Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Wild Bill's
Posted: May 21, 2014 9:28 am

Is this place still around in Memphis? Is it still worth a stop in on a Friday night? I haven't been in many years.

Anything else going on this weekend? I know about the drive-in and I'm planning on going. Any decent breweries in town?

Will be in town from Friday to Monday.
Posted: May 21, 2014 11:09 am

Wild Bills, unfortunately, has shut it's doors.

Memphis has a bustling little micro-brewery scene with Ghost River (Bosco's folks), High Cotton, Wise-Acre and Memphis Made all producing pretty good stuff. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of them have onsite pubs yet. I know the High Cotton guys are building a brewpub but I don't think it's close to being finished. According to their website, Ghost River stopped doing the tours they once offered.
Posted: May 21, 2014 11:12 am

if you wanna try local brew, this place is fun and right around the corner from Goner: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-growler-memphis
Posted: May 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Sucks about Wild Bill's! Will try to check out the Growler. Which local brewery is most solid overall?
Posted: May 22, 2014 2:16 am

Wise Acre has a tap room so I'm told
Posted: May 22, 2014 10:47 am

Wise Acre has a great IPA and the only on-site tap room. Memphis Made and High Cotton are both strong and doing things more seasonally. Memphis Made has an Alt and a malty IPA going right now - High Cotton's saison and ESB are both good. Growler is good to try out different stuff.
Posted: May 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Wild Bills up on Vollintine is most definitely in business. No local brews on tap, though, except for a couple from St. Louis.
Posted: May 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Tap? Last time I went there you could only buy 40s.

Good to know it's open though.
Posted: May 24, 2014 12:14 am

Wild Bills up on Vollintine is most definitely in business. No local brews on tap, though, except for a couple from St. Louis.

See, never trust a Yankee when it comes to Memphis stuff. Thought I read where they closed but Sherman would know better than me.

Hope you made it to Big Star Third tonight. Good times.
Posted: May 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Mom and Sis made the trip up to Pittsburgh over the weekend and brought me some memphis beer. The Ananda IPA was pretty good. The Reverberation stout was tasty. But, the Wiseacre "Azazel" is the fucking heat.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®