Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Reiging Sound LP
Posted: Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Who's heard this yet??

What are your thoughts???
Posted: Jun 25, 2014 1:41 pm

I love almost every thing Greg has done in any form in his career, and I'd never say anything bad about the guy.

That being said, I don't enjoy the new record very much. For my tastes, it's too light, too 60s, too straight-laced garage. I love the other RS records.

I think if you enjoyed the Scion EP, you'll like it. If not, maybe not so much.

Others will chime in and say it's great, though. It just doesn't appeal to me much.
Posted: Jun 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Now in the Wall Street Journal??!!

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-81935
Posted: Jun 26, 2014 6:53 pm

The "My My" song in the article sounds Stonesy to me. Not bad.
Posted: Jun 26, 2014 10:33 pm

If i sucked Greg's dick and swallowed he still wouldn't believe me if I told him that I loved him. But they ruled hard in Baltimore a month ago. Wanna hear this LP bad. Between that show, Parting Gifts show in Baltimore a few years ago, and John Paul Keith's show here last year I don't have any doubt about modern Memphis and related musicality. I do not expect to hear Oblivians anymore unless I'm listening to Oblivians. Dick sucking aside, I can't wait to love or hate this album.
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 8:57 am

man i was drunk. i don't really hate anything anymore. i'm growing a beard.
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 9:01 am

"Since Reigning Sound's last studio album, 2009's "Love and Curses," Mr. Cartwight lost two extended family members and two close friends in the music world: Jim Shaw, a champion of underground rock from Detroit; and a rising star from Memphis who went by the name Jay Reatard and died in 2010 at age 29."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/garage-rocker-greg-cartwright-grows-up- and-branches-out-1403801140

that shit still chokes me up. damn.
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 9:06 am

What does it feel like to be referred to as "Mr. Cartwright" six times in an article? Crazy!
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 11:08 am

cant wait!!!!!!

ps bazooka joe loves cum
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 11:22 am

you spelled gum wrong.
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 11:24 am

The Gum Wrong Group
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 1:46 pm

bazooka joe likes to blow bubbles with cum
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 1:47 pm

I mean gum
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Love and Curses is my favorite.
Posted: Jun 28, 2014 5:12 pm

they're all great, but i generally prefer the rawer albums. Too Much Guitar's my favorite by far - the drums on that record fucking blow me away - with Time Bomb High a close second. haven't got to see them since they played with the Detroit Cobras in PDX, way back in... geez, that was like 10 years ago?! totally stoked to see them at the booger burgaloo next week - wish they could've squeezed on the bill with Ronnie Spector that night in SF, but i'll take what i can git...
Posted: Jun 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Just pointing out "Live at Goner" was 9 years ago, two days ago...
Posted: Jun 30, 2014 9:47 am

You're growing a beard Joe? Me too.
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 5:00 pm

This like their other stuff is fab. Getting my copy soon.
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 5:38 pm

I like it lots... like it better than "Love and Curses" (not that "L&C" was a bad album by any means). Perfect mix of rockers and ballads, soulful... It's currently the soundtrack for my breakup w/my fiancee...
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 6:40 pm

YIKES.

Good luck, Sal!
Posted: Jul 19, 2014 9:33 am

Thumbs up on the record. Begin world tour immediately!
Posted: Jul 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Begin world tour immediately!

yes "world" tour .......including Australia!
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 12:01 am

i was drunk and stoned when i heard it but pretty sure i liked it.
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 1:55 pm

I hear it's getting "huge raves". A little birdie told me.
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 10:35 pm

I LOVE most of it...even the cornball stuff. 'My My' is my Van Morrison-esque jam. Really just thrilled that it brought them to Portland (GREAT show) and the West Coast.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®