Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Going to Yer Rip for the first time....riddle me this?
Posted: Oct 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Almost 4 weeks in Castlevania. What should I not miss? what cities are the best for weirdo rock n roll? venues? free stuff to do? what do I need to bring with me? secret handshakes to not end up in a dungeon? what do they call a burrito in Croatia, Luxembourg, Mallorca?
Posted: Nov 2, 2015 10:17 am

This is a good free site with lots of info.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Main_Page

Which countries are you visiting?
Posted: Nov 2, 2015 1:23 pm

you want to rock in Spain, go to the NW corner. Madrid better than Barcelona for r 'n r. That NE (and esp. Baleric Islands) is more about techno crap and EDM.

Best thing you can for your wallet is set up an ATM account with Capital One so you can get money without paying egregious "convenience" and currency conversion fees. Also make sure you have a charge card that doesn't add 1-3% or even 5% onto every transaction.
Posted: Nov 2, 2015 9:31 pm

Went to a bar called "Big Star" in Rome last week that had a giant collage of well curated album covers on the wall. Alas they were playing some god awful zappa/floyd esque noodle funk jazz rock on the stereo. And the record store "Soul Food" near the Colosseum had some great stuff but way expensive. That's the scene report from Rome.
Posted: Nov 2, 2015 10:42 pm

What's your itinerary?
Posted: Nov 3, 2015 2:06 am

a diy booking agent, trapdoor tourz based in Germany, is hammering out the details. going to be there may 4-may 29th. imagine we will be hitting all the normal spots allotted in that time, def want to make it to Spain and Sweden.

as much as I'm not a fan of noodle funk jazz rock from what I've been told about the old country I would much prefer that to the EDM that most places blast.
Posted: Nov 3, 2015 10:23 am

Make sure you up Wowsville and Bassy Club in Berlin. The non-venue side of Bassy is pretty fuckin psyched out. Wowsville, SERIOUSLY, has the best pizza I've ever eaten.
Posted: Nov 3, 2015 10:51 am

You should check out a German FKK club while you're there. If you're in Frankfurt I highly recommend FKK Oase, one of the best whorehouses in Germany. Hot Eastern European chicks all over the place. Had a blast there last year.

http://www.fkk-oase.de/en/impressions/

Do you smoke weed? If you go to Amsterdam Voyager's coffeeshop always keeps quality smoke in stock. Greenhouse has good weed too and seems to be the favorite Amsterdam coffeeshop of American celebrities when in town for some reason. Green Place usually carries good cannabis as well.

If you make it to Barcelona take a stroll down Manzana de la Discordia and gawk at the weird Gaudi architecture.

If you find yourself in Cern by chance while they have the Large Hadron Collider fired up avoid being sucked into a parallel universe.

Go see one of Mad King George's Castles in Germany like Neuschwanstein.

If you're a broke dick living hand to mouth get a job if you don't have one and save up money between now and May or sell your record collection so you'll have extra cheese to spend because there WILL be things you will want to do once you get over there that require Euros.

Croatia you say? This is Mostar.

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/05/24/6356810394608773801100435954_mostar -stari-most-die-alte-bruecke-a3a0785f-c30c-442d-891d-22d0dc6777c3.jpg

You can jump off the bridge...or not. Locals do it all the time year round. I wouldn't, but that's just me. It's a heights thing. See it was a long scary fall when God tossed me out of heaven all that time ago and it still traumatizes me to this day.

Anyway, I recommend eating a hamburger in Hamburg and scoring a bottle of Old Spice in Cologne and remember;

Europe rocks. America sucks.

Bon voyage!
Posted: Jun 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Croatia...Bosnia...it's all the same to me.

How was Europe?

Hot over there? Cos it sure is hot here.
Posted: Jun 25, 2016 11:45 pm

shit got delayed til this coming Oct or Nov

I got an air conditioned asshole
Posted: Jun 26, 2016 2:32 am

Mark Beef:
I got an air conditioned asshole

How often do you have to do one of those freon enemas? Annually or periodically?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®