Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The End Of the Royal Pendletons???
Posted: Mar 18, 2005 1:13 am

I hope not! I've been sitting on this for a while,but since matt makes mention of it on GaragePunk.com and his MySpace site,i guess it's OK to wring hands publicly about it!

I saw some post he did asking about places to live in Philly (the Mrs. got a job there) and then i saw the MySpace blog that explains it a little more in detail,so i'm seriously bummin' about it! He did mention plane tickets from NOLA to Philly are cheap,so maybe there's a chance they don't have to give up the ghost completely,but i'm still bummed! There wouldn't be a Silver Kings w/out the RP's,and a lot less folks would be saying "shattered" if he didn't come along,but i can understand wanting something new too ( i left for pretty much the same reason),so i repect his desicion.

I just hope there's more Pendletons shows in the future! I don't want my last impression of 'em being only seeing just a part of their set at The Rockening! NOOOOOOOO!!! At least i got to witness the 12-minute version of "Stormy" one last time....

If they decide to call it quits i just wanna say "thanks".
Posted: Mar 18, 2005 7:27 pm

But when will they ever put a new album out? Isn't there a bunch of unreleased stuff they recorded a while ago?? One LP is not enough!
Posted: Mar 19, 2005 1:15 am

Posted: Mar 19, 2005 1:49 am

I know about the show on the 26th. I'm just frustrated i can't make it down for it!

Whatever happens,if anything,there should be some more stuff put out! If i had the $$$ i'd do it myself!
Posted: Mar 21, 2005 10:43 pm | Edited by: Scott

Hop on the bus, Gus. You can make it down here for the show. Hell, I'll even let you sleep on my couch for old times' sake.
Posted: Mar 22, 2005 12:55 am

Fuck man,i wish it was that easy for me! I would be screwing myself out of a place to live if i did that! That doesn't mean i won't be reserving couch space for the future... Goneroo,maybe?
Posted: Mar 22, 2005 2:41 am

hey guys! the royal pendletons are too stupid to ever die!!!! we are working on that new lp...I swear....please help to light a fire under our lazy asses. I may be turnin' into a yankee but I'm gonna be coming back to the southland often! more shows in memphis and New orleans, I swear!
Posted: Mar 22, 2005 3:48 am

Matt...if you are gonna end up in Philly, would this mean possible Royal Pendletons shows up there once in a while? That would be KILLER.
Posted: Mar 24, 2005 9:43 pm

YES!!! That's great to hear,matt! You never know where i'll be,i might just make that next show (this weekend,though... too soon for me to wing it,dammit!)!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®