Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / BLIND SHAKE
Posted: Jun 4, 2014 1:43 pm

This band is fuckin BAD ASS!

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 2:00 pm

Yeah I think they kicked off the Thursday night Gonerfest at Hi Tone last year. It was a nice high energy start to the fest. I remember being impressed with their aggressive sound. It was a pleasant surprise and nice way to start with the guns blazing but I'm an old metalhead so I like shit like that anyway.
Posted: Jun 4, 2014 2:21 pm

Saw them at GF 10. Also saw them play with Thee Oh Sees & OBN III's last year. Nice triple bill.

I liked about half their songs live. None were bad. I think they got kind of lost in the shuffle of the dozens of other bands at GF.
Posted: Jun 4, 2014 2:51 pm

That Castle Face record is killer. I guess they have another one of CF coming up, and Slovenly is doing a 12" with 9 songs (but is technically not being called an LP). There's a new single on an Italian label to. Need to see them live lickety split.
Posted: Jun 4, 2014 4:54 pm

heres some video from Gonerfest 10

Posted: Jun 4, 2014 7:15 pm

have loved them ever since they played the space we had going back in 2008 with Static Static
Posted: Jun 4, 2014 9:21 pm

will check the GF10 footage as soon as i can. pretty sure this is the one i insisted i was going to that xtine wouldn't let me go to. gotta work on my back hand.
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 8:37 am

I like them...are you going this year by any chance? That would pretty much seal the deal for me Joe. Only issue is that we have this local music festival here in town that they do the same weekend as Gonerfest every year. They say it's unintentional but it still annoys the shit out of me and everyone else I know that is an old school record geek around here. I might be a day late to GF since Bim is playing both festivals and I'll probably caravan with them, what sucks is that the day after that Don Howland is playing...dude it is freaking irritating....I'm actually the most impartial person I know on the matter.

Is it too late to get Don Howland at GF?
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 8:44 am

Anyway, I had that first Blind Shake record in heavy rotation for awhile...the whole thing is solid, but I don't remember any stand out tracks just consistent kickin ass from start to finish...I think them and Anomalies would make a bitchin split ten inch or something...
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 12:08 pm

I think i need to buy some now. damn. I didn't remember them this well.
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 12:21 pm

Goner is slated to do the next Blind Shake lp - after Slovenly's demos ep... PSYCHED! Some amazing songs!
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 1:35 pm

really? SICK!
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 1:36 pm

listening to the Italian single now. HEAVY.
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 1:59 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Slovenly's demos ep

they aren't demos though. demo-lishuns maybe!
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 2:25 pm

they aren't demos though.

And they also were not produced by Chris Woodhouse. GOD DAMN!!! Gimme gimme gimme.
Posted: Jun 5, 2014 5:06 pm

And they also were not produced by Chris Woodhouse. GOD DAMN!!!
haha
Posted: Jun 8, 2014 11:53 pm

Opened for them years agp in portland.glad we were opening.
Posted: Jun 9, 2014 8:00 am

They're great live, I've seen them three times and they have destroyed each time. Perfect choice to open GFX. Can't get into their recorded material much, though.
Posted: Jun 14, 2014 12:47 am

I got some of their shit.
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 1:40 pm

I started with the split of them & the Birthday Suits & have dug them since! Really dug the Suits, too.
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 2:07 pm

still waiting to hear the stuff they did with MICHAEL FUCKING YONKERS!
Posted: Jun 28, 2014 10:31 pm

still waiting to hear the stuff they did with MICHAEL FUCKING YONKERS!
Was one of my top ten for the year it came out...Here's some live Blind Shake:
http://oldflamearchives.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-franks-power-plant- 07-17-12
Posted: Jun 28, 2014 10:44 pm

I was at the release party of BS/BS split 7". It was only $2 to get in. My copy is one of only 100 made on see-through orange wax.
Posted: Jun 2, 2015 2:51 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Documentary:

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 2:32 pm

Shakin' your own willie will make you blind, it's true, but I've got the solution, Beej. C'mon by Stall No. 3, Minneapolis Airport Men's Room, and we can talk about this hard problem. Beej.
Posted: Jun 8, 2015 12:01 pm

love the brother bands, but why do the bro's always stay put? Glad I saw 'em without that light show, tho.

Slovenly might be a better band for Larry's campaign, but they'll have to get over that heroin problem.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®