12:30 pm

Bwahaha ! Didn't wanna take any stage time away from Ty Stegall.
Posted: Jul 8, 2016 12:44 pm

Bazooka Joe would go but he's too busy processing Black Gladiator returns .
Posted: Jul 8, 2016 2:04 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

HEE-HAW!
Posted: Jul 9, 2016 2:53 pm | Edited by: m t millionaire

[heehaw]

I guess that doesn't work anymore.
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 11:02 am | Edited by: cultural ambassador

[hee-haw]

Neither does that variation.
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 11:31 am

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 11:33 am

That works!
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 11:46 am

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 11:50 am | Edited by: Womb Raider

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMI8MMMNNMMMMMNMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMDI8MMN==MMMONMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIINM?=+NNII8MMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIN====NII7MMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNI=====IIZMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNO====$$N$=====OMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMD8DNNNN==8$8$ZO8N=====++N
MMMMMMMMMMMM====DDMMMMMMNOI~IDN==$8MMMMM
MMMMMMM88OZZD=$==8MMMN7I$DN~ ~NMMMMMMMM
87DMMDD==8DDD=?=DDMM78Z~~Z8~~~~~NMMMMMMM
7=DM==7=====DD==I=DM=~~~~~7~~~~~~MMMMMMM
==7====8Z=DDOD?====DN~~N~~~~~~~~MMMMMMMM
=======D=====ZM==DDMMMN NNN~NMMMMMMMMM
===D$==D===DDDMMDMMMMMMMZDN+~MMMMMMMMMMM
==+D8==88DMDO8MMMMMMMMMMMN$DNMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM==7D8==DMMMMMMMMMNN~+ ZMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM==$D?==D8=D==8M==8NNNMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM=======D?=D==OM==D7=DZ==DMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM===8D==D=====Z8==DD=D===DMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM===DM=8D=7D==7O===D====DMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM===DMDDD=DM==I?==DM===8DMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM+=DM==IMDDDM===DMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMDDMMMMMMMM
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

rich riggler:
Black Gladiator returns

We're Loud comp was the biggest label mistake ever. That upcoming WEAD single is sure to be just as disastrous. I should fire myself.
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 10:39 am

I am having another unsweet tea. And thinking about whether or not I should order chinese for lunch.
Posted: Jul 18, 2016 4:03 pm

No chris alienator
Posted: Jul 20, 2016 2:48 pm

HEY EVERYBODY!!!
Posted: Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 6:41 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Now I remember why I stopped hanging out here .
Posted: Jul 22, 2016 10:20 am

old man don't know if he's here or there.
Posted: Jul 22, 2016 10:21 am

"remember"

GOOD ONE!
Posted: Jul 26, 2016 5:17 pm

I'm still here
Posted: Sep 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Wait, did alienator post up there? I'm just here hoping to scope the fallout from the millionaires fb post.... Got my popcorn....

...still waiting
Posted: Sep 22, 2016 11:00 am

what a fuckin nightmare and a huge disappointment. hopefully it doesn't detract too much from everyone's good time at gonerfest. guess it won't be broadcast this year?
Posted: Sep 22, 2016 11:19 am

What? Not everyone is hooked up to the facefeedz, or whatever social mania the kids do these days. Gossip? Dish!
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Jack stands is an horrible abuser, is basically it. There are details out there. I don't know the guy at all, not my place to go into it, but I dont feel bad at all saying that much.
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 4:35 pm

He got outted on the social media, I think. Stay away from FB! (Says the guy who is about to start an account...hey, it's for work!)
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 6:10 pm

It's also complete bullshit.
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Jack rocks!

Jack has done an excellent job over the years broadcasting the G'fest when I've been too lazy to drive across the bridge. Thank you Jack for all the hard work!
Posted: Oct 26, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm just here for the crazings...and a drummer. I need a drummer. Anyone wanna play drums?
Posted: Nov 15, 2016 11:51 am

Oh hey. Had to make a new account
Posted: Nov 16, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm trying to be real-o-mind.
Posted: Nov 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Keepin it going.
Posted: Nov 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Who gives a rat's ass what I think?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®