Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Aug 7, 2015 11:51 am

Could be great. Could suck. I'm definitely intrigued.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Looks sharp. I'll be watching to shit talk. Hope to be able to keep it to a minimum.
Posted: Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

C'mon. Marty & Mick on the records biz with cocaine? with "Mr. HBO MiniSeries" producing? What's not to like? I predict fantastic things. Too bad I don't have cable ...
Posted: Aug 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Marty I'm not worried about. Mick, however, doesn't have a great track record when it comes to non-fiction motion picture type thingies. Of course, he's not in it (hopefully), so there's that.

The main character was amazing in Boardwalk Empire, though. I definitely can't wait to see what he brings to the table.
Posted: Aug 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahrty knows music and he knows cocaine. and he exec produced "B.Walk Empire".

yeah, Cannavale's got chops. His character apparently is named "Richie Finnestra". Perhaps modeled on Tommy Mottola?
Posted: Aug 12, 2015 7:46 pm

Hopefully, the focus is more on him and what goes on in behind the scenes (as the trailer suggests) than what I'm imagining as a parade of cringeworthy fictitious bands.

Jagger’s son James also appears as Kip Stevens, the frontman of punk band Nasty Bits.

Douglas Smith will play Xavier, a naive and ethereal keyboardist in the party band, Karisma.
Posted: Aug 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but if this is a prequel to Freejack, I'm in!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®