Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / holly go lightly and the brokeoffs.
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 1:07 am

they played kalamazoo mi a few days ago, good show.. !! those two are real good folks! ive had a US/UK crush since i first saw her back in 2003.??? when she had bruce from thee headcoats in her band... a real sweetheart!! good luck you two on yer tour!!!
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 11:33 pm

yeah love her stuff - she's on my "to do" (well to see anyway) list - missed her tour downunder a few years back and have just missed catching shows whilst holidaying in the US & UK
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 11:35 pm

Brett, please, this is not penthouse forum
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 1:14 am

Saw them a couple weeks ago and it seemed like what the Brokeoffs do are actually his songs with only a couple (2) Holly Golightly songs thrown in. Way more fun when it was a full band doing Holly's songs (especially when touring with Bruce!).
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 4:05 pm

They've got 7 albums under their belt, so not surprising that they're not touring on her solo back catalog.
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Hmm. I didn't realize they've had that much output, still she seemed like the side person to his schtick. The show was decent and well attended, but not very exciting.
Posted: May 1, 2014 8:41 am

I have a still-going, long-term crush on Holly Golightly.

The Brokeoffs thing is OK but I'd much rather hear solo Holly. Or Thee Headcoatees.
Posted: May 1, 2014 1:28 pm

With a band name like The Brokeoffs no wonder everyone has a crush on her, I think that was her intent. Do you know what that is slang for?
Posted: May 2, 2014 9:19 am

K-zoo show was good. Dave looks like a hobo they found in the alley behind the venue, but he was a very nice guy and a good musician. Holly was awesome as always, especially considering she was fighting a nasty cold and had people like me introducing myself to her. I pretty much had to since earlier in the day on FB I claimed that the "Holly Golightly" profile was actually an impostor and that this person would have us believe that Holly was now a horse farmer living in Georgia. She thought it was very funny and actually hugged me. Then I introduced her to T. Potter and she said "oh yes, from the Dirtbombs?" I don't think he said "awe shucks" out loud, but it was all over his face.
Posted: May 5, 2014 12:45 am

bloody hell.!
Posted: May 5, 2014 5:30 pm

The Brokeoffs thing is OK but I'd much rather hear solo Holly. Or Thee Headcoatees.

I agree with the above (not a big fan of the neo-skiffle/Americana that is so popular now). I think that is an excellent suggestion for a Gonerfest. Sarah/Ludella Black from Thee Headcoatees has a couple of solo records out backed by the Masonics. Get Bruce to come over with the rest of the Masonics for one night and drum for solo/rock Holly, too, on another. Medway to Memphis mayhem!
Posted: May 12, 2014 8:54 am

^That entire community is pretty much too smart for us.
Posted: Jul 27, 2015 3:24 pm

For those of you clamoring for more solo Holly. Your wish has come true.
http://damagedgoods.co.uk/news/holly-golightly-new-album-and-single-out-in-august
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®